Waived: [EDM] Neal on Waivers (clears)

Status
Not open for further replies.

coopooter

Sep 28, 2017
Makes sense
We are carrying
Bear Larsson Barrie Bouchard Nurse Jones Kookoo Russell Lagesson for 9 defensemen on the active roster
Mostly a paper transaction but hey if someone feels like picking him up great.
I mean Ennis was on waivers and we still play him
I’m sure when he clears Neal will still be on the roster

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
The Oilers will use him where they can for the year and make a decision on him in the offseason.

My guess is a buyout to free up a few million to spend elsewhere but I’m sure they’ll explore the cost of dealing him with some retention around what a buyout would cost. 2M retention for 2 seasons would be better then 4 years at 1.9M in the case of a buyout.

I doubt there’s much interest around the League and certainly not at his cap hit but say if the Oilers could send an asset and Neal with 2M retained to a team and then that team turns around and retains an additional 50% to bring Neal to about a 1.8 cap hit. In that case maybe there’s a team out there who takes a chance on him knowing that at that cost if it doesn’t work out they could bury him and only have him count against the cap for 7-800K

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
You trust him more than NHL players.

Enjoy the moment. It was a lose lose deal of two grossly overpaid players. Personally though I wouldn't roll out homer media clips to support a position. After all, Calgary is famed for its Blasty tinted glasses media work including a nice team assisted character assassination of Dougie Hamilton on his way out of town. Character wise, it's also an organization and team that thought it okay to jump the cue on Swine Flu vaccinations. Otherwise ... meh ... okay you win the day.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Where are all those Edmonton fans that were bragging about paying Lucic to play for Calgary in exchange for Neal?
It almost seems like you’re saying this thinking that Oiler fans wouldn’t do that trade a million times over again.

I also love the “most likely Lucic goes to Ottawa” part, which seems to completely ignore the definition of “likely”.

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
Neal had more goals last year than Crosby, Gaudreau and Hall
Milan Lucic currently has as many even strength points as Crosby, Bergeron, Aho, and Giroux; he would be 4th out of your forwards in that regard and higher than RNH.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Go ahead... put Lucic on waivers... :popcorn:

... oh wait, you can’t because of his contract. :laugh:

Both franchises would love to off load those contracts... there are no winners in that trade. From time to time, either player will look better than the other.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Not a surprise. Guys washed up.

Another poor trade from Edmonton trying to acquire a project player and failing miserably.

They gave up a 3rd round pick and the more effective player for Neal lol

Trying to figure out who is better between Neal and Lucic is like betting on 2 guys with no legs to win a 3 legged race.

Reactions: Ted Hoffman

Zenos

Oct 4, 2009
Milan Lucic currently has as many even strength points as Crosby, Bergeron, Aho, and Giroux; he would be 4th out of your forwards in that regard and higher than RNH.

Disclaimer: I don't even dislike Lucic, the Flames, nor do I disagree with anything you wrote.

But can we collectively please put an end to this HF-fixation on even strength production?

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Well if Neal's friend Mike Smith says it ain't so... it must be true. Or is your source the Flames locker room janitor?

My source actually works with the team, and higher than the janitor comment you made.

Put it this way: he knows more about inside the locker room than you do. What you’re saying is wrong.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
My source actually works with the team, and higher than the janitor comment you made.

Put it this way: he knows more about inside the locker room than you do. What you’re saying is wrong.
I can only assume you didn't watch the video that @Volica posted or you did and you trust your secret team insider more than Rasmus Andersson. Here's the video, courtesy of Volica, again. Please watch and enlighten yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad