Prospect Info: Eeli Tolvanen

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Scored again tonight. He's been doing fine after the WJC. I think Kasperi Kapanen -route is the best for him. Teach him two-way game while he improves his physical tools (Skating mostly). If he gets his skating to a good place he'll do a lot of damage with that shot of his. Make him earn everything.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I think he is going to be fine, I just think it's going to take a bit longer than we thought originally. It's probably better anyways as he will be a more well rounded player.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Tolvanen 36 GP 9 G 10 A -9 14 PIMs. There are 23 games remaining.

His stats project to 15 G 16 A if he plays every game remaining this season, making 59 games.

In a full season of 76 games that comes out to: 19 G and 21 A.

His skating puts him in the top 3 of Admirals players in that department IMHO. I think that Anthony Richard and Adam Helewka are better, but he is the best Rookie on the team offensively.

FilthyScoresberg

Memphis 901
Jul 28, 2015
Memphis
Tolvanen can come up again this season, right? If so, then I’d like to see him come up and try again before the playoffs if we could get someone like Duchene to feed it to him. Idk just anxious for this TDL deal that feels inevitable.. need content.

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
Tolvanen can come up again this season, right? If so, then I’d like to see him come up and try again before the playoffs if we could get someone like Duchene to feed it to him. Idk just anxious for this TDL deal that feels inevitable.. need content.

He's played in 7 games for the Preds so he has what, 2 left?

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Well, seeing how they gave Boyle his #11...

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
He's played in 7 games for the Preds so he has what, 2 left?

He used his slide last year. His official signing age was 19 .. age as of Sep 15 of the calendar year in which he signed his ELC. Those aged 18 for official purposes when signing their ELC can get two slides, those aged 19 can only get one. 9.1 (d) of the CBA.

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
He used his slide last year. His official signing age was 19 .. age as of Sep 15 of the calendar year in which he signed his ELC. Those aged 18 for official purposes when signing their ELC can get two slides, those aged 19 can only get one. 9.1 (d) of the CBA.

So help me understand this. His rookie contract runs through the 20-21 season.

If he played 10 or more games last year, it would have burned a year off. But now, no matter how many games he were to play in the NHL, he would still be on the ELC through 20-21?

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com

If he played 10 or more games last year, it would have burned a year off. But now, no matter how many games he were to play in the NHL, he would still be on the ELC through 20-21?
His original contract was for 3 years but he could slide the first year. You don't get to slide every year, just the first.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.

If a player signs at age 18 (age as of Sep 15 ... there is specific language in the CBA referencing 18 years old in a draft year) and they do not play 10 NHL games then their contract slides. If they then do not play 10 NHL games in the second year, then their contract can slide one more time ... two total.

A player who signs at 19 (again, age as of Sep 15 for the calendar year in which they sign) can have their contract once if they do not play ten NHL games. This is the case for Tolvanen. The first counted year of his ELC is 2018-19.

Reactions: Bringer of Jollity

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Easiest way for me to remember was basically if they were playing professional hockey and getting paid the slide was gone unless they show up late in the season or could still go back to juniors.

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
I get Tolvanen hasn't been the player we all hoped he would be playing in Milwaukee but is there any way he gets a call up soon? I think if he can play with more talented players it could help his production so I hope they call him up soon to get another look

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
If he's dependent on more talented players to help him out of his mediocre production, is he really worthy of a call-up? Why give Eeli that spot when you could give it to Rocco or Sizzler or Jarnkrok, who would also produce more with better linemates and actually provide contributions to the other aspects of the game?

Reactions: Gh24 and JGeorge54

cjerina

Nov 5, 2008
He'll get called up along with all the other Black Aces. He won't play unless we have a huge amount of injuries in the playoffs.

There's no room for logic in this thread. If he's not playing for the Preds in the playoffs, he's a bust.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad