Elks: Edmonton Eskimos 2019

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
What is with the cancer thing? Did Rhodes say he has it? And if so, why would he wait till now to quit?The optics with Reilly and Walker both being the latest to jump ship, make him look like he's jumping too while the going is good.
He was diagnosed with prostate cancer about two years ago.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
An attendance of 20,000 in a 65,000 seat stadium looks infinitely worse though, than the same crowd in a 25,000 seat stadium.

It all looks the same on the balance sheet though. And based on the limited information we have, it seems uncertain whether or not board members even attend games.

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
Tevaun Smith finally signs with the Green and Gold. Hopefully he was worth the wait!!

Now if only Auston Pasztor would finally sign.
That’s a HUGE signing - he has the potential to be a game breaker, especially considering his passport.

We really need a marquee wide receiver to pair with him, especially if Walker ends up leaving.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
If he was, we can thank the GM of the Lions.

So we shouldn’t be happy about any signing if the player was originally found by the previous GM. Sorry but that’s a lame take.

I’ve been anti-Rhodes/pro-Hervey all along, but that doesn’t mean I can’t be satisfied about signings I like just because Hervey was originally involved in bringing them in.

What’s the statute of limitations before we can just look at a move on it’s own merit without it becoming a Hervey is better conversation. He made mistakes too.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
That's a lot of cash. But, better to overpay for something valuable than get something useless at a bargain price. Hard to say what will happen with the CBA/salary cap though, this could be the new going rate for a high end QB. Seems to me that $500,000 was the benchmark in recent years based on the limited amount of salary info that becomes public.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Here's the free agent QB list:

Brandon Bridge (SSK)
Zach Collaros (SSK)
Cody Fajardo (BC)
Kevin Glenn (EDM)
Trevor Harris (OTT)
Jonathon Jennings (BC)
Travis Lulay (BC)
Bo Levi Mitchell (CGY)
Bryant Moniz (HAM)
Dakota Prukop (TOR)
Ricky Ray (TOR)
Drew Willy (MTL)

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton

Brandon Bridge (SSK)
Zach Collaros (SSK)
Cody Fajardo (BC)
Kevin Glenn (EDM)
Trevor Harris (OTT)
Jonathon Jennings (BC)
Travis Lulay (BC)
Bo Levi Mitchell (CGY)
Bryant Moniz (HAM)
Dakota Prukop (TOR)
Ricky Ray (TOR)
Drew Willy (MTL)
No doubt we end up with one of the BC guys after tomorrow. Meh, saw this coming for awhile. CFL is in trouble, might be a good idea to save a little on the QB.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
I can't help but think they'd be smarter to try and grab a younger QB on a cheaper deal and improve the rest of the roster instead of spending big on Harris.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
BC to win the grey cup is paying 8-1 on most sites. Might be the right time to put some money down as I'm sure those odds will only come down when they officially sign Rielly. Hamilton has similar odds. I could see one of those teams winning it all this year.

Was just thinking the same thing. If Harris leaves Ottawa, Hamilton should be an overwhelming favorite to comes out of the East. I bet BC drops to 6-1 in fairly short order. Surprised how slow the books have been to react.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006

Brandon Bridge (SSK)
Zach Collaros (SSK)
Cody Fajardo (BC)
Kevin Glenn (EDM)
Trevor Harris (OTT)
Jonathon Jennings (BC)
Travis Lulay (BC)
Bo Levi Mitchell (CGY)
Bryant Moniz (HAM)
Dakota Prukop (TOR)
Ricky Ray (TOR)
Drew Willy (MTL)

Harris, who I don't exactly love, would be the only real option. I don't think he would leave the East though. No reason to come to the tougher conference unless the money is too good to turn down. Collaros is one hit away from the nursing home. I'm surprised Ray is considering playing again.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012

This is a bad idea.

I certainly appreciate those people who work with charities. My family and I do this too.

….But the job that he got paid for was running the EE and he wasn't very good at that. The other activities were admirable but had nothing to do with running the team. Its the classic example of not knowing what the mission statement is/was-- just win baby-just win. Winning became of secondary importance to Rhodes and the Board because they saw the charity functions as the main task at hand.

Reactions: guymez

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad