News and Blog Report: Edmonton Sports Radio Thread - Part 6

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Listening to the lowdown without loweitde is horrible iwanyk has a grating annoying voice ugh when it gets high pitched yuck
The Jamieson show was a shit show last week or the week before when he was gone. When the main hosts are gone the radio is just horrible.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
No one wants to pay for newspapers and magazines anymore. Not surprised.

The only one I subscribe too. Some pretty good content and good in depth stories. But the last few months with no sports has obviously taken it's toll.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
The only one I subscribe too. Some pretty good content and good in depth stories. But the last few months with no sports has obviously taken it's toll.
Hey if you can afford to splurge on stuff like that go for it. It is undeniably great content.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
The deal I got was for around $40 for the year, so pretty cheap.
Fair enough that is super cheap. I’m pretty stingy with stuff like that if I’m happy with the content I can get for free I just can’t justify it.

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba
Pretty sure that can’t be right. The American TV deal is up not the Canadian one.
The regional right for the Oilers and Flames are up this year not the national deal. From what I’ve read it looks like Sportsnet will reup with us and drop the Flames

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
The regional right for the Oilers and Flames are up this year not the national deal. From what I’ve read it looks like Sportsnet will reup with us and drop the Flames
I gotcha. That’s interesting but I wouldn’t mind it. No more confusing channels when they overlap.

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba
I gotcha. That’s interesting but I wouldn’t mind it. No more confusing channels when they overlap.
I wouldn’t care either I’d like to see a new pbp guy though, I’ve really got tired of Quinn. I’d love to see Mark Lee do our games again, loved his calls

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad