Eastside Hockey Manager - Part X Patch 1.5 Edition! (April 22nd Open Beta)

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Are teams smarter with draft picks in 1.5? One of the things I liked doing (I recently fired my last save back up), i always have a ton a draft picks and I was running 3 teams in the last nhl draft i did

Also, how do I know the download worked other than i saying 1.5 at the top? Or will I notice it if I start a new save?

Last edited:

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Are teams smarter with draft picks in 1.5? One of the things I liked doing (I recently fired my last save back up), i always have a ton a draft picks and I was running 3 teams in the last nhl draft i did

Also, how do I know the download worked other than i saying 1.5 at the top? Or will I notice it if I start a new save?

That should be it

ImActuallyAnOtter

Mar 3, 2019
With the release of 1.5, the Prospect Generator has been reset and is now improved. If you ever wanted to be included in the Database then now's the time. Signup Links below (separated out players and non-players).

Player Form: Prospect Generator Signup
Non-Player Form: Non-Player Generator Signup

Notes:
- Any signups that contain things like rude or unrealistic names etc. will be deleted
- The game will reduce your attributes if you put too many things at a high level, so be careful!
- Players will be set at 60CA, -17PA
- Non-Players will be set at 90CA, -14PA

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
When you trade Ben Chiarot to the Sabres for a 1st in like December and that 1st turns into #3 overall

926e5009-c10a-48fe-b90e-fa0760f82fcd.png

I now have the #1 and #3 pick in the 2021 draft, I know I'm taking Power 1st overall and I'm probably going with Eklund or Guenther 3rd overall. All of those guys have a 180 PA or higher because I believe all of them are -10 in the newest DB.

My team is going to be stacked in the near future but it's heinously bad right now. I traded pretty much every player from my expansion team for only about 7 players. I ended up with:

Tkachuk-Hischier-Laine
Keller-Glass-Kunin
FA and waiver caliber trash

Chiarot-McAvoy
FA and wavier caliber trash

Hart

Reactions: BKarchitect

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
Re: the EHM Assistant 1.5 talk, I was playing around with reading saved games through RAM as the original creator had suggested, but I was having trouble accessing anything particularly useful (e.g. player info, team info, and so on). I may pick this up again when I have some spare time but it would be a while before I have anything even slightly usable, let alone as good as the original EHM Assistant. Hopefully someone else out there has made a bit more progress.

Reactions: xECK29x

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
When you trade Ben Chiarot to the Sabres for a 1st in like December and that 1st turns into #3 overall

926e5009-c10a-48fe-b90e-fa0760f82fcd.png

I now have the #1 and #3 pick in the 2021 draft, I know I'm taking Power 1st overall and I'm probably going with Eklund or Guenther 3rd overall. All of those guys have a 180 PA or higher because I believe all of them are -10 in the newest DB.

My team is going to be stacked in the near future but it's heinously bad right now. I traded pretty much every player from my expansion team for only about 7 players. I ended up with:

Tkachuk-Hischier-Laine
Keller-Glass-Kunin

Chiarot-McAvoy
FA and wavier caliber trash

Hart
I did this with Micheal Ferland and got the #2OV

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
FYI @xECK29x I think DeAngelo retired in my sim because he was put on leave for those 10 months. I tried to sign him early, it was vetoed because he failed his physical and he's not shown in the search anymore. I can't find his name in the editor when I open the save game, either.

I also just saw Giroux retire in January of 2022. Something happened between January 2nd and January 25th because he was in my game at the start of the month but not in here now.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
FYI @xECK29x I think DeAngelo retired in my sim because he was put on leave for those 10 months. I tried to sign him early, it was vetoed because he failed his physical and he's not shown in the search anymore. I can't find his name in the editor when I open the save game, either.

I also just saw Giroux retire in January of 2022. Something happened between January 2nd and January 25th because he was in my game at the start of the month but not in here now.

That DeAngelo situation I have no problem with, I am ready to just retire him out of the database with his buddy Mitch Miller.

The Giroux situation may have been an injury, only thing I can think of.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

vcanuck

Feb 7, 2011
That DeAngelo situation I have no problem with, I am ready to just retire him out of the database with his buddy Mitch Miller.

The Giroux situation may have been an injury, only thing I can think of.

Hey ECK, do I need to start a new game every time there's a database update? or does it auto update saved games as well?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Here's a game question: when I'm starting a save and it's asking me to retain staff for national teams, is that where I want to pick the non-traditional countries (such as, say, Australia or Belgium) to make sure they're actually playable in the game and fills out their roster?

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Here's a game question: when I'm starting a save and it's asking me to retain staff for national teams, is that where I want to pick the non-traditional countries (such as, say, Australia or Belgium) to make sure they're actually playable in the game and fills out their roster?

I think you are mixing two things up, the “Add Players to National Team Pools” yes will ensure smaller hockey nations have enough eligible players for international tournaments .

Retaining all players/staff from specific nations ensures none are cut regardless of the league or database size selections.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I think you are mixing two things up, the “Add Players to National Team Pools” yes will ensure smaller hockey nations have enough eligible players for international tournaments .

Retaining all players/staff from specific nations ensures none are cut regardless of the league or database size selections.

Ok, so if I pick Finland and Canada and USA to add players to national team pools, i'm kind of wasting my time, yes? Is the idea to pick 10 countries that it otherwise wouldn't?

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Ok, so if I pick Finland and Canada and USA to add players to national team pools, i'm kind of wasting my time, yes? Is the idea to pick 10 countries that it otherwise wouldn't?

Yea I wouldn’t do it. I usually select the top IIHF nations for full retention personally.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Yea I wouldn’t do it. I usually select the top IIHF nations for full retention personally.
So that just deepens their pools, but picking other nations thins that out. Is that where you have young players playing in weird countries as prospects?

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
So that just deepens their pools, but picking other nations thins that out. Is that where you have young players playing in weird countries as prospects?

There won’t be many prospects in my DB that are NHL viable on non-IIHF strong nations. The PG adds some players from non-traditional markets but nothing crazy.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
There won’t be many prospects in my DB that are NHL viable on non-IIHF strong nations. The PG adds some players from non-traditional markets but nothing crazy.
I guess they wouldn't crate them that way because you have it set. I only ask that just because I want to play around while waiting for a post-expansion roster update

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad