Pre-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 5 - BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
This feels like the biggest game of Bjork's life.

If he doesn't prove something here and the season is on hold for awhile I believe a lot of prospects will be fighting for his 3rd line spot when the Bruins finally do hold a training camp. If all he has to show for it is these playoffs then tonight goes a long way in showing he can play in the NHL playoffs.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
l0MYNIo5TS9i7yhCE.gif

Midship

Jan 7, 2016
the refs (NHL) had a huge hand in the outcomes of the last two games and the Bruins collapsed mentally as a result. This series is over.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
...and virtually every other NHL coach. In the playoffs not many coaches go with inexperienced prospects over guys with NHL games and playoff experience - unless they're dynamite, blue-chip prospects whose talent is so obvious that it's worth the gamble.
Well sometimes you have to try it, expecting a lineup with 7 d and only 11 forwards with guys like Wagner, Nordstrom, Lindholm and Ritchie to produce much offence is just asinine.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Not sure about Rask. But whenever this season ends (be it today, be it winning the cup), contemplating one more year of competing with the core or going for another rebuild on the fly trading Rask and Krejci may be a necessary discussion.
Agree, I do really think they need to start as soon as next year just trading vets and start the rebuild or maybe retool is a better word.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Chara has a very real chance of retiring as he is the 8th oldest position player ever to play the game.

List of oldest National Hockey League players - Wikipedia

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Chara has a very real chance of retiring as he is the 8th oldest position player ever to play the game.

I had no idea Claude Lepuke played until that age :eek:

Reactions: BMC

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario

I look at this and think the opposite is true - I think Chara will keep playing - maybe not until 48 or 52 though....

Reactions: Boston Bandit

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
This feels like the biggest game of Bjork's life.

If he doesn't prove something here and the season is on hold for awhile I believe a lot of prospects will be fighting for his 3rd line spot when the Bruins finally do hold a training camp. If all he has to show for it is these playoffs then tonight goes a long way in showing he can play in the NHL playoffs.

He has the new 3 year deal, so he's fine.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Wait so his decisions are Bjork, Studnicka, or Kuraly, Ritchie and Kuhlman for Wagner? Come on, this is such a wimp Claude move. He is more worried about preventing goals than scoring them.

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
Z is not done. His heart and pride are too big to call it quits now. Can't go out like this. I 100% expect to see him back next season.

Tom Brady and Zdeno Chara are of the same mold, just different sports.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
That’s the kind of sentimentality that keeps the Bruins down.
When should we let him go? When he qualifies for social security?
Hopefully, he’ll hang em up. He’s very old for a hockey player and he looks cooked out there.

He is still better than McQuaid, Ward, Hnidy, Stuart, Gill, and a number of our defense-only defensemen ever were over the last decade. There is a place for him, if they keep him in the proper role.

Tough
Leader
Defense
Size
Experience

All assets for the role he should have, which is a 15 minute per game defense-only role. Outside of McAvoy no one on the current defense can provide what he can defensively either. Carlo has been a disaster. Who will kill penalties? Moore?

If Krug goes it isn't as though the Bruins can go the Toronto path of offense-only.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
He is still better than McQuaid, Ward, Hnidy, Stuart, Gill, and a number of our defense-only defensemen ever were over the last decade. There is a place for him, if they keep him in the proper role.

Tough
Leader
Defense
Size
Experience

All assets for the role he should have, which is a 15 minute per game defense-only role. Outside of McAvoy no one on the current defense can provide what he can defensively either. Carlo has been a disaster. Who will kill penalties? Moore?

If Krug goes it isn't as though the Bruins can go the Toronto path of offense-only.
The difference though is those players all played when the game was a little bit slower and more physical....the speed has increased and Chara's speed subsequently has decreased. He can't process the game quick enough with the puck which is becoming a real big issue IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad