Team Board Mock Draft

Who will the Habs Draft

• Adam Jiricek, D, HC Plzen (Cze)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
it’s interesting I’ve had a couple of people state that Mitch Marner’s game is similar to Demidov. I have never watched Demidov live (I’d welcome anyone who has) and Marner gets a lot of crap for his play recently however he has consistently put above average stats on the board. I’m not a fan of MM but I’d describe him as a creative perimeter player who shy’s away from contact while producing on the pp, pk & even strength. Is Demidov head and shoulders better than MM, I’ve read scouting reports describing Demidov as a perimeter player that’s not physically engaged?
Cheers.
Lmao

Better than Marner? Marner is a consistent 100p superstar. You'd be lucky if your pick turns into a Marner

Leto

Feb 16, 2023
it’s interesting I’ve had a couple of people state that Mitch Marner’s game is similar to Demidov. I have never watched Demidov live (I’d welcome anyone who has) and Marner gets a lot of crap for his play recently however he has consistently put above average stats on the board. I’m not a fan of MM but I’d describe him as a creative perimeter player who shy’s away from contact while producing on the pp, pk & even strength. Is Demidov head and shoulders better than MM, I’ve read scouting reports describing Demidov as a perimeter player that’s not physically engaged?
Cheers.

I am no scout, but I've watched a few matches of his in the MHL and the KHL. Demidov routinely use his lateral mobility + his hands to attack the inside and create space for himself or set up his teammates, even if that results in him taking a hit. I wouldn't describe as a perimeter player. He definitely needs to bulk-up and add lower body strength. Will all of his tip and tricks work at the next level? Probably not, but he has shown he can process the game at a high level and use it to his advantages.

I would recommend you take a look at one of @montreal 's videos of Demidov's shifts.​

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
If Demidov, Lindstrom are gone, I’m taking Iginla or Buium.

I think Iginla is going to be the heart of the team. Gallagher/Marchaud type but bigger. Maybe similar numbers to Brady Tkachuk but smaller. Hockey player for sure.

Buium i think with his skating and hockey sense, could be a top pairing defenseman. He’s like a LD version of Brock Faber.

Ideally the need Demidov or Lindstrom. I like Suzuki/Dach/Lindstrom/Beck down the middle. But most likely we will end up with Tij Iginla.

Slafkovsky-Suzuki-Caufield
Iginla-Dach-(WPG draft trade)
Roy-Newhook-Mesar
Tuch-Beck-Xhekaj

That’s solid lineup.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
It's only a wasted year because they big brained out of Michkov and Benson last year.

Michkov/Benson and Levshunov/Dickinson and we're built forever.
No they picked who they considered BPA. There was NO way (other than Celebrini) to know what players would end up at the top of this draft and where they would pick.

NicRattlehead

Mar 5, 2021
Houston, TX
Iginla.

Definitely hoping for one of Demidov or Lindstrom to drop to us.
I think I like Iginla better than Lindstrom. I mean I wouldn’t hate it if we drafted Lindstrom but I personally like Iginla better.

I like Demidov better than both though.

Lmao

Better than Marner? Marner is a consistent 100p superstar. You'd be lucky if your pick turns into a Marner
Mitch Marner is fantastic. I agree. I would love to have a Mitch Marner clone.

Just because a guy plays on a rival doesn’t mean you can’t admit he’s a good player.

Reactions: Benstheman

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
They big brained. I don't care who they thought was the best player. It was factually Michkov and it is still Michkov.
He may turn out to be the most talented player but he may not have the character to be a winner. Reinbacher may be the most valuable layoff perfomer For example Dubois may have been the most talented player where he was picked but he is a loser.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
He may turn out to be the most talented player but he may not have the character to be a winner. Reinbacher may be the most valuable layoff perfomer For example Dubois may have been the most talented player where he was picked but he is a loser.
Absolutely nothing indicates that he doesn't have the character to be a winner. He's one of the fiercest competitor and clearly hates to lose. They considered Will Smith so that's not even close to be an excuse.

Shutdown

Sep 7, 2009
Montreal
i put Sennecke. people talk about how Catton attacks the middle of the ice with skill, putting the puck in skates in order to beat defenders and get to dangerous areas. Sennecke does that as well, all while going from Catton's size to 6'3 in a short period of time.
i like Iginla and i think he's skilled and good at engaging physically but i think Sennecke is just scratching the surface and has a very interesting toolkit.

i've written this before but i would like to move slightly back for Sennecke and use the asset we get from moving back, along with the Winnipeg pick and whatever else, to get another top 15 pick and really shore up our forward prospects.

Reactions: Benstheman

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Absolutely nothing indicates that he doesn't have the character to be a winner. He's one of the fiercest competitor and clearly hates to lose. They considered Will Smith so that's not even close to be an excuse.
Doesn't mean he plays a complete game or if he will listen to the coach. HuGo drafted other Russians so it wasn't a lack of viewing or passing on Russians. There must be something they didn't like. Being interested n playing for a loser organization like Philadelphia is one red flag.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
When I read Team Board Mock Draft I was hoping to be the first mod drafted. I see now that I misunderstood the topic.

• Haha
Reactions: Legend123

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
It's not a worst case if Iggy = Lindstrom

Personally, I think Iginla > Lindstrom

And not because of injuries. I really think we are comparing two levels of physical maturity, and I think Iginla's game will only grow faster than Lindstrom's going forward.

I'd be happy with Lindstrom, bigger body. But when they will both be 25, not sure I'll be super happy.

Reactions: Mrb1p and Naslund

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad