Pre-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 5 - BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
I think Sweeney is safe but I am not sure Bruce is

Lurking in the background is someone who SHOULD have been Bruins coach 20 years ago

peter-laviolette-coach.jpg

A coach with emotion!

Sign us up. Bruce is a very good coach but perhaps a better assistant.

Reactions: bbfan419 and BMC

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
I thought the line-up looked pretty good coming out of the Carolina series. But we had to get Ritchie in there for "heaviness".

Kuraly not on the 4th line was a recipe for disaster against Tampa anyways.

Playing 4+ fourth liners against Tampa yet not being able to even use the 4th line as a shutdown line (with Kuraly) was also a recipe for disaster.

It only worked against Carolina because Carolina truly is an average team overall.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Posted this on Twitter too, but.....

w/ Studnicka = 3-0
w/o Studnicka = 2-3

giphy.gif
partly why I don't like Cassidy, these type of decisions remind me of Claude. I hope they hire someone else in the off season, we have a good team, but he is not the right one to coach it.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Hard to get excited, hopefully the boys in the room aren't ready to go home

This has been such a strange year- I have loved having the playoffs as a distraction while at the same time it's been odd watching hockey in August. Once the Bs season ends ( hopefully not for a while) there will be some major decisions looming - starting with Krug, Z and Tuukka
I think all 3 are gone, Z retires, Krug signs elsewhere and Rask is traded.

Reactions: Estlin

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
partly why I don't like Cassidy, these type of decisions remind me of Claude. I hope they hire someone else in the off season, we have a good team, but he is not the right one to coach it.

I think Cassidy is a very good coach, but I remember when he first came in he was all about the best guys will play....not sure what happened, but he's seemed to go away from that and like most coaches sticks to guy he feels are safer options.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I think Cassidy is a very good coach, but I remember when he first came in he was all about the best guys will play....not sure what happened, but he's seemed to go away from that and like most coaches sticks to guy he feels are safer options.
I feel that way too, he was good at first, then slipped into his comfort zone, but like one poster said 3-0 with Studnicka in the lineup, he at least creates chances and has the ability to score, yet Bruce wants as many 4th liners with little scoring in the lineup as possible. I really want to see Gallant here, he is the type of guy we need, he wants to play a fast pace game and attack. The other thing DS to me is a good assistant GM and good at signing NCAA free agents, put him in chrage of that and hire a GM that can get things done, none of this signing these old slow guys like Backes etc. get some good young players with skills, speed and truculence. Vegas has it IMO.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
You really think all they have to do to win is want to win?

It doesn't work that way. There is another team out there that also wants to win. They have the momentum. They have the top shelf goaltender. They have more talent.

Victory for the B's would have to be a Godsend.

People in denial how strong TB is. All I hear is
shots about Bogosian, Schenn and Coburn.
Coburn is a lot more effective in his role
than Clifton and Chara are. Chara can literally
not make a semi difficult play with the puck on his stick.
He isn't top 4 D on TB with McDonagh out.

Reactions: lopey

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
It was a fun run with this core. Didn’t expect to get another crack at the cup so soon when we were sitting here in 2015.

Thank you Chara, thank you Torey.

Hope the B’s can put together another window soon.

As another poster said this team has needed
elite tending to advance more than one round.
That means the team outside of Rask isn't
as good as people think. A couple of enormous
holes in this team that are beyond obvious.

First is a 2W Coyle type with a better scoring touch.

The next is a at best mediocre LD core. Only
way Chara s/b back is at league minimum and
Boston dresses 7D. He can't make plays with the
puck at an NHL level with any consistency. Thats
not an NHL player. Then they need to move past Krug.
Can't win a Cup with him and Gryz as regulars and
Chara as a 6 man unit. It's not going to happen, like ever.

Reactions: trenton1

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
I know gloomer here, hope I am wrong, but I havent seen Tampa revv it up to 3rd gear and they are still handling the Bruins pretty easily. Halak fills me with no confidence when the pressure is on. I think its going to be another blow out game. Hope I am completely wrong

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
A coach with emotion!

Sign us up. Bruce is a very good coach but perhaps a better assistant.

I like Cassidy a lot but my biggest concern with him is that when things dont go well, he has a really hard time adjusting. When the bruins look good, they look great, and all is right in the world. but when they struggle, bruce tends to have no answers

i also, much like with claude, disagree strongly with his line up choices a lot of the time. Too much conventional wisdom and not enough of a feel on the pulse of which guys will give it their all and which wont

last year, to this day, i think game 7 would have gone differently if backes was in the line up

i recognize he was slow, washed up, whatever. but there is no way in hell that man would not have given it everything he has, on and off the ice had he been in the line up. After all, he was still an nhl player for many years. He might have given us a big goal, a big speech, or a stretch of take it straight to the net play that could have changed that game

with tampa, i don't like that he changed the line up from the line up that beat the canes in 5. I recognize the bolts are a better team than carolina, but its about setting the tone and playing your game, not over thinking it and trying to match the other team

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I still surprised a "Wolf in Sheep's Clothing" thread hasn't been started yet after the loss in Game 4.

Reactions: Estlin

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
I think the Bruins are going to win tonight, but they might lose game 6

time will tell, but I truly believe they won't go down tonight. Tampa is very good but theyre also the same team that lost to the Jackets in 4. Get some goals in and they may get rattled. Win this game and itll really put them to the test in game 6. If the bruins can effectively do that, game 7 then becomes a possibility

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
I don't really know what to think.

I think there are injuries we aren't aware of.

I think Rask leaving really hurt the MOJO of this team.

I think losing in OT in game 2 was a back breaker. Win and it could be 3-1 bruins.

I think if the Bruins score first there could be some life left, if Tampa gets on the board early, again, I'm not sure this team has the moxy to fight back.

All that said, Go Bruins.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
So strange to see some suggest we replace our Jack Adams nominee coach who brought the team to game 7 of the finals last year....because we are down in a series where we are playing our backup goalie.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I don't really know what to think.

I think there are injuries we aren't aware of.

I think Rask leaving really hurt the MOJO of this team.

I think losing in OT in game 2 was a back breaker. Win and it could be 3-1 bruins.

I think if the Bruins score first there could be some life left, if Tampa gets on the board early, again, I'm not sure this team has the moxy to fight back.

All that said, Go Bruins.

I think Tampa is simply the better team at this stage. Had this been a “normal” season, I may have felt differently.

didn’t the bruins win 4 straight after rask left? I don’t agree that him leaving affected their mojo, but Halak isn’t strong enough to cover for mistakes in front of him while playing 100% of the minutes.

weird all around.

Reactions: Oates2Neely
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA