Eastside Hockey Manager - Part X Patch 1.5 Edition! (April 22nd Open Beta)

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
I am confused, didn't you just recentley release new DB ?

Yes all I did was just update the database version header so it supports the new 1.5 features (like the new PAs) as well as added a fully robust extra_config and import and record_config files as well. Expect more 1.5 focused changes in another week or two.

We will also be greatly reducing the prospect generator as there are a lot of fixes to newgens and the development model in 1.5 so we don't need to compensate for the games shortcomings.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
unknown.png

Your database folder should look like this, if it doesn't unsubscribe/resubscribe.

Reactions: Treb

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Dang I wish this would have been released yesterday, I was off all day yesterday and could have checked to see if the depth player production/ratings issue has been solved.

A lot of my issues with 1.4.1 were fairly minor, but the biggest one was seeing my bottom-6 guys putting up maybe 20-25 points a season despite being top-6 caliber players.

Reactions: francis246

NathanB

Apr 22, 2021
Couple of questions if anyone can help.

• - Added functionality to help test custom database league structures with a Test Leagues option on the Selected Leagues screen on the first day of a newly started game
Does this work? Everytime I click on the selected league button i just get a crash to desktop (edit) ok so i tried a different db, my own, and it worked, but the latest pivot db doesnt

• Added Team Location view in League Information screen to visualize relative team locations
Where is this? Ive searched everywhere. Im assuming this doesnt mean just the city co-ordinates being listed on the team info screen does it?

• - Better support for custom leagues/cups where teams from another nation take part in a domestic league/cup of another nation
What has improved in this area? in the previous versions ive been able to set up for example the Alps League, IHL and domestic slovenian league to all work but one thing that was missing was on the schedule screen for the teams it doesnt show all fixtures, i was hoping this meant this was going to now work but it doesnt

E.g Jesenice, they have the Alps League set as their detailed league so the Alps Leagues fixtures show up but not the Drzavno Prventsvo. This i believe is because the Alps League nation is set as Austria, if i changed it to Slovenian then both leagues fixtures would show so on a teams schedule it seems it will only display fixtures for domestic competitions with the same nation as that teams detailed league hence why e.g Triglav show both IHL and DP fixtures

Last edited:

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
  • - Added functionality to help test custom database league structures with a Test Leagues option on the Selected Leagues screen on the first day of a newly started game
Does this work? Everytime I click on the selected league button i just get a crash to desktop

Yes we have used this extensive during the beta period to test structures, we are getting crashes on June 25th 2021, I think something is wrong with this build, I've already notified Riz via email. Not sure what changed between the private and this public build but they are different.

• Added Team Location view in League Information screen to visualize relative team locations
Where is this? Ive searched everywhere. Im assuming this doesnt mean just the city co-ordinates being listed on the team info screen does it?

This screen, notice the retired numbers, that the arena is changing and the coordinates

There is a map you can view that plots all the team locations, I can't remember how to get there though.

upload_2021-4-22_16-27-36.png

• - Better support for custom leagues/cups where teams from another nation take part in a domestic league/cup of another nation
What has improved in this area? in the previous versions ive been able to set up for example the Alps League, IHL and domestic slovenian league to all work but one thing that was missing was on the schedule screen for the teams it doesnt show all fixtures, i was hoping this meant this was going to now work but it doesnt

E.g Jesenice, they have the Alps League set as their detailed league so the Alps Leagues fixtures show up but not the Drzavno Prventsvo. This i believe is because the Alps League nation is set as Austria, if i changed it to Slovenian then both leagues fixtures would show so on a teams schedule it seems it will only display fixtures for domestic competitions with the same nation as that teams detailed league hence why e.g Triglav show both IHL and DP fixtures

It addresses exactly what you are stating, those mixed crossover leagues, it does this via some added support for new transfer rules in the Editor as well as new flags in league structures. This is something I'll be looking to implement in v6 of Pivot/v14 of TBL next season.

NathanB

Apr 22, 2021
Thanks for your reply! Ok so when the new editor comes i should have the ability to select different options that arent currently available to sort the schedule issue

The screen you posted doesnt seem to be what the change suggests it is though, the change specifically states its on the league info screen not team info and you are able to visualise the relative team locations. I took this to mean something such as a map using the lat/long to show where all the trams in that league are located? putting long/lat on the team info screen doesnt even come close to what the change is listed as.

*ah think you edited just as i posted! yeah a map is what i mean and thats what i cant find

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Thanks for your reply! Ok so when the new editor comes i should have the ability to select different options that arent currently available to sort the schedule issue

The screen you posted doesnt seem to be what the change suggests it is though, the change specifically states its on the league info screen not team info and you are able to visualise the relative team locations. I took this to mean something such as a map using the lat/long to show where all the trams in that league are located? putting long/lat on the team info screen doesnt even come close to what the change is listed as.

It was there when you clicked the coordinates, not sure what happened there, I'll ask Riz when he responds about the crashing.

@37 others It's just a UI element, doesn't do anything functionally. However, having coordinates correct for cities in the DB is very important for newgen generation and location approximation for junior leagues.

Reactions: 37 others

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Pivot databases uploaded!
Awesome work!
Just got it, but it crashes the EHM editor when I try to open it.
Hangs at "finance info" 92% and then crashes. multiple times.
Any suggestions? It worked fine for your last release.
Works with all the other dbs I have downloaded too.

Last edited:

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Awesome work!
Just got it, but it crashes the EHM editor when I try to open it.
Hangs at "finance info" 92% and then crashes. multiple times.
Any suggestions? It worked fine for your last release.
Works with all the other dbs I have downloaded too.

Do you have the latest editor version (0.5.2)? This happens when it can't properly determine the version of the database and some of the indexes get messed up.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Do you have the latest editor version (0.5.2)? This happens when it can't properly determine the version of the database and some of the indexes get messed up.
Oh nope turns out I don't have the latest. Thanks

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Is there an updated version of EHM assistant out to go with the new version of EHM? It would really suck if there wasn't, but I'm expecting there isn't one yet just because of how new 1.5 is.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Is there an updated version of EHM assistant out to go with the new version of EHM? It would really suck if there wasn't, but I'm expecting there isn't one yet just because of how new 1.5 is.

Nope, that will no longer work and we have been trying to get in contact with the developer.

bashbros32

Jan 12, 2014
Brockville, Ontario
@xECK29x WOOOO 1.5 FINALLY

quick question, and apologies if this has been answered before (there has been a lot of trickled out information about 1.5)

does the new version fix the issue where in year 1 players who are not eligible for the Calder win? I just started a new game on 1.4.1 yesterday with your newest db, and Sebastian Aho won the Calder, with Brock Boeser and Rasmus Ristolainen as the runners up. lol

vcanuck

Feb 7, 2011
I'm having v1.4.1 select_league_screen error.cpp 114 error when I start a new game :(

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
@xECK29x WOOOO 1.5 FINALLY

quick question, and apologies if this has been answered before (there has been a lot of trickled out information about 1.5)

does the new version fix the issue where in year 1 players who are not eligible for the Calder win? I just started a new game on 1.4.1 yesterday with your newest db, and Sebastian Aho won the Calder, with Brock Boeser and Rasmus Ristolainen as the runners up. lol

Yes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad