Prospect Info: Eeli Tolvanen

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
The announcer called it a "power play" goal. Does anyone know what that is?

You know when the Preds opponent has one less guy on the ice and then they end up with the best scoring chances in that time? It's like that except the Preds would be the team scoring.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Playoffs 0 points.
Anyone seen him playing. How is he?
did not see him play but i don't think that matters. 0 points in 5 games in the playoffs is just pitiful.

now he was being used with some lower skill players from what i understand.

i guess it could be worse like arvidsson with 0 points in 6 games playing with forsberg and johansen.

Reactions: jalperi

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Seems like I remember someone saying he was playing on the 4th line, which if that's the case its understandable why he didn't get a point. Also kind of questioning why he would be in that spot.

Reactions: Enoch

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
You know when the Preds opponent has one less guy on the ice and then they end up with the best scoring chances in that time? It's like that except the Preds would be the team scoring.
Actually the Predators figured out the PowerPlay and used it to perfection. All throughout history teams used it to create offense, and the Predators decided to use it for defense. Why score 45 seconds in and waste 1:15 of prime defending opportunities? They figured out if they just pass it on the perimeter for 2 minutes the other team can not score.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
did not see him play but i don't think that matters. 0 points in 5 games in the playoffs is just pitiful.

now he was being used with some lower skill players from what i understand.

i guess it could be worse like arvidsson with 0 points in 6 games playing with forsberg and johansen.

Eeli had 35 points in the regular season as a 20 year old rookie. Don't write him off so soon.

Iowa played a heavy game and it was hard for Milwaukee to get the offense going. They scored 10 goals and gave up 20 in a 5 game series, losing it 3-2.

Is Nashville calling up Richard because he had 4 goals and 1 assist against Iowa?

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
I think we have one winger spot for a youngster next season. It comes down to Tolvanen, Pitlick and Richard. Hopefully they're gonna make a huge leap next season.

Dadof5boys

May 25, 2003
Murfreesbo Tennessee
Visit site
It looks as if (stat wise) he didn’t do well in international play this year either especially compared to his last few years. Injury or does just being a part of the Nashville Predators Organization zap offensive talent from players? I say this with a bit of tongue and cheek as I do know that we do have some offensively gifted players.

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
It looks as if (stat wise) he didn’t do well in international play this year either especially compared to his last few years. Injury or does just being a part of the Nashville Predators Organization zap offensive talent from players? I say this with a bit of tongue and cheek as I do know that we do have some offensively gifted players.

I wouldn't say it was as much the Preds organization as much as it was likely some combination of the following:

* Hurt ego and lost confidence after not making the team out of camp after being a hyped up prospect. He was on most of the Calder watches before the season.

* The Ads were offensively inept last season and, from my understanding, he wasn't getting prime time minutes and wasn't being used as a go to guy.

* Adjusting to Pro NA hockey

* And lastly, hopefully this isn't true, but, maybe he just really isn't that good.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
I wouldn't say it was as much the Preds organization as much as it was likely some combination of the following:

* Hurt ego and lost confidence after not making the team out of camp after being a hyped up prospect. He was on most of the Calder watches before the season.

* The Ads were offensively inept last season and, from my understanding, he wasn't getting prime time minutes and wasn't being used as a go to guy.

* Adjusting to Pro NA hockey

* And lastly, hopefully this isn't true, but, maybe he just really isn't that good.

It should be added that according to Milwaukee fan reports, despite the overall underwhelming numbers, Tolvanen improved throughout the season and was playing his best hockey down the stretch. Dude just turned 20 and has plenty of time to continue his development.

I think a lot of people forget how young he is and that if he had been able to go to college we would hardly ever talk about him as he would have just finished his sophomore season. Instead we allowed a two-month hot streak to totally warp our expectations. It's kind of unfortunate, but I think that little stretch with Jokerit is going to taint his whole pro career because fans and pundits will always bring it up from time to time, unless he suddenly turns into a reliable 40 goal scorer in the NHL.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Think we would need Ads fans to answer it better, but I think he started playing better at the end and if I recall he had an injury at some point in the season.

I too want to think he wasn't getting big minutes either. I really think they have been more concerned with him rounding out his game rather than scoring.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
There was just not a ton of offensive talent last year. Getting Dauphin and Helewka helped but there still wasn't a lot and guys who had talent (Trenin) weren't put in offensive roles either and the talent we did have was all separated for the most part on different lines. Tough to ask a 19 year old to come in, adjust to smaller ice, work on his defensive game and carry a line offensively.

Reactions: NNCbama

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I think we have one winger spot for a youngster next season. It comes down to Tolvanen, Pitlick and Richard. Hopefully they're gonna make a huge leap next season.
I don't get a sense from last years stats anyway that any of these guys should be a candidate to make the team. If you're just talking a 13th forward, might as well roll Salomaki in that spot and let these guys be 1st liners in Milwaukee. :dunno:

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Salomaki job is not to score goals. He’s a fourth line grinder and is a pest that draws penalties and he does a great job at that

Reactions: Dadof5boys

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Yeah, you know what annoys the other team? Scoring goals.
If you’re relying on fourth liners to score goals you’re going to be disappointed no matter what team you watch. But salomaki will draw penalties so our actual goal scorers can get a power play to score some. Which we were awful at last season anyways. That is no fault of salomaki though as he does not see power play time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad