News and Blog Report: Edmonton Sports Radio Thread - Part 6

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
"As a 19 year old kid I was riding to the games with Patrick Roy and Ray Bourque"

"My 9 year old brother was the same age as Patrick's boy. They use to hangout and play. How many kids could go to school and tell their friends they were hanging out at Patrick Roy's house"

Alex Tanguay on story time yesterday. I honestly don't know how Gregor chooses who he does, but this story time is just golden. PG version of spittin chicklets

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Wtf is up with alk the Twitter hackings lately
I mean the one was to generate millions in the scam. The other I don't really get. What do you get out of hacking matheson who isn't exactly posting the best information in the first place

Rpenny

Feb 23, 2019
Anyone know whatever happened to Meg Storms that use to be on Gregor show? Was thinking about her the other day.

didnt she do a reality TV show, bombed very badly and quit the business to work an oil company or something

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
My god is Neilsen's show pathetic. Listening twice today for about 15 minutes each time. Just pathetic.

Sports are finally up and running and they are still f***ing around playing games and not really paying attention to sports.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Are we going to discuss how Bob Stauffer said he can see Darnell Nurse going to the Hall of Fame still?

Because I feel like this needs to be discussed in how bad it is.

Reactions: MoneyGuy

CM4

Oct 31, 2013
Edmonton
Matthew Iwanyk has got to be one of the most painful hosts. Can they really not find anyone else to fill in when the main hosts are gone.

Reactions: Isaak16

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Matthew Iwanyk has got to be one of the most painful hosts. Can they really not find anyone else to fill in when the main hosts are gone.
They had him Yaremchuk and Hernan on one day. I was just like, why? Can't you just take the best of Jason Gregor's storytime and play that instead

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
I missed this.

Oilers Now with Bob Stauffer | Global News

August 11, part two with Mark Spector @ 10:10

"I look at this Oilers team right now and McDavid and Draisaitl have a chance to be Hall of Famers. That's all I see on this team right now. Maybe with time, Darnell Nurse will progress and because the Oilers win 3-4 times and Nurse continues to grow, maybe we'll be talking about him as a Hall-of-Fame calibre defenseman." - Bob Stauffer

"Probably not" - Mark Spector

sportsfan944804

Aug 7, 2020

"I look at this Oilers team right now and McDavid and Draisaitl have a chance to be Hall of Famers. That's all I see on this team right now. Maybe with time, Darnell Nurse will progress and because the Oilers win 3-4 times and Nurse continues to grow, maybe we'll be talking about him as a Hall-of-Fame calibre defenseman." - Bob Stauffer

Hahahahahahahahahaha.

I often wonder what the requirements actually are for becoming some sort of Oilers 'legitimate' reporter. It is as though none of these people watch the games or can analyze the game critically. I understand every organization needs their yes men to peddle their product, but good lord...I am having trouble finding ANY regular Oilers reporter who is worth reading/listening to.

Maybe the best of us here should start up a podcast and really get things going eh.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

I rarely listen to Bob, but I find it funny as from tidbits I hear it seems like Bob and Mark quitely call each other dumb on a regular basis.

I don't doubt that Nurse can still grow, but into a hall of fame d-man? Maybe let's set the bar at a little bit of a better level. This is why I can't take Bob seriously and only really listen when he has those guests that give real tidbits like Holland or Tippett

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Hahahahahahahahahaha.

I often wonder what the requirements actually are for becoming some sort of Oilers 'legitimate' reporter. It is as though none of these people watch the games or can analyze the game critically. I understand every organization needs their yes men to peddle their product, but good lord...I am having trouble finding ANY regular Oilers reporter who is worth reading/listening to.

Maybe the best of us here should start up a podcast and really get things going eh.
I usually like what Struds has to say, but he really isn't a reporter. This Daniel Bowman seems like he's decent, but I just started following him.

Gregor hasn't been afraid to call the team out lately, which is nice

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
She was great with Struds when they did that golf show.

Is it just me or did she and Gregor seem to have an uneasy tension between them towards the end of her tenure at 1260?

And why did Majeau leave Gregor's show after such a short tenure? Where is he and what's he up to?

CanmoreMike

Feb 27, 2002
#YEG
Is it just me or did she and Gregor seem to have an uneasy tension between them towards the end of her tenure at 1260?

And why did Majeau leave Gregor's show after such a short tenure? Where is he and what's he up to?

Know nothing about Storms but I thought Majeau left to go work investment or something.

Side note - Al Nagy (I think I have the name right) from the 90s play-by-play works for Investors Group now.

Reactions: HK97

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Know nothing about Storms but I thought Majeau left to go work investment or something.

Side note - Al Nagy (I think I have the name right) from the 90s play-by-play works for Investors Group now.

Majeau worked for Edmonton Football Team for a bit but then left

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad