Series Talk: ECSF-Florida Panthers vs Boston Bruins (FLA leads 3-2)

Who wins and in how many games

• Cats in 4

Votes: 28 4.6%
  • Cats in 5

Votes: 180 29.9%
  • Cats in 6

Votes: 221 36.7%
  • Cats in 7

Votes: 46 7.6%
  • Bruins in 4

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Bruins in 5

Votes: 11 1.8%
  • Bruins in 6

Votes: 59 9.8%
  • Bruins in 7

Votes: 52 8.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mase

Cousins.....kind of a c**t
Aug 6, 2010
Holding the blue
Ok just don’t complain when people call the panthers out for being spot picking rats, that’s all!
Never did, never will, it's what they are and they accept it. You either match them or don't, their
game will not change, it's been the same game for almost 2 years now, they've just gotten
better at it.

Can you imagine if Gudas was still on this team?

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
If The Panthers draw a penalty and score on the resulting PP, then yes, it will be brilliant. I don't know
how "you do whatever it takes" get misunderstood when it comes to something you want so badly
that you'd do anything for.

All teams do this. It's The Cup.
Thanks for illustrating the point.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
There is something kinda therapeutic about missing the playoffs a few years and not getting into these arguments. I am not judging it, I am just as bad as anyone else. But it's kind of nice to sit back and observe it for a while. Or maybe that's just what I tell myself?
No it's not better, be honest, but teams are extra salty that the new kids on the block can succeed too.

Reactions: Vilam and Banjo Cat

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I said this earlier somewhere, but the ‘hit’ is irrelevant at this point, the referees and now the league say it’s nothing, so that’s that. But come on, we all see it, if Marchand did that to Bennett, I’d own it, I’d say yeah he punched him. He extended his right arm into his face, I can see it. Marchand has done plenty of over the line things in his career, see how easy that was for me to say. I don’t understand how people can watch a video of something and then offer an interpretation instead of just saying what they see.

Florida won the game, Florida is probably going to win the series, saying your guy did something cheap doesn’t change that or make you less of a fan. LOL.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Never did, never will, it's what they are and they accept it. You either match them or don't, their
game will not change, it's been the same game for almost 2 years now, they've just gotten
better at it.

Wow. Yea. Forgot they lost him. He was great on that run last season. Jumped outta my chair when he and Cousins teamed up on the play in OT game five ending the leafs season. Sweeeeeeet!!

• Love
Reactions: Vilam and Chaos2k7

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
I said this earlier somewhere, but the ‘hit’ is irrelevant at this point, the referees and now the league say it’s nothing, so that’s that. But come on, we all see it, if Marchand did that to Bennett, I’d own it, I’d say yeah he punched him. He extended his right arm into his face, I can see it. Marchand has done plenty of over the line things in his career, see how easy that was for me to say. I don’t understand how people can watch a video of something and then offer an interpretation instead of just saying what they see.

Florida won the game, Florida is probably going to win the series, saying your guy did something cheap doesn’t change that or make you less of a fan. LOL.
Yup

Reactions: SPV

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Wow. Yea. Forgot they lost him. He was great on that run last season. Jumped outta my chair when he and Cousins teamed up on the play in OT game five ending the leafs season. Sweeeeeeet!!
We also had Nick Cousins on the 2nd line, but he was scratched last night with Bennett back. Lomberg is out too.

This isn't the same team, but, yes a very similar iteration.

Reactions: Vilam

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017

When everyone pointed out that Charlie McAvoy headshot not one but two guys after the whistle in a game earlier this season, and when Charlie McAvoy then got suspended for doing exactly that, Bruins fans were defending him and claiming it was unjust persecution. So, spare me the life of Buddha shit.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas

All is fair in love and war.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
better at it.

I would be living in my worst nightmare if Gudas was still on your team

I’m kinda already there with Montour on the team- every time he touches the puck in the offensive zone I start recoiling. He has traumatized me

• Love
Reactions: Vilam

Banjo Cat

May 31, 2007
We we had 24 of 26 years of vacation before becoming relevant again, no apologies are coming, we as a fanbase deserve this success.

I wouldn't expect any apologies, and yeah I don't want to miss the playoffs forever. I am just not minding the fact that I am not losing my head right now. I have also been wanting us to do a rebuild forever.

I don't dislike the Panthers at all. In fact, I like your team, and I like Tkachuk. I cheered for you guys to do the comeback last year, and then to put out the Leafs. And after you did that, I wanted you to win the Cup.

I just decided shortly before this series started, I wanted to cheer for the Bruins since they were the underdog this time around.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
No it's not better, be honest, but teams are extra salty that the new kids on the block can succeed too.
I'm an older Habs fan who's experienced it all, so for me there's no salt whatsoever in watching other teams battle for the Cup. Sure, I've enjoyed it more when my team was in it, but it's a different kind of fun being able to watch objectively as a pure hockey fan when they're not.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
I would be living in my worst nightmare if Gudas was still on your team
He's another guy who gets alot of hate for past situations when he played in Philly and for TB, he really rounded out his full game and is so much more than just a fighter or goon nowadays.

The Butcher is a beauty, I am sure there are Ducks fans that are loving him now.

Great guy on and off the ice, goes to war for his teammates, every team could use a couple guys like him

Mase

Cousins.....kind of a c**t
Aug 6, 2010
Holding the blue

I don't take exception to anyone saying some of The Panthers players can push the limits of the rules,
and if you'd like to frame that as "cheap shots" then that's cool(not that you need my stupid-a** approval), I just don't see what The Panthers are doing as anything different then any other team before them has done to try and win the ultimate prize. Cousins is a c**t plain and simple and I'm no
fan of his, Bennett can be "Playoff Sam" one shift and then commit his "bone-headed" penalty of the
game the next, Tkachuk has ALWAYS played with an edge, so does his brother, so did his father.

I'm not sure if all this purely stems from the way they play, which has been relatively the same for
almost 2 years now, or the fact that it's resulting in wins.

Can they take some cheap-shots, yes, is that solely what they are, no.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
I'm an older Habs fan who's experienced it all, so for me there's no salt whatsoever in watching other teams battle for the Cup. Sure, I've enjoyed it more when my team was in it, but it's a different kind of fun being able to watch objectively as a pure hockey fan when they're not.
I think alot of fans lucky enough to be able to remember a time when their team was at the pinnacle, can sometimes take for granted how much has to go right, and how much can go wrong while trying to climb that mountain, we Panthers fans have to be some of the most dedicated and deserving fans out there.

Does that cloud our opinions sometimes, probably, but it also makes us fiercely dedicated to our team.

Little brother has grown up, and we have our sights on what was once thought to be impossible for our franchise.

It gets trying putting up with the supposed purists that think somehow Miami is backwoods Mississippi, where we only concern ourselves with playing banjos and pretty mouths.

Most Panthers fans are long time, knowledgable fans that supported O6 and Canadian/American franchises before we came into the league, the disrespect is baffling.

Last edited:

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Too on the nose that Bennett and Tkachuk's fights against the bruins have been against guys who've never fought before.

He'll get challenged by Frederic early, try to draw a call, skate away, bump Swayman and try to draw another. FLA fans will think it's brilliant.
A. It is brilliant.

B. Have you seen Bennett fight before??

C. I keep seeing this “fake tough” comments, but the team has Bennett, Gadjovich and Lomberg. Who can ALL fight! Two aren’t dressed because they were injured and the others are playing well, but they can easily a slot in and handle business.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
He's another guy who gets alot of hate for past situations when he played in Philly and for TB, he really rounded out his full game and is so much more than just a fighter or goon nowadays.

The Butcher is a beauty, I am sure there are Ducks fans that are loving him now.

Great guy on and off the ice, goes to war for his teammates, every team could use a couple guys like him
I was hoping the Bruins would sign him, now they’d have to pay more to get the guy I want this offseason (Zaddy the Baddy)

Reactions: Chaos2k7
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad