Elks: Edmonton Eskimos 2018 v5

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
Christ

Not looking good for the Empire
I hope Bombers play for cup here. Serves every one right except for Mikey.

Yeah15

2nd Tier Fan
Mar 15, 2007
Looks like a touchdown to me, ball pops out after he survives contact with ground and the Bomber pops the ball out.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Al Fatbury and the command centre drive the final nail into our coffin. Brutal calls along the Winnipeg goal line swing 14 points.

Reactions: Yeah15

Yeah15

2nd Tier Fan
Mar 15, 2007
There really can't be anything else to it besides the CFL wanting to send the home town crowd home happy, because there's just no possible way that shouldn't have been overturned after looking at the replay a few more times.

Reactions: RegDunlop

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
There really can't be anything else to it besides the CFL wanting to send the home town crowd home happy, because there's just no possible way that shouldn't have been overturned after looking at the replay a few more times.

CFL has pulled this shit all year. Home team in a must win? They may as well have 13 guys on the field.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Well, that's all she wrote for 2018.

There were those on the thread one year ago who said that if we brought Maas back for another year then the 2018 season would be in jeopardy and now that ugly decision has knocked down the door and kicked us out of the house.

Rhodes (and Sunderland, if he had any power to influence the decision) should hang their heads in shame for not firing this guy after one of the dumbest calls in CFL history. Be darned if he didn't do the same thing 11 months later in an equally critical game. Well, that's been said a lot of times before so it isn't special insight.

Let's give credit where credit is due. O'Shea has done a magnificent job in turning the second half of the season around for the Bombers. Look at that defensive coverage and tenacity on the field tonight. O'Shea football all the way.

And for a guy who was supposedly no good, Nichols puts up almost 400 yards in passing.

The Bombers now have a good chance of getting to the big game the way they are playing.

As for the EE final game, at least start O'Brien to see if we have anything there because if Reilly says he won't stay without Maas returning then I have to think that it might be his final game in Edmonton.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
CFL has pulled this **** all year. Home team in a must win? They may as well have 13 guys on the field.
CFL has been pulling this shit since they started using the technology. I’ve said it a lot and I still think it’s true. They use it as another layer of officiating to help them control outcomes or at the very least for game management. Worst thing that ever happened to sports is video review. The only sport it’s made better is tennis.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
CFL has been pulling this **** since they started using the technology. I’ve said it a lot and I still think it’s true. They use it as another layer of officiating to help them control outcomes or at the very least for game management. Worst thing that ever happened to sports is video review. The only sport it’s made better is tennis.

Have to agree. Been saying for years that the NHL only has replay to better manage games. The CFL followed suit. This year in particular was a complete joke with how badly home teams got favoured.

Hockey Nightmare

Oct 25, 2007
This league is and always shall be Bush League. Let's face it. It's part of the League's charm. I don't even care that much about tonight. I'm not even really that mad, cause hopefully some good can come of this, and it leads to some changes. The utter humiliation should be enough to to do it. One thing I've never really understood is who the hell's in charge of this team ultimately? Some mysterious local shareholders? Time for them to step up.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
There was no way the Stamps were going to win this game. I'm glad anyway. Rhodes and Sunderland suck it. Maas probably fired. About the best we can hope for with this org is change but I doubt that's coming either. I wonder if even 10K people bother going to the last game. If I had free tickets I wouldn't bother.

The only thing I'm sad about is it possibly being Reillys last game as an Eskimo if they even play him. Theres no reason to. Have we seen the end of the Mike Reilly era here?

We're in last place, and as bad as that is news from here only gets worse the present culprits in charge.

Reactions: Kyle McMahon

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Well, that's all she wrote for 2018.

There were those on the thread one year ago who said that if we brought Maas back for another year then the 2018 season would be in jeopardy and now that ugly decision has knocked down the door and kicked us out of the house.

Rhodes (and Sunderland, if he had any power to influence the decision) should hang their heads in shame for not firing this guy after one of the dumbest calls in CFL history. Be darned if he didn't do the same thing 11 months later in an equally critical game. Well, that's been said a lot of times before so it isn't special insight.

Let's give credit where credit is due. O'Shea has done a magnificent job in turning the second half of the season around for the Bombers. Look at that defensive coverage and tenacity on the field tonight. O'Shea football all the way.

And for a guy who was supposedly no good, Nichols puts up almost 400 yards in passing.

The Bombers now have a good chance of getting to the big game the way they are playing.

As for the EE final game, at least start O'Brien to see if we have anything there because if Reilly says he won't stay without Maas returning then I have to think that it might be his final game in Edmonton.
I honestly don’t know why Reilly would think that way. Unless he likes him because he never has to worry about being pulled I don’t get it. We’ve seen several games where Maas has decided to put the game in the hands of his defense instead of in the hands of his MOP quarterback when the outcome was in doubt. I’d think that would be a big issue for Reilly. I’d also think it would be a big issue for him that the offense run under Maas hasn’t been very good. Maybe the team already knows Reilly isn’t coming back and Sunderland’s comments are the start of some kind of damage control.

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
What a shame Edmonton what I shame. I have to admit I couldn't cheer for Calgary. Wanted us in but couldn't do it.

Should be a few more GC tickets available

Reactions: Drivesaitl

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Have to agree. Been saying for years that the NHL only has replay to better manage games. The CFL followed suit. This year in particular was a complete joke with how badly home teams got favoured.

Oh, the refs were brutal tonight but the headshot for the 2018 season was the blowout loss to the Bombers at home a few weeks ago. O'Shea made adjustments and had the team ready to play the Esks. No such luck for Jason and the gang. The Esks looked like they were celebrating the new legislation or something. No fire and no competitiveness. I don't know what they were waiting for. There might be 8-10K in the stands for the wake.

Reactions: Kyle McMahon

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
I honestly don’t know why Reilly would think that way. Unless he likes him because he never has to worry about being pulled I don’t get it. We’ve seen several games where Maas has decided to put the game in the hands of his defense instead of in the hands of his MOP quarterback when the outcome was in doubt. I’d think that would be a big issue for Reilly. I’d also think it would be a big issue for him that the offense run under Maas hasn’t been very good. Maybe the team already knows Reilly isn’t coming back and Sunderland’s comments are the start of some kind of damage control.

Well, maybe Gregor doesn't know what he's talking about, I don't know but if its true then you can't let even your #1 QB decide who the coach is going to be. We just can't bring this HC back for another season. I think I would rather have DM.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
There was no way the Stamps were going to win this game. I'm glad anyway. Rhodes and Sunderland suck it. Maas probably fired. About the best we can hope for with this org is change but I doubt that's coming either. I wonder if even 10K people bother going to the last game. If I had free tickets I wouldn't bother.

The only thing I'm sad about is it possibly being Reillys last game as an Eskimo if they even play him. Theres no reason to. Have we seen the end of the Mike Reilly era here?

We're in last place, and as bad as that is news from here only gets worse the present culprits in charge.
I bet the Bombers tonight but I honestly didn’t think Calgary was going to throw it. I didn’t think they were good enough to win it even if they wanted to. I get the “it’ll be fun to screw over the Eskimos and send them home” angle but I don’t think it played here. A loss tonight and a potential loss next week could mean they go into the playoffs not winning a game in five weeks. I think they wanted this one tonight a lot more than they wanted to screw the Eskimos because they need to right their own ship a lot more.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
I bet the Bombers tonight but I honestly didn’t think Calgary was going to throw it. I didn’t think they were good enough to win it even if they wanted to. I get the “it’ll be fun to screw over the Eskimos and send them home angle” but I don’t think it played here. A loss tonight and a potential loss next week could mean they go into the playoffs not winning a game in five weeks. I think they wanted this one tonight a lot more than they wanted to screw the Eskimos because they need to right their own ship a lot more.

The Stamps wanted to win tonight, no question.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad