Elks: Edmonton Eskimos 2019

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Interesting that the Eskimos matched the Lions offer and Reilly still said no thanks. Speaks volumes of what he thinks of our shit show. If he really loved Maas the way we were told, no way he leaves for identical money.

WillTheThrill

Mar 2, 2016
Interesting that the Eskimos matched the Lions offer and Reilly still said no thanks. Speaks volumes of what he thinks of our **** show. If he really loved Maas the way we were told, no way he leaves for identical money.
His family is closer to B.C. Can’t blame him.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Interesting that the Eskimos matched the Lions offer and Reilly still said no thanks. Speaks volumes of what he thinks of our **** show. If he really loved Maas the way we were told, no way he leaves for identical money.

Nonsense. This is all about family and location.

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
Really torn on Reilly. I'll miss the person and community figure, that's for sure. But I definitely won't miss the second half-dry spells that we saw in 2017 and 2018.

(Mind you, that might be more Maas... :help: )

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
As much as I regret his leaving, I have some misgivings about giving a 34 year old QB $700K a year. It's a ton of money in such a small cap league.

Reactions: Cloned

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
As much as I regret his leaving, I have some misgivings about giving a 34 year old QB $700K a year. It's a ton of money in such a small cap league.

I generally agree, but there is literally no risk for BC unless the players somehow get guaranteed contracts in the next CBA.

Unless he’s getting 2.5M of it upfront as a signing bonus... then I’m not sure the owner would approve of cutting him even if his performance declines.

dookers9

Mar 30, 2008
Edmonton
Where are they living?
Wife and kids live in Seattle, his off-season home, during the season, apparently. Didn't know that, learned it just recently with all the TSN hoopla going on.

Further, his parents live in Wenatchee, WA, and drove up for every freaking home game. Something like 8 hrs drive there and back 9x per year, for what - 5 seasons?

I'm as inclined to go hard on the Eskimos and Oilers as the next guy (generally because both fully deserve it), but in the end, this has less to do with franchise dysfunction and more to with a guy that wants to be around his family.

dookers9

Mar 30, 2008
Edmonton
And the hits he's taken over the years...dude is tough, no doubt. But does that body hold out given all the running he does?

Don't get me wrong - I'd have preferred he stay here. But there's legit concern for how a 34-38 yr old body will deal with another 4 seasons.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Wife and kids live in Seattle, his off-season home, during the season, apparently. Didn't know that, learned it just recently with all the TSN hoopla going on.

Further, his parents live in Wenatchee, WA, and drove up for every freaking home game. Something like 8 hrs drive there and back 9x per year, for what - 5 seasons?

I'm as inclined to go hard on the Eskimos and Oilers as the next guy (generally because both fully deserve it), but in the end, this has less to do with franchise dysfunction and more to with a guy that wants to be around his family.
Oh that makes sense. Best of luck to him then.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Exactly he’s not like Tom Brady who get sacked like ten times a year. He’s a gritty QB. Could be a massive anchor in the near future..... Or he could win more grey cups.

Oct 15, 2008
We are losing what good we had and are keeping the suck. We lose MR and DW and somehow we are still stuck with Maas? It’s like they don’t want anyone coming to the games. This management is worse than the Oilers. You gotta work pretty hard to be worse than that.

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
We are losing what good we had and are keeping the suck. We lose MR and DW and somehow we are still stuck with Maas? It’s like they don’t want anyone coming to the games. This management is worse than the Oilers. You gotta work pretty hard to be worse than that.
There is literally no reason to follow this team anymore, other than civic pride and they have already cashed that chip years ago.

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
Really torn on Reilly. I'll miss the person and community figure, that's for sure. But I definitely won't miss the second half-dry spells that we saw in 2017 and 2018.

(Mind you, that might be more Maas... :help: )
This. He is on the decline. Couldn't move the ball in the second half the last 2 years. Has never learned to look off a receiver .

His eloquence and charm has masked his deficiency as a QB

Time to move on.

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
Let's see if it was Reilly or Maas

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Looks like the EE machine is firing up and is going on the Reilly sucks now argument to save face.

Some may buy that deceptive crap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad