Prospect Info: Eeli Tolvanen

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Am I the only one that’s a little depressed not seeing number 11 in gold this season?
The kid wants to be in the NHL obviously and I worry he gets fed up playing in the minors and just bolts back to make bigger money in the KHL and play in the big leagues where he belongs.

I say we bring the kid up and let him play:

JOFA
Fiala Turris Tolvanen
Jarnkrok Sissons smith
Hartman bonino salomaki

That looks a lot better than our current team being iced. I know we are 5-1, but guys we are the returning presidents trophy winners and the roster is the exact same minus emelin plus hammer. Of course we are going to be a top team. This move makes us even stronger. Even if you have to switch smith and tolvanen back and forth here and there. Turris and fiala aren’t doing much right now and maybe Eeli sparks them and we are that much better. I would much rather have tolvanen than rinaldo in there.

I would just hate to lose him to the khl...

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Am I the only one that’s a little depressed not seeing number 11 in gold this season?
The kid wants to be in the NHL obviously and I worry he gets fed up playing in the minors and just bolts back to make bigger money in the KHL and play in the big leagues where he belongs.

I say we bring the kid up and let him play:

JOFA
Fiala Turris Tolvanen
Jarnkrok Sissons smith
Hartman bonino salomaki

That looks a lot better than our current team being iced. I know we are 5-1, but guys we are the returning presidents trophy winners and the roster is the exact same minus emelin plus hammer. Of course we are going to be a top team. This move makes us even stronger. Even if you have to switch smith and tolvanen back and forth here and there. Turris and fiala aren’t doing much right now and maybe Eeli sparks them and we are that much better. I would much rather have tolvanen than rinaldo in there.

I would just hate to lose him to the khl...
It does? Games aren't played with paper rosters.

You took the one player that's consistently shown up from the 2nd line and demoted him, replaced a bottom 6er that's (surprisingly) been effective in his role so far and gifted a 2nd line spot to a prospect that demonstrated no reason to be kept on the NHL roster during the pre-season.

Tolvanen can justify being called up by dominating at the level he's currently placed at. If he's going to be a difference maker for this year, that should be no problem. If he's going to pout and bail at the first sign of adversity, he's not ready to be an asset for this organization.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
There are positives to this, shitty positives, but positives.

If he leaves and does not come back he's exempt from an expansion draft in 2 years, so if a forward were to go, (SMITH) then he can come in and replace him. If he is convinced to stay on the Ads, that's phenomenal depth for the Preds. The team is 5-1 with Tolvanen out of the lineup and Watson on suspension.

Reactions: Legionnaire11

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Still another week until he hits 10 games I think, and he hasn't been lighting up the AHL the way we hoped.

It would suck if he went back and didn't develop his NA game this season, but he'd still be progressing in some areas, which is okay because he's still very young and raw. Consider that prior to what was essentially a half-season goal scoring outburst, we saw him as a 2-3 year project at best. And if he decides to stay here after 10 games hopefully he can start putting it together down there and force a call-up.

Right now the Preds are winning and Tolvanen doesn't have the numbers to justify a roster spot. I know we all have huge expectations for him, but the NHL is high stakes and Poile can't afford to deal outside of the current reality.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Hes exempt from the expansion draft regardless because he will still be on an ELC.

If he leaves and goes back the KHL hes either stupid and immature or getting very bad career advice(I'd favor the latter)

Hes clearly not ready for the NHL. He needs to look no further than Forsberg to see how much good a little time in the AHL can do a 19 year old.

Reactions: Bringer of Jollity

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
The deadline day is the 27th. He's not looking all that great in the AHL, hell Rocco is the first call up for me, he need AHL time.

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
3 points in his first 5 games is not bad at all....
Smith has had 3 in his first 6, in NHL not AHL, which isn't bad either. Yet you're replacing him with a player you didn't know hasn't been very convincing this season.

This ain't Red Wings, he's going to get his chance when he's earned it.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
The 2nd thread this week that I literally shook my head at while reading the OP.

I listened to the last admirals games. If you can listen to the majority of the game and still have questions about what line a player is on...well, that's probably not a good indication of their play around the puck. He needs time. If he won't take the hint that he's not even getting top PP minutes in Milwaukee then I am not sure what else can be said to him. I don't think he has been 'bad'. I think he's just 'there' right now. Figuring things out, working out, and getting acclimated, that should be his priority. Hopefully he stays patient and hungry to succeed.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Pretty tired of your trolling and provocations. What has this kid done to you and why do you care?

He'll turn 20 next APRIL. He has nothing but time.

No offense but you are the same guy who ripped me a new one when I said finding time and space for his one timers wouldnt be as easy in the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->