News and Blog Report: Edmonton Sports Radio Thread - Part 6

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Like usual I only caught bits and pieces, but the pieces I heard on Storytime with Adam Oates were gold.

Oilers10

I hate Dallas Eakins
Dec 4, 2004
Oilers Now with Bob Stauffer | Global News

August 11, part two with Mark Spector @ 10:10

"I look at this Oilers team right now and McDavid and Draisaitl have a chance to be Hall of Famers. That's all I see on this team right now. Maybe with time, Darnell Nurse will progress and because the Oilers win 3-4 times and Nurse continues to grow, maybe we'll be talking about him as a Hall-of-Fame calibre defenseman." - Bob Stauffer

"Probably not" - Mark Spector
I shut the radio off after this. I'm only gonna listen to 1260 and Struds from now on. Bob is so lame. Make self depricating joke about marriage, weight, beer. Over and over and over again.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
That isn't really a full time gig is it? There really is nothing to cover that he couldn't do from home

Pretty sure it's full time. Spits out a story every couple of days. Since he's not going to do from home I'm guessing it isn't feasible.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Ryan Jespersen fired by 630 CHED | Edmonton Journal

Personally, was never a fan.
Another reason I dropped my season tickets was his yammering during breaks & lame contests...hope the oilers say bye as well.
The guy called City Council a bunch of chimps and got into it with Nickel. Nickel the one council member that will vote against everything. Even things that he came up with months before.

We need more people calling our city council chimps

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
The guy called City Council a bunch of chimps and got into it with Nickel. Nickel the one council member that will vote against everything. Even things that he came up with months before.

We need more people calling our city council chimps

Spewing vitriol just validates their actions and deflects attention from their incompetence.

We need competent people to step up as candidates to replace them and Iveson at the next civic elections. They run the city like a fiefdom.

CanmoreMike

Feb 27, 2002
#YEG
30 minute discussion on if anthems should stay in games on Oilersnow.. painful.

Home anthem yes. I don’t have an issue with both but when my STH partner and I go to games together and get there and realize that it’s a one-anthem night we are usually pleased.

I usually sing along to both when played but won’t miss it if the pregame ramble is a little tighter.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Spewing vitriol just validates their actions and deflects attention from their incompetence.

We need competent people to step up as candidates to replace them and Iveson at the next civic elections. They run the city like a fiefdom.
I remember the last election when Iveson was like...the only actual candidate. All the rest were insane people

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
I remember the last election when Iveson was like...the only actual candidate. All the rest were insane people

From what I remember one of the only somewhat legitimate candidates was a guy that wanted to bring back smoking indoors. Riiiiiight :help:

Wasn’t one of the candidates speculated to be not even a real person or something? :laugh:

Hell let’s have HFOil run the city by council

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad