News and Blog Report: Edmonton Sports Radio Thread - Part 6

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
The old thread went well over 1000 posts.

Just wanted to comment on the TSN 1260 post game show.

I have to say that Tom Gazzola and Connor Halley seem like fun guys. They seem to really enjoy doing the show which is fine but there is no edge at all to the show...boring radio IMO. It highlighted by the fact that they rarely present anything thought provoking.
They really need an injection of experience on that show and a little more critical thinking IMO.

Reactions: KYams17

9GWG9

C=NV
Jul 13, 2007
The boys over at TSN1260 won’t even touch this #firejessicaallen happening. Bell must have sent out a box of muzzles.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
I've been hearing the intro to "Struds on..." the past little while but just casually. It was just a couple of days ago that I really listened to the jist of the clips Connor used. Just laughed and shook my head.

flashy

In the name of Kane.
Dec 17, 2009
Edmonton
Dave Lameison is the worst. I have never seen a man that qualifies 80 percent of his statements on the radio.

"well lets take a step back here"
"to be fair"
"as he should"
"from these ______ glasses"
"and I like to ask these kinds of questions"

Also him and Belt Bustin Dustin do the most annoying thing in interviews.
"so yadda yadda this week and thats good and took some effort"
essentially answering his own question while leading the answer for the other person.

Reactions: KYams17 and McRpro

abootzky

Jun 15, 2007
Dave Lameison is the worst. I have never seen a man that qualifies 80 percent of his statements on the radio.

"to be fair"
"as he should"

essentially answering his own question while leading the answer for the other person.
Wow, insulting nicknames for Jamieson & Nielson. Real cutting edge stuff there, flasher... er I mean, flashy.

Reactions: KYams17

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

"to be fair"
"as he should"

Nielson’s slimmed down a good bit and is like 6’5. Could probably use you like a puppet if he felt like it tbh

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
I enjoy listening to Tom Mazolla.

The thing I like about Tom is that he's cholesterol free.

c45e7920-e482-4a71-a2ff-294b4b4378ae_1.c0e030fc4d50109b9cb2c73e0f0bb5f9.jpeg

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
I tried listening to the morning show the other day after a few years. I only listen to podcasts 99.99% of the time now.

I know shows have to pay their bills, but I swear I did not hear anything relevant for over 20 minutes. Just updates, random personal dialogue, those goofy songs, that Connor update, etc. Hated it.

I can listen to 960 or team 1040 more live. It just sounds more professional. No cheesy crap.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad