Eastside Hockey Manager - Part X Patch 1.5 Edition! (April 22nd Open Beta)

Tatartots

Mar 17, 2015

Debrincat just won Rookie of the Month in my save using 1.5 beta and the 1.5 ECK roster.

wVU1aFS

archibalduk

EHM The Blue Line
Oct 29, 2005
England
I tend not to post releases of the EHM Editor here because I don't want to spam the thread, but I thought I'd post this one here seeing as it is the first release with the EHM v1.5 database format screens enabled:

Version 1.0.0 of the Editor is now available here: Eastside Hockey Manager Editor (v1.0.0) - EHM The Blue Line

This is the first release with the additional v1.5 database setting screens visible. The new screens/sections introduced with the EHM v1.5 database format are as follows:

1. Contract Details
It is now possible to add detailed contract data to players, such as year by year salaries and contract clauses. The database format also allows bonuses to be added but, as far as I'm aware, bonuses have not yet been implemented in the game.

To add detailed contract details, click on the Set Player Contract Details button on the Player screen. This will then enable the Contract Details tab. You can delete the Contract Details by clicking on the Delete All Contract Details button on the Contract Details -> Salary tab. Note that you do not need to click on the Set Player Contract Details button each time you want to access the Contract Details tab - you just need to click on it in order to enable the tab if it is disabled.

2. Historical Club Names
This allows historical/old club names to be added which will then appear for player career histories. The screen is accessible via the Clubs menu.

3. Game Extra Details
Additional settings have been added to the Database Settings screen which is accessible via the Data tab. The additional settings are listed under the Game Extra Details tab and should be useful for historical databases.

LEAGUE RULES AND STRUCTURES
Whilst not new to the v1.5 database, another new feature in the Editor is a structure chart available via the Chart tab when viewing Rules and Structures. The chart is still in its early stages and doesn't do much more than visualise how the stages connect together. I'm hoping to add some additional details such as start and end dates and stage names. I will also add a legend to explain the colour scheme - but for now, the colour scheme is blue = initial stage, green = upper stage and red = lower stage.

I've also added some additional league validation rules which are accessible via the Status tab of the Rules and Structures screen. Further details can be found here. I should highlight that the validation rules are still a work in progress and I would advise against blindly following the warnings shown on this screen. If your league is already running fine then you may want to consider ignoring any warnings.

VERSION NUMBERING
I have now moved away from the old version numbering scheme of 0.x.y where I'd simply increment y and then x (e.g. 0.4.9, 0.5.0, 0.5.1, etc) to using 1.minor.patch using semantic versioning. This means that each subsequent version number will depend on whether the release is a minor release or just a patch release.

CHANGELIST: VERSION 1.0.0 (23-April-2021)

New Features:
  • Added a structure chart sub-screen to the Rules and Structure screen (this is a work in progress);
  • Added ability to refresh synonym data via File -> Refresh Synonyms;
  • Added Contract Details editing via the People -> Players and Staff screen (version 1.5 database format);
  • Added Extra Rule settings #163-181 from game version 1.5 (version 1.5 database format);
  • Added Game Extra Data to the Data -> Database Settings screen (version 1.5 database format);
  • Added Historical Club Names editing screen (via the Clubs tab) for adding historical club names for player career histories (data can also be imported/exported via the Import buttons at the foot of the screen) (version 1.5 database format);
  • Added League Sort Rule #12 (regulation wins only) (version 1.5 database format); and
  • The 'Always save databases using the latest EHM version' setting is now automatically enabled when upgrading from any version of the Editor prior to v1.0.0 (this can be overridden in the Settings screen.
Fixes and Improvements:
  • Added a setting on the Import Spreadsheet screen which allows synonym settings to be saved across Editor sessions;
  • Added additional validation rules to the Rules & Structures screen - see HERE for further details;
  • Added support for curly quotation marks when removing "A" and "C" suffixes from club names when importing player career history;
  • Comments and blank lines can now be added to synonym files. Comment lines are added by placing two forward slashes at the front of the comment line (e.g. "// This is a comment");
  • Fixed issue with Financial Power being corrupted when importing a Nations spreadsheet;
  • Fixed issue with League Standard not being updated when importing a Nations spreadsheet;
  • Increased the width of the Reputation fields on the Nations screen;
  • Minor adjustment to the Alternative Schedule Dates data structure in order to fix a potential crash when saving the database;
  • Minor improvements to the dates specified in the Rules and Structures text report which now take into account the final potential date for a cup stage schedule date; and
  • Minor optimisations to various functions/classes.

NathanB

Apr 22, 2021
Good stuff, thanks for all the hard work!
Just one thing though im still unable to add the new potential ability range to a player with the new editor, is that intentional?

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Do you have the latest editor version (0.5.2)? This happens when it can't properly determine the version of the database and some of the indexes get messed up.

where can we download the newest editior? I think I have v0.2.3 lol

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
I found and fixed the June 25th crashing issue! It was caused by the Champions Hockey League and/or Continental Cup. Likely due to the new transfer rules for those leagues. I have pulled them out of the live DBs and updated new versions.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
@xECK29x can I make a kinda weird DB request? Can you make Adam Lowry's rating higher? I always have him on my Seattle sim and it's kinda annoying that other GMs view him as a 0 star player, despite him being a really damn good 3C in real life.

I could do it myself in the DB editor but I feel like I should just ask instead.

bashbros32

Jan 12, 2014
Brockville, Ontario
@xECK29x I know your likely getting a boatload of questions today, however lol:

I just loaded up my save using your most recent 1.4.1 db, the one with Seattle in it, and Matthew Savoie is just straight up not in the db. Unless I missed some news I was pretty sure he is still highly rated for next years draft lol.

archibalduk

EHM The Blue Line
Oct 29, 2005
England
Good stuff, thanks for all the hard work!
Just one thing though im still unable to add the new potential ability range to a player with the new editor, is that intentional?

It seems I accidentally created conflicting limits in the Editor. I'm releasing a hotfix shortly...

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
I found and fixed the June 25th crashing issue! It was caused by the Champions Hockey League and/or Continental Cup. Likely due to the new transfer rules for those leagues. I have pulled them out of the live DBs and updated new versions.

When we can expect CHL/CC back ? :)

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
@xECK29x can I make a kinda weird DB request? Can you make Adam Lowry's rating higher? I always have him on my Seattle sim and it's kinda annoying that other GMs view him as a 0 star player, despite him being a really damn good 3C in real life.

I could do it myself in the DB editor but I feel like I should just ask instead.

He is 124/134 right now, I could see a small bump for him but he should be a 3 star player once scouted.

@xECK29x I know your likely getting a boatload of questions today, however lol:

I just loaded up my save using your most recent 1.4.1 db, the one with Seattle in it, and Matthew Savoie is just straight up not in the db. Unless I missed some news I was pretty sure he is still highly rated for next years draft lol.

Good catch, I have no idea where he went! He is not in the DB. He's been patched back in.

Last edited:

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
v5.6.2 of Pivot released, includes a few fixes:

1) Added Matthew Savoie back into the DB
2) Released Tony DeAngelo to FA and put him "on leave" for 10 months, and added/updated NYR cap penalties
3) Updated PG players to use new PA ranges (we had been using this sheet during beta testing)

TBL will be updated as well.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

bashbros32

Jan 12, 2014
Brockville, Ontario
@xECK29x another question, this one more based on maybe game limitations? I don't think I've ever seen it spoken about.

is there a way to send NHL players to junior teams? I don't see a reason why for instance a 31st place Seattle would miss 18 year old Shane Wright for 2 weeks in December/January for the world juniors. Unless as mentioned this is a game limitation.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Event closes
    • Updated: