Eastside Hockey Manager - Part X Patch 1.5 Edition! (April 22nd Open Beta)

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
@xECK29x another question, this one more based on maybe game limitations? I don't think I've ever seen it spoken about.

is there a way to send NHL players to junior teams? I don't see a reason why for instance a 31st place Seattle would miss 18 year old Shane Wright for 2 weeks in December/January for the world juniors. Unless as mentioned this is a game limitation.

As long as the player has CHL rights they can be sent back after training camp starts

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
It's still early but it really seems like the 1.5 changes really fixed the concern I had with my depth centers getting horrible ratings and production. I'm playing a game with Seattle right now and my centers were Hischier, Cirelli, Backlund and Patrick. Here's what their stat lines looked like:

Hischier: 64 points in 82 games, 7.20 rating
Cirelli: 47 points in 82 games, 6.71 rating
Backlund: 36 points in 78 games, 6.81 rating
Patrick: 28 points in 72 games, 6.85 rating

That is substantially better than what I had in 1.4.1 versions of the games. Depth players actually produce now and can put up a reasonable amount of points. What past games usually had for me was horrible 2C production unless you had someone like Malkin as your 2C, and he'd still only be at about 60 points with a 6.7 rating. My 3C would always have maybe 25-30 points with a 6.5 or worse rating, and my 4th line center would have 15 points with a 6.25 or worse rating.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
It's still early but it really seems like the 1.5 changes really fixed the concern I had with my depth centers getting horrible ratings and production. I'm playing a game with Seattle right now and my centers were Hischier, Cirelli, Backlund and Patrick. Here's what their stat lines looked like:

Hischier: 64 points in 82 games, 7.20 rating
Cirelli: 47 points in 82 games, 6.71 rating
Backlund: 36 points in 78 games, 6.81 rating
Patrick: 28 points in 72 games, 6.85 rating

That is substantially better than what I had in 1.4.1 versions of the games. Depth players actually produce now and can put up a reasonable amount of points. What past games usually had for me was horrible 2C production unless you had someone like Malkin as your 2C, and he'd still only be at about 60 points with a 6.7 rating. My 3C would always have maybe 25-30 points with a 6.5 or worse rating, and my 4th line center would have 15 points with a 6.25 or worse rating.

Agreed, depth scoring profiles seem considerably improved. Nice work by Riz and the beta testing team, it makes a big difference in the simulation.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Question regarding the editor if any of you know, regarding the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable.. when I try to install the new editor, I get "Another version of this product is already installed ... To configure or remove the existing version of this product, use Add/Remove Programs" etc.

So I go to do that, and I have like 7 different versions of the C++ Redistributable. Will I be messing stuff up on my PC if I remove the others for this one?

I suppose I could just be using the editor incorrectly, however. I can't get any data to load in the editor after loading a save into the editor.

(I feel like a total idiot)

EDIT: Got it figured out. Just needed to change the saves from compressed to not.

Last edited:

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
@xECK29x
Not sure if this is the 1.5 beta or the from your latest DB (just started a game with both), but a couple odd things happened early:
1) Ducks 1st rounder Brayden Tracey was released almost immediately upon starting (I only noticed because his agent offered his services)
2) Agent of Oliver Hall (15 y/o) offered his services (can't even be drafted until 2023)

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I love when EHM makes somewhat sensible blockbuster trades...in a current test sim it is the summer of 2024 off-season and the Oilers just dealt a now 29 year-old Leon Draisatl who has only 1 season left on an $8.5 million deal and then can be an UFA to Minnesota for Kirill Kaprizov who is now 27 and signed on a big deal worth $9.92 million for 5 more seasons.

The Oilers appear to be motivated by Drai's impending free agency and get a superstar winger for McDavid who is signed long-term. But what really made the deal possible is that the Oilers got the #1 overall pick in the 2022 draft (yeah I know...insdert snickers here...) and got Shane Wright so they now have McDavid-Wright at center and could afford to leverage Drai.

Meanwhile in Minnesota, Eriksson Ek continued to develop into a solid #2 center but Marco Rossi, their great hope, has failed to become more than a 40 point guy at this point so Drai fixes their center position once and for all - assuming they can re-sign him which should be interesting to watch!

Very cool deal...

9wGZ5eV.png

2zTGcwd.png

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
1) Ducks 1st rounder Brayden Tracey was released almost immediately upon starting (I only noticed because his agent offered his services)
2) Agent of Oliver Hall (15 y/o) offered his services (can't even be drafted until 2023)

1) Report that here: Eastside Hockey Manager Bugs Forum. Tracey should be a -9 so this is likely the Ducks being too close to the contract limit with LTIR and cutting one of their lowest CA players, which is fine but it should take PA into account. I've seen this happen a few times specifically with Tracy, but if he has a -9 or even -8 his potential should force the AI to consider cutting someone else.
2) Report it as well, not sure what makes these players stand out.

Upload the save to SI using the link provided on the forum and reference the save game file name in your post.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
1.5 so far has been good, I’m running my EHM superstar save through it and the biggest change I’ve noticed is second and third line production is more relative to skill. It’s nice to see elite second line players putting up 60/70 points if they are also on the PP

Reactions: archibalduk

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I love when EHM makes somewhat sensible blockbuster trades...in a current test sim it is the summer of 2024 off-season and the Oilers just dealt a now 29 year-old Leon Draisatl who has only 1 season left on an $8.5 million deal and then can be an UFA to Minnesota for Kirill Kaprizov who is now 27 and signed on a big deal worth $9.92 million for 5 more seasons.

The Oilers appear to be motivated by Drai's impending free agency and get a superstar winger for McDavid who is signed long-term. But what really made the deal possible is that the Oilers got the #1 overall pick in the 2022 draft (yeah I know...insdert snickers here...) and got Shane Wright so they now have McDavid-Wright at center and could afford to leverage Drai.

Meanwhile in Minnesota, Eriksson Ek continued to develop into a solid #2 center but Marco Rossi, their great hope, has failed to become more than a 40 point guy at this point so Drai fixes their center position once and for all - assuming they can re-sign him which should be interesting to watch!

Very cool deal...

9wGZ5eV.png

2zTGcwd.png

Wait, how does your game look like that? I like the UI of your games substantially more than I like mine.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008

Very cool deal...

9wGZ5eV.png

2zTGcwd.png
BK, will you be releasing your new project soon?

I'm currently working on some quick updates for the Global United Hockey, and the league/team options are greatly improved. (I converted the 3 GUH leagues into a 90 team super leage, which was more or less what I originally wanted to do!, and it's working so far 1 full season simmed without error or crashing) I'm working on some other ideas as well, but just getting a workable 1.5 update for the existing GUH to start!

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Did anyone here create the EHM Assistant? I know a ton of people on TBL have been trying to get in contact with the person, but it looks like they’ve been ghosted on..

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Did anyone here create the EHM Assistant? I know a ton of people on TBL have been trying to get in contact with the person, but it looks like they’ve been ghosted on..
Weren’t they looking at creating their own?

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
BK, will you be releasing your new project soon?

I'm currently working on some quick updates for the Global United Hockey, and the league/team options are greatly improved. (I converted the 3 GUH leagues into a 90 team super leage, which was more or less what I originally wanted to do!, and it's working so far 1 full season simmed without error or crashing) I'm working on some other ideas as well, but just getting a workable 1.5 update for the existing GUH to start!

Someday but I'm having too much fun poking around 1.5 right now lol.

archibalduk

EHM The Blue Line
Oct 29, 2005
England
Weren’t they looking at creating their own?
I tried emailing and PM'ing him last Thursday but have had no response so far. He hasn't logged in to TBL for about 2 years, so I'm not holding my breath.

I'm not aware of anyone looking at creating their own but that would be good news if true.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

It's a modern skin I made:
BKmodern_v1.1.zip

Be sure to read the install, for full effect, the color file doesn't get read by the game unless you reload the new skin every time you start EHM.
BKmodern EHM Skin - EHM The Blue Line

Thank you for this, I like the UI much better now with this change.

Relating to the TBL/ECK rosters, would it be possible to make a DB that has Seattle but with no players yet? No need to rush to do it, I can just do extra player transactions in the DB to make the team I want, but I figured others would also be happy about that.

Reactions: BKarchitect

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Relating to the TBL/ECK rosters, would it be possible to make a DB that has Seattle but with no players yet? No need to rush to do it, I can just do extra player transactions in the DB to make the team I want, but I figured others would also be happy about that.

You can edit it with the editor probably faster then I can put one together for you :).

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
You can edit it with the editor probably faster then I can put one together for you :).

That's fair, not a problem :laugh:

It's pretty easy to do on the editor anyway but I thought I'd throw it out.

The changes I made to the expansion draft are these:

Anaheim: Shattenkirk replaces Lundestrom
Boston: Lauzon replaces Ritchie
Calgary: Tanev replaces Backlund
Florida: Driedger replaces Nutivaara
New Jersey: Kuokkanen replaces Subban
NYI: Mayfield replaces Bellows
Ottawa: Gustavsson replaces Daccord
Philly: JVR replaces Gostisbehere
San Jose: Balcers replaces Burns (because I don't view Burns as realistic tbh)
St. Louis: Dunn replaces Barbyashev
Tampa: Cernak replaces Volkov
Winnipeg: Appleton replaces Lowry

I was basing my picks off of Capfriendly's protection list

Last edited:

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
That's fair, not a problem :laugh:

It's pretty easy to do on the editor anyway but I thought I'd throw it out.

The changes I made to the expansion draft are these:

Anaheim: Shattenkirk replaces Lundestrom
Boston: Lauzon replaces Ritchie
Calgary: Tanev replaces Backlund
Florida: Driedger replaces Nutivaara
New Jersey: Kuokkanen replaces Subban
NYI: Mayfield replaces Bellows
Ottawa: Gustavsson replaces Daccord
Philly: JVR replaces Gostisbehere
San Jose: Balcers replaces Burns (because I don't view Burns as realistic tbh)
St. Louis: Dunn replaces Barbyashev
Tampa: Cernak replaces Volkov
Winnipeg: Appleton replaces Lowry

I was basing my picks off of Capfriendly's protection list

Good substitutions there! I will likely update the Seattle roster in my final update for the season (likely before NHL playoffs start).

dellzor

Bo Horvat's Head
Nov 21, 2016
Vancouver, BC

Very cool deal...

9wGZ5eV.png

2zTGcwd.png
Question, how does your EHM look like that

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: