Elks: Edmonton Eskimos 2019

Valhallis

Aug 2, 2005
I wish that Larry Dean deal was longer but that's a good signing. I like SirVincent Rogers too on on OL which needs help. I wonder what the contract is.

Need more D and obviously a QB and another receiver (please let us land Harris and Ellingson).

This is actually a pretty exciting day for the CFL. Lots of movement everywhere.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I wish that Larry Dean deal was longer but that's a good signing. I like SirVincent Rogers too on on OL which needs help. I wonder what the contract is.

Need more D and obviously a QB and another receiver (please let us land Harris and Ellingson).

This is actually a pretty exciting day for the CFL. Lots of movement everywhere.
If we don't land a quality QB we are in for a very long painful season.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Interesting that the Eskimos matched the Lions offer and Reilly still said no thanks. Speaks volumes of what he thinks of our **** show. If he really loved Maas the way we were told, no way he leaves for identical money.

Agreed, but its a mistake for Reilly imo.

He leaves a legacy here, and his best days and games and results quite clearly here. Somebody like Tom Wilkinson always understood that and made this his community. Maybe those are different times but Reilly won't find he has much following in BC. He's also a declining star and maybe he thinks he can rise to dominance three and make another legacy but I think Edmonton will always be his shining moment. In life, and this is just philosophical, you shouldn't be in any hurry to leave those, they don't always come around again.

Reactions: The Batman

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
This. He is on the decline. Couldn't move the ball in the second half the last 2 years. Has never learned to look off a receiver .

His eloquence and charm has masked his deficiency as a QB

Time to move on.

As per CFL he isn't deficient. He's the league QB leader almost all the time.

I don't agree either that he never learned to look off a receiver. Often times he was scrambling for life and other than Walker and Zylstra we haven't had solid possession recievers that you could throw too reliably under heat.

That Reilly did as well as he did last season after losing Zylstra, and Walker due to injury is testimony to him overcoming obstacles.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
It's simply hilarious that Maas outlasted Reilly. At least they can compete with the Oilers for most snickers upon being mentioned.

Sanchez

Jan 18, 2006

WTF is Ottawa doing? Also read that they didn't even offer Powell a contract? Probably going to lose Harris and Ellingson next.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Agreed, but its a mistake for Reilly imo.

He leaves a legacy here, and his best days and games and results quite clearly here. Somebody like Tom Wilkinson always understood that and made this his community. Maybe those are different times but Reilly won't find he has much following in BC. He's also a declining star and maybe he thinks he can rise to dominance three and make another legacy but I think Edmonton will always be his shining moment. In life, and this is just philosophical, you shouldn't be in any hurry to leave those, they don't always come around again.
The guy is going back to the guy that gave him his chance to be a star in the league.

You add that and the money and maybe the location, to go with the shit show that is going on here and it's not really even that hard of a decision to make IMO

Valhallis

Aug 2, 2005

WTF is Ottawa doing? Also read that they didn't even offer Powell a contract? Probably going to lose Harris and Ellingson next.

That's weird. He's older but he's still got some game in him. Did Eugene Melnyk secretly take control of the RedBlacks and no one noticed?!

Reactions: Sanchez

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
The guy is going back to the guy that gave him his chance to be a star in the league.

You add that and the money and maybe the location, to go with the **** show that is going on here and it's not really even that hard of a decision to make IMO

Following one guy to another org is not always the best plan either. I like and respect Hervey, I'm sure Reilly does but its a new org and the same one that looked off Reilly and that shafted Lulay. Lets not pretend that the Lions have had a history of being loyal to QB;s Hervey or not, and Jennings is the latest guy they have derailed.

As bad as the Esks org is Reilly is going to miss I think playing in a City where the CFL even matters. He'll go from name and face recognition to being anonymous, to having poorly attended gamees, to an environment where QB's are seen as flavor of the week.

For sure Reilly could have a longer career in Edmonton, with the cred he has built up here, than In Vancouver where I don't put his remaining career past 2 seasons if that.

Oct 15, 2008

You add that and the money and maybe the location, to go with the **** show that is going on here and it's not really even that hard of a decision to make IMO
Maybe the location?

giphy.gif

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Following one guy to another org is not always the best plan either. I like and respect Hervey, I'm sure Reilly does but its a new org and the same one that looked off Reilly and that shafted Lulay. Lets not pretend that the Lions have had a history of being loyal to QB;s Hervey or not, and Jennings is the latest guy they have derailed.

As bad as the Esks org is Reilly is going to miss I think playing in a City where the CFL even matters. He'll go from name and face recognition to being anonymous, to having poorly attended gamees, to an environment where QB's are seen as flavor of the week.

For sure Reilly could have a longer career in Edmonton, with the cred he has built up here, than In Vancouver where I don't put his remaining career past 2 seasons if that.
Wally isn’t there anymore. Hard to judge them on anything that’s happened in the past.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad