Elks: Edmonton Eskimos 2018 v5

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Alessia Cara is the Grey Cup halftime performer. I don't know who that is.

It was supposed to be announced during halftime of today's game but Global News leaked it.

Last edited:

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Pretty underwhelming headliner if this is true. And of course somebody with minimal appeal to the demographic of fans who will be in attendance and watching the game on TV.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Pretty underwhelming headliner if this is true. And of course somebody with minimal appeal to the demographic of fans who will be in attendance and watching the game on TV.

CFL appealing to that untapped market of age 10-12 girls that would even listen to the pablum..

Its like they're trolling established CFL fan demographics with this.

or trying to promote more 5 buck beer sales at halftime.

As in lets get something so insipid on stage it will chase people out of their seats.

So far what I'm getting is a prepackaged non controversial Amy Winehouse for kids. That's my musical take..

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Alessia Cara is fine as an artist. But half the people in the stadium will have never even heard of her. The CFL needs to stop pandering to fans they don't have.

That said, if beer at the Grey Cup is $5 all is forgiven!

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
CFL appealing to that untapped market of age 10-12 girls that would even listen to the pablum..

Its like they're trolling established CFL fan demographics with this.

or trying to promote more 5 buck beer sales at halftime.

As in lets get something so insipid on stage it will chase people out of their seats.

So far what I'm getting is a prepackaged non controversial Amy Winehouse for kids. That's my musical take..
She’s a good artist, just the wrong artist for a grey cup half time show

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
BC already getting their balls beat off in Hamilton. Hopefully June Jones doesn't steer this one off a cliff.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Alessia Cara can actually sing, so I don't mind that choice. She's not your typical pop/rap/R&B trash.

Reactions: Ol' Jase

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Alessia Cara can actually sing, so I don't mind that choice. She's not your typical pop/rap/R&B trash.

in fairness, she can sing, and in fairness i'm not surprised you like her, I've seen your GDT's ;)

Screw this September weather. Get your 5 buck ice beer at the stadium..

This is the worst September EVER.

Not sure how this got a weather post but I'm random.

Reactions: RegDunlop

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
in fairness, she can sing, and in fairness i'm not surprised you like her, I've seen your GDT's ;)

Screw this September weather. Get your 5 buck ice beer at the stadium..

This is the worst September EVER.

Not sure how this got a weather post but I'm random.

You shouldn't be surprised I like her because you've also seen my avatars. ;)

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
You shouldn't be surprised I like her because you've also seen my avatars. ;)

my memory is missing today as I have a head cold. I'm trying to remember. It could be that the Blonde German track athlete is distracting my attention.

its like when I used to have Elin Nordegrin people had trouble focusing on my posts.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Another fumble by Williams. Bombers not doing much but up by three and now have great field position. Little things like this that cost this team wins.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Without Reilly we wouldn’t be anywhere near a playoff spot. This team is straight trash and I hope they take a blowtorch to the front office and coaching staff.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Absolutely f***ing insane that Jason Maas and whichever brainless f*** is running the special teams are still employed. Missing the playoffs in a Grey Cup year. This organization has sunk to depths not even thought possible by the most pessimistic of people.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Another fumble by Williams. Bombers not doing much but up by three and now have great field position. Little things like this that cost this team wins.

Williams is just an unreliable player. If this is your offensive weapon its not one you want with games on the line. If it isn't Gable throwing games its Williams.

What a putrid performance all round.

Feel sorry for anybody at the game. This team is hard to watch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->