Pre-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 5 - BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
The Bruins need to take this one game at a time, one period at a time and one shift at a time and they can come all the way back and win this thing. It's time for the Bruins to come back and win a series after being down 3-1.

Reactions: BAD BOY and Gordoff

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Posted this on Twitter too, but.....

w/ Studnicka = 3-0
w/o Studnicka = 2-3

giphy.gif

Last edited:

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Funny enough, I see our losses as our mistakes and nothing special from Tampa. Truly. If the Bruins play the way we know and have seen them play, they can win this. They havent played good. Its one thing if we were playing our best but Tampa overpowered us, I dont see that. I see OUR mistakes and them taking advantage.

This years TB team is deeper than last years and that
team had a juggernaut which set NHL records for wins since the cap era. They essentially lost Hedman and Strawlman against CLB last year. It killed them
and they are on a mission right now.

They have outscored Boston 14-5 last three games
and 16-8 in the series. They are winning the races
to the puck constantly and winning most of the battles
in Bostons's end and 75% of them in their own end.
With an elite goalie in TB net and a back up in Boston's net and Boston's strucural issues on LD, thats a great recipe for TB being up 3-1 and clearly moving on.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
The Bruins won 4 straight earlier this postseason....tough task against Vasy and the Bolts, but this team is capable. Time for the leaders to lead and Halak to bounce back with a big game.

Reactions: bbfan419

aguineapig

There's no denying Tampa has had the better of the play for more extended periods of time. But as Fenway stated, we were one shot away from a 2-0 lead. And it's not as if Tampa hasn't had the grin of the Hockey Gods upon them. The 0-15 powerplay gets a shot deflected by Z top shelf to break their skid. Fiftees seconds Lauzon gets muscled off the puck by the Linesman, and Gourde scores on the breakaway, 2-0 and the levee gave way. Hell Hedman has three goals so far on two pinball wizards and an alley oop.
We need to get the first goal, maybe the second as well to put that seed of doubt in their mind. Columbus did it last year, maybe Cooper can remind them of that and they will carry on. But it's all we can hope for at this point.

Reactions: Gordoff

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Hard to get excited, hopefully the boys in the room aren't ready to go home

This has been such a strange year- I have loved having the playoffs as a distraction while at the same time it's been odd watching hockey in August. Once the Bs season ends ( hopefully not for a while) there will be some major decisions looming - starting with Krug, Z and Tuukka

FluffyMcAvoy

Oct 11, 2017
Boston, MA
Everyone is hating on Ritchie. I'm not gonna defend him, but did you see the first goal last game? Point dangles the puck pretty much in our crease with 3 Bruins literally just watching him, McAvoy chilling behind the net, and Krug trying to poke check.

That reminded me on when Putin plays hockey and other players kind of glide around him letting him score.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I think Sweeney is safe but I am not sure Bruce is

Lurking in the background is someone who SHOULD have been Bruins coach 20 years ago

peter-laviolette-coach.jpg
While I would love to have Lavvy back I think that the problem emanates from the office of one Donald Sweeney. He's now had several years to deal with the issues i.e. the second line right wing gap, or hole or place setter for Krejci's sidecar.

Reactions: bbfan419 and BMC

Bruins4Life136

Apr 30, 2019
All these teams in the playoffs scoring and this team can’t score. Hoping for the best but know the outcome already.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
THIS ^^^^^^^^^^QUOTED^^^^^^FOR ^^^^^^^^^^^^^REALITY!!

The Bruins have a LOT to prove to themselves and to their followers...
So far they've proven nothing except that they wanted to follow Tuukka out that door.
When the going got tough, they packed their jammies and are ready to go home.
If they truly wanted to win, the last game would've been the time.
The hole is deep and they showed no heart, no soul, no initiative across the board.
Tomorrow will be a mercy kill.

You really think all they have to do to win is want to win?

It doesn't work that way. There is another team out there that also wants to win. They have the momentum. They have the top shelf goaltender. They have more talent.

Victory for the B's would have to be a Godsend.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Well if they could hit the net once in a while, and if Pasta could pick a corner (he scores on that 2 on 1 in game 2 we're up 2-0 in the game and maybe the series), we might have a shot. It'd be a start at least.

Anyway, I'm not giving up until I absolutely have to (and maybe not even then either!)

Go Bruins !!!!

Is that you, Mr. President?

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
You need to have more than just a few of guys with the attitude and determination to win. Line one, Cliffy, McAvoy and a few others want to win but the rest are ready to go home and put their feet up. It would take a huge change and a few more very angry mean men to give this group the stones to win. Not this year.
When they get eliminated I'll be thinking some very nasty thoughts of Donald Sweeney.
I'm sorry, but this is complete bullshit.

To say that this team has quit is not only wrong, but its insulting. Yes, they pulled Halak and packed it in midway between the 2nd period in Game 3 after going down 4-1, but that game was over and they had another one in less than 24hrs. I'll give them a pass on that.

The Game 4 loss wasn't because of lack of effort. A soft goal, a fluke deflection and a handful of really stupid penalties are what got us. We came out buzzing in the 2nd period until Cliffy took that stupid and unnecessary cross check penalty.

If you wanna argue that this roster isn't as good as Tampa, I'll listen. If you wanna argue that we're missing our #1 goalie, I'll listen, but don't tell me that this team has quit, because it hasn't.

We knew this was going to be a tough series and we got what we expected.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad