Prospect Info: Eeli Tolvanen

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Okay so still no Tolvanen last night. Injured? Sick? something else going on?

Again tonight, the admirals are playing without Tolvanen...
No news on the internet about any injury to ET.

Anyone know what’s going on here??

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Again tonight, the admirals are playing without Tolvanen...
No news on the internet about any injury to ET.

Anyone know what’s going on here??

Someone asked the Admirals radio announcer on twitter about it and he said he's injured.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Gold medal hangover... usually does not last more than 1 week and they were in Vancouver so it's not quite as distant as it could have been...

I don't know, but I guess the question in the back of everyone's mind is whether he might be thinking about going back to Jokerit for their playoff run? ET calls home. I don't think that'd be any big deal either way TBH... their season ends early and he could go there and still come back to finish as a Black Ace here. It's no biggie either way. But some sort of official announcement of his status is probably overdue... no idea if he's physically in Milwaukee or what. Inquiring minds want to know!

Didn't he lose the option to return after playing 10 games in AHL/NHL this year?

I really hope it's just an illness thing. But who knows, the organization won't say anything until they're absolutely forced to do so.

RedWillys

Dec 13, 2017
Tolvanen had nice goal tonight. Couldn’t tell if it was on the PP or not, it was at the tail end.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Forum newbie here. It seems worth noting that half of Tolvanen's eight goals on the season have come very recently. Perhaps a sign of things finally coming together for him in terms of his grasp on North American hockey? At least as far as scoring goes.
Well he played juniors in the US so he's gotta be used to it by now but I get your point. And yeah maybe it's a good sign that most goals are lately but I don't watch the Ads games. I'd have to see what someone on here who goes to their games thinks.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Forum newbie here. It seems worth noting that half of Tolvanen's eight goals on the season have come very recently. Perhaps a sign of things finally coming together for him in terms of his grasp on North American hockey? At least as far as scoring goes.

It is hard to say. He seems to be shooting more rather than passing the puck all the time. Last night's goal was a PPG from a face off dot.

Welcome!

I checked. Last night Tolvanen had 4 shots.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Tolvanen had an amazing shift in the game on Saturday night. They didn't score so it wasn't on the highlights but he dominated the shift, holding possession and setting up teammates. It was the first time I've seen him dominate the play like that.

Reactions: adsfan and cjerina

cjerina

Nov 5, 2008
Tolvanen had an amazing shift in the game on Saturday night. They didn't score so it wasn't on the highlights but he dominated the shift, holding possession and setting up teammates. It was the first time I've seen him dominate the play like that.

Everything about Saturday night showed Eeli will be fine in the NHL. He has a good shot, but requires another offensively competent player to set up passes for execution, something that rarely happens in the AHL, but will not be a problem in the NHL. His play without the puck is very strong compared to the other current-Preds that I've seen move through Milwaukee. He's also not afraid to lay out some hits, with a nice non-call charging as well :)

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Everything about Saturday night showed Eeli will be fine in the NHL. He has a good shot, but requires another offensively competent player to set up passes for execution, something that rarely happens in the AHL, but will not be a problem in the NHL. His play without the puck is very strong compared to the other current-Preds that I've seen move through Milwaukee. He's also not afraid to lay out some hits, with a nice non-call charging as well :)

I saw Tolvanen plaster somebody on the north end wall last weekend. I sit on the south end and the boom was quite loud.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Been looking a lot better as of late in AHL. I really think he is still going to be really good. Just had a slow start in Milwaukee. He had an assist last night and I see he’s been a lot more physical as well. Starting to get mojo back, nervous if we did trade him...

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
When he got his call up, I noticed he had gotten much better away from the puck. He seems to be learning how to be a more well rounded player.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Tolvanen hit the crossbar with 5 minutes remaining last night. It would have tied the game against San Antonio. Sixth loss in a row at home.

Gaudet scored with 40 seconds remaining, but it was disallowed due to a high stick. I can't be sure if it was the right call, but my wife said it was a good goal before the replay. I would hate to think that the Admirals got robbed by the Zebras two games in a row, resulting in 1 point, when it could have been 2 to 4 points.

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017

Let's hope so

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->