Pre-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 5 - BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruins4Life136

Apr 30, 2019
I'm sorry, but this is complete bullshit.

To say that this team has quit is not only wrong, but its insulting. Yes, they pulled Halak and packed it in midway between the 2nd period in Game 3 after going down 4-1, but that game was over and they had another one in less than 24hrs. I'll give them a pass on that.

The Game 4 loss wasn't because of lack of effort. A soft goal, a fluke deflection and a handful of really stupid penalties are what got us. We came out buzzing in the 2nd period until Cliffy took that stupid and unnecessary cross check penalty.

If you wanna argue that this roster isn't as good as Tampa, I'll listen. If you wanna argue that we're missing our #1 goalie, I'll listen, but don't tell me that this team has quit, because it hasn't.

We knew this was going to be a tough series and we got what we expected.

It was gonna be a tough series but this offense has been abysmal for the most part.

PatriceBergeron

Apr 7, 2014
MA
Posted this on Twitter too, but.....

w/ Studnicka = 3-0
w/o Studnicka = 2-3

giphy.gif

W/ Nick Ritchie: 2-6
W/O Nick Ritchie: 3-1

Reactions: Estlin

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
partly why I don't like Cassidy, these type of decisions remind me of Claude. I hope they hire someone else in the off season, we have a good team, but he is not the right one to coach it.

...and virtually every other NHL coach. In the playoffs not many coaches go with inexperienced prospects over guys with NHL games and playoff experience - unless they're dynamite, blue-chip prospects whose talent is so obvious that it's worth the gamble.

The Laukomotive

Nov 26, 2017
I think all 3 are gone, Z retires, Krug signs elsewhere and Rask is traded.

Not sure about Rask. But whenever this season ends (be it today, be it winning the cup), contemplating one more year of competing with the core or going for another rebuild on the fly trading Rask and Krejci may be a necessary discussion.

Reactions: bbfan419

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I accepted that Krug and Rask are likely gone.

I am not ready to say goodbye to Chara so I will be an absolute basket case if he decides to hang them up.

I can't think of anyone else outside of Bergeron who has done more for the franchise and embodies what it truly means to be a Boston Bruin.

It was a wild ride and regardless of the outcome, I'm proud of this team. What they did in the regular season shouldn't be forgotten.

I won't be shocked if Bruce is fired and honestly, I wouldn't be shocked if they gave Sweeney the boot.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019

I am not ready to say goodbye to Chara so I will be an absolute basket case if he decides to hang them up.

I can't think of anyone else outside of Bergeron who has done more for the franchise and embodies what it truly means to be a Boston Bruin.

It was a wild ride and regardless of the outcome, I'm proud of this team. What they did in the regular season shouldn't be forgotten.

I won't be shocked if Bruce is fired and honestly, I wouldn't be shocked if they gave Sweeney the boot.

If Sweeney fires Cassidy he should be canned immediately.

No shame losing to TB.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

I don't think Rask is gone. I think he comes back next season (unless they still have to play in the bubble like format). I'd be sad to see Chara call it a career, but for me the only guy currently that I'll be a basket case for is Bergy, but I could see why some would feel that way for Chara too.

Reactions: Alicat

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

Everything has to end, and he has milked out his career a lot longer than almost anyone else. It's been amazing to me that he managed to stay relevant for as long as he has. But surely you must see that the end is here. The team can't go forward with him and his game reduced to the level we have seen it reduced to. It is almost embarrassing and he deserves better. No one needs to witness the hockey version of Muhammad Ali vs. Larry Holmes.

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah
Personally I’m hoping to see the Bruins with their best effort tonight(knowing this still may not be enough)unlike others here who say they are not interested or not willing to watch, I feel they need fan support win or lose, and that is the nature of sports and being a true fan(one can deduce I grew up a Sox fan;)).
Not ready for postmortems about who is retiring or getting signed elsewhere, can all wait until after some Captain lifts Lord Stanley.
Here we go:bruins here we go:clap::clap:

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010

Cassidy and Sweeney are safe. I do think that Rask and Krug are gone, who knows about Z, my gut tells me he wants to play another year.

Reactions: trenton1

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Everything has to end, and he has milked out his career a lot longer than almost anyone else. It's been amazing to me that he managed to stay relevant for as long as he has. But surely you must see that the end is here. The team can't go forward with him and his game reduced to the level we have seen it reduced to. It is almost embarrassing and he deserves better. No one needs to witness the hockey version of Muhammad Ali vs. Larry Holmes.
Oh I understand everything must end and I'm ok with it but I am going to need some time to come to grips with Z being gone.

Reactions: BMC and Dr Hook

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Personally I’m hoping to see the Bruins with their best effort tonight(knowing this still may not be enough)unlike others here who say they are not interested or not willing to watch, I feel they need fan support win or lose, and that is the nature of sports and being a true fan(one can deduce I grew up a Sox fan;)).
Not ready for postmortems about who is retiring or getting signed elsewhere, can all wait until after some Captain lifts Lord Stanley.
Here we go:bruins here we go:clap::clap:
I'm not feeling it but I'll be watching

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

He just signed a multi-year extension, rumored to be 3 million per season, last September. I can't see them giving him the boot even if the Bruin lay an absolute egg and get shellacked by Tampa tonight.

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
Except for the last period of game 3, despite all the negativity going around, I thought the Bruins compete level has been quite good.

Tampa is the more talented team and has so far been getting the fortunate deflection and official interference goals.

A couple of breaks, like a deflection or a greasy goal like Ritchie’s game one, could get the Bruins a win tonight.

Time for the bounces to go the Bruins way.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
He just signed a multi-year extension, rumored to be 3 million per season, last September. I can't see them giving him the boot even if the Bruin lay an absolute egg and get shellacked by Tampa tonight.
I want him to stay but I just wouldn't be shocked if the fire him.

Reactions: BruinDust

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008
Having Halak in the net means an obligatory softie for Tampa.
Having Ritchie in the line-up means a scored goal on PK for Tampa.
To win this game they will need to score at least 3 goals.
Can they do it?

PatriceBergeron

Apr 7, 2014
MA
We all can see that Chara probably should based on his level of play, but it wouldn’t shock me if this isn’t the way he wants to go out.

If the Bruins would take him back, my guess is he would want his last season/final games to be in front of a crowd, not in an empty bubble

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Gotta love an underdog not feeling great, but greatly looking forward to the game. If we can pull this one off, then we will see what happens. No expectations just a bit of hope. This is why we love sports, because what if?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad