Waived: [EDM] Neal on Waivers (clears)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkwinter

Apr 4, 2010
So let's say he ups and retire in a week . Would that open up cap space this season or would it have to wait till next season?

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Bear must be close to being healthy. Paper transaction for cap and roster spot.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
This is a paper transaction. I don't remember the specifics but waiving players during breaks has been discussed as a method to save money. This isn't done because he won't be playing he'll be back on the roster by the next game.
He clears and he can also be moved back and forth from the taxi squad for a month I believe. Same thing Toronto did when they waived Spezza.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
This is a paper transaction. I don't remember the specifics but waiving players during breaks has been discussed as a method to save money. This isn't done because he won't be playing he'll be back on the roster by the next game.

This is what I think will happen aswell. A bit of head scratcher otherwise.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
It should be because they are likely sending him to the taxi squad. Same with Eriksson for Vancouver a couple of days ago.

No need for anti Neal people to get excited. Just a paper transaction.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Not a surprise. Guys washed up.

Another poor trade from Edmonton trying to acquire a project player and failing miserably.

They gave up a 3rd round pick and the more effective player for Neal lol

Neal paced 20 goals last year and was a valuable net front scorer on the best PP. he’s overpaid and nearing the end but let’s not pretend Lucic is any better

Darkwinter

Apr 4, 2010
Not a surprise. Guys washed up.

Another poor trade from Edmonton trying to acquire a project player and failing miserably.

They gave up a 3rd round pick and the more effective player for Neal lol
If you are going to troll post do better than that. Another fan trying to sound like a GM...F!@#$% genius I tell you, what would the hf Gm board do without your keen eye for trades and if I were you I would be calling Vancouver and send them your hf resume I am sure you will be hired right on the spot

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Getting close to the end of the line for James Neal if he can't make it work as a wing option for McDavid or Draisaitl.

He's actually better in the bottom 6, he was fine on the Neal-Turris-Kassian line and the Neal-Khaira-Chiasson line in the play ins. He has a role in this league still, he's just not a top 6 player anymore.

Him being waived is just a paper transaction so they can add somebody from off of IR (Bear or Haas) but that won't prevent the overreaction posts like LOL Oilerzzz made stupid trade etc. from happening.

Reactions: Darkwinter
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->