Elks: Edmonton Eskimos 2019

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Nonsense. This is all about family and location.
I really wonder though. His parents would drive up for every game. Now it's going to be 3 or 4 hours more each way for them.

So is it really all about family and location?

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
I really wonder though. His parents would drive up for every game. Now it's going to be 3 or 4 hours more each way for them.

So is it really all about family and location?

I also question this but one thing for sure if you go out and sign 2 big ticket items like Reilly and Walker in a stadium that's drawing 15K fans per game then you are assuming some financial risk. If Reilly does rapidly decline I doubt that Hervey would just cut him- that might say that he made a major mistake.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Len will re-surface with another very well paid executive position within 6 months. Trust me, he will do alright. Once you are in that club you are very rarely kicked out.
Oh for sure. After finding out that Rhodes contract was to expire at the end of 2019, I wonder if the reason this took so long was he was checking out what he can get for new employment.

Would make a little sense to the timing.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I also question this but one thing for sure if you go out and sign 2 big ticket items like Reilly and Walker in a stadium that's drawing 15K fans per game then you are assuming some financial risk. If Reilly does rapidly decline I doubt that Hervey would just cut him- that might say that he made a major mistake.
He'd really have no choice though. Probably sit Mike down and say you can stay, but we are re-negotiating your contract. Or if he's that bad he might just hire Mike to be in management or coaching

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Well, there is speculation that if the Eskimos sign Trevor Harris, Ellingson would come with him. If we can convince Walker to stay here, we'd have 3 amazing receivers in Walker, Ellingson, and Williams. Wouldn't feel too much has changed if we do this. THough I'd be very upset if we lost Grymes. Need to shore up the defense a LOT.

Edit - Forgot Williams is going to the NFL. Well, I hope he will be back.

Last edited:

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Would be hilarious if Bo Levi Mitchell came to Edmonton LOL. Not that I want him or think he will come, but would be a huge kick in the pants for Calgary haha.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Anyone read that article on TSN about how one agency controls the CFL free agency this year?

A decade after finishing law school and opening his own sports agency, Vertlieb’s firm, Core Sports Group, represents all of the CFL’s big-name pending free-agent quarterbacks – including its two biggest prizes in Mike Reilly and Bo Levi Mitchell.

Given that he also represents Travis Lulay and Zach Collaros, and is partners with Paul Brown, the agent for Trevor Harris, Vertlieb’s influence could significantly shift the balance of power in the CFL in 2019.

https://www.tsn.ca/one-agency-controls-the-cfl-s-free-agent-qb-market-1.1255727

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Depends who is tossing him the ball. Exciting though.

To be honest, if we can get Trevor Harris, Ellingson, some huge Defensive help, and maybe a WR or two, we'd be ok. But BC is REALLY pushing to be a powerhouse. Reilly, Walker, Carter, Grymes, Chung, and more coming...Calgary will not be the top dog with that kind of talent *sigh*

Man I HATE we got rid of Hervey. I hate this organization sometimes...

Last edited:

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Sign Harris for 500K, add Ellingson and some defensive help.

Hope Williams comes back.

Sanchez

Jan 18, 2006
Looked on the Redblacks roster on their site and Harris or Ellingson are not there.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Man I think both the Oilers and Eskimos will be some of the worst teams in their league's next year. Brutal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->