Eastside Hockey Manager - Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Thanks!

Is there another way to get prospects to go through the college route?

I usually try to sign them from the NAHL or NA3HL, also Tier 1 18U or the USPHL are good places to scout as well, you can sign kids from Europe too, there should be plenty willing to come to NA and the reps of the USHL teams should be decent enough for them to make the jump.

MasterMatt25

Nov 19, 2014
Montreal
I usually try to sign them from the NAHL or NA3HL, also Tier 1 18U or the USPHL are good places to scout as well, you can sign kids from Europe too, there should be plenty willing to come to NA and the reps of the USHL teams should be decent enough for them to make the jump.
Thanks!

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Looks like my AHL schedule/structure has been really royally messed up this whole time and is borderline unplayable! I just rebuilt it and I am testing it now, if it all looks good I'll release 3.14.1 as a hotfix.

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
Is there any link to download database with WHA and NHL36 together already? Sounds great!

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Is there any link to download database with WHA and NHL36 together already? Sounds great!

It'll be NHL32 + WHA because all the varieties of NHL36 expansion teams have in fact become the WHA! :)

Should have a full NHL32 + WHA update around Christmas. Full data update, mid-season ratings updates (especially for the NHL, prospects and future draft classes), the WHA and will have around 5-6 flavors of Seattle with built-in graphics (with the logo update) so with a quick change in the EHM Editor, you'll be able to "choose" your identity package for Seattle in the NHL.

Nail

Mar 21, 2014
Hey all, I started a Create a Player using the 1998/99 database. All has gone well so far, however as our players have made it to the NHL level, I’ve noticed there’s barely any players on any of the NHL rosters.

I tried taking over as GM of teams to sign players, but for each team the board is only allowing a salary of $450,000 for a “key” player. It’s impossible to sign players, and some teams win 3 games a season since they have no real goalies and 5 real skaters on their teams.

Is there any way for me to fix this?

GBHockey

Jun 2, 2018
Not sure if it's a bug or just the way the game works but I'm currently GM of the Senators and due to some pretty dreadful contract offers on my part I have about 28 players on the books with a max of 8 of those in the AHL with Bellville. However, Bellville only have 7 AHL contracted players so there's rarely a time where they play with more than 15 players. This is causing my prospects to have awful seasons with their +/- nearer to -100 than 0. Is there any way to get Bellville to sign more players or is it just a case of I'd have to take over them as another GM and do it?

Also, I keep applying for international jobs, Canada, USA, Sweden, Finland, Czech etc and never manage to get the job, I've won 1 cup with the Sens and have been a playoff team since the start..

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
I'm not quite sure why the AHL AI GMs are so bad, I have played around with some settings in the past such as club reps and finance values but I have no idea why they have such a hard time signing players.

GBHockey

Jun 2, 2018
I'm not quite sure why the AHL AI GMs are so bad, I have played around with some settings in the past such as club reps and finance values but I have no idea why they have such a hard time signing players.
The goalie the AI GM for Bellville managed to sign is a WHL Bantam 10th Rounder who currently has a GAA of 5.01 after 26 games!

I suppose the blame falls on me too partly for sucking with contracts! S0 when some of the bigger contracts expire I'll attempt to manage things a bit better.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Not sure if it's a bug or just the way the game works but I'm currently GM of the Senators and due to some pretty dreadful contract offers on my part I have about 28 players on the books with a max of 8 of those in the AHL with Bellville. However, Bellville only have 7 AHL contracted players so there's rarely a time where they play with more than 15 players. This is causing my prospects to have awful seasons with their +/- nearer to -100 than 0. Is there any way to get Bellville to sign more players or is it just a case of I'd have to take over them as another GM and do it?

Also, I keep applying for international jobs, Canada, USA, Sweden, Finland, Czech etc and never manage to get the job, I've won 1 cup with the Sens and have been a playoff team since the start..

I always trade for draft picks, even if its fourth rounders who will never amount to anything. That way, even if I don't make the playoffs, I can stockpile draft picks and get players to develop on the cheap. You could always pick up players to just play in the AHL. I usually try to sign prospects within the 18-24 range and just stick them in the A and see where it goes from there.

With the international ring, I think its better to have success first with a smaller country and then you work your way up from there.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey

That is weird. Do you have an assistant GM? In most of my games if I dont have enough players the AI will sometimes sign some people to AHL contracts to fill the gaps. Usually guys coming out of college or something. And sometimes they end up doing pretty well

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
v3.15: Lots of fixes in this update including HockeyAllsvenskan and HockeyEttan, I've played several sims with these leagues and they appear to functioning properly in year one, I have not done long term testing but I see no issues going forward. Also added my first human playable league the Eastern Hockey League!

j0RiZJM.png

1hM474a.jpg

UFy6pXS.png

Download:

Steam: Steam Workshop :: [2018-19] xECK29x's Premier Pivot Rosters (v3.15)
Non-Steam: Dropbox - xECK29x-Rosters-v3.15.zip

Logo Pack:
Steam: Steam Workshop :: Logo Pack (v1.9) for xECK29x's Premier Pivot Rosters (by Dani9 + BKArchitect)
Non-Steam: http://bit.ly/2ETg8PO

General Updates:
- Eastern Hockey League now human-playable! My first league made from scratch, United States junior A league slotted below the NAHL. Adds another path to start your GM career, also adds another pool of generated talent for US Colleges. Similar structure/transfer rules as USHL. More info here: Eastern Hockey League
- WJC U20 updates: Started reviewing all players/staff selected for the tornament, like every year I try to make sure every player/applicable staff member exists in the DB and is updated.
-- Teams completed so far, will complete the rest in the next update: Sweden, Finland, US

NHL/AHL Updates:
- Fixed junior rights for players under NHL contract but assigned to juniors, this will allow them to be recalled and reassigned back to juniors before and after training camp in year 1 of the sim.

United States Junior Updates:
- Drastically lowered reputations of USPHL teams to bring them in line with Junior A/AA levels

Austrian Updates:
- Updated players/staff for EBEL - Thanks ppaalloo!

Slovakian Updates:
- Thanks to ppaalloo for help with the updates below!
- Updated Tipsport team names
- Updated 1.Liga league name to Slovakian St. Nicolaus 1.Liga
- Updated players/staff for Tipsport Extraliga

Swedish Updates:
- Fixed HockeyEttan by just adding a 48th team, as the league will only be 47 for one year, which was causing issues with the league structure, thanks Aalstrom for the help! All stages tested and working.
- Fixed HockeyAllsvenskan error advancing to relegation league ~Feb 25th. Thanks to all those that reported the issue and sent me their saved games!
- Fixed some ratings and other details for Swedish players.

QMJHL Updates:
- Added several players for Blainville-Boisbriand Armada, thanks MrGeeky!
- Cape Breton Screaming Eagles (attendance, retired numbers, club and player records, players and staff) - Thanks MrGeeky!

OHL Updates:
- Guelph Storm (arena, attendance, club and player records, retired numbers, players and staff) - thanks Trajan for helping with player career histories!

WHL Updates:
- Everett Silvertips (club and player records, players and staff)

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Anyone know if it's possible to add U20 DII and DIII divisions into the game? I know DII is available for assignment on the nations tab but there is no league structure for it, and DIII doesn't seem to exist at all.

Reactions: francis246

archibalduk

EHM The Blue Line
Oct 29, 2005
England
Anyone know if it's possible to add U20 DII and DIII divisions into the game? I know DII is available for assignment on the nations tab but there is no league structure for it, and DIII doesn't seem to exist at all.

I recall Riz mentioning that adding further playable international tournaments via the DB is not currently possible.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
I recall Riz mentioning that adding further playable international tournaments via the DB is not currently possible.

Is making a country human eligibility possible? Like I’ve said, I have Portugal playing D-2 in the World Chamoionships, and would love to coach them. But their job position never seems to be ‘available’

Daeni10

Kunitz was there
Dec 31, 2013
Cologne
I'm having a really good run with my hometown team in the DEL and my world reputation is superb, yet I can't land any other job. I know that this has been an issue before, but is there anything I can do to improve my chances besides winning?

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
I'm having a really good run with my hometown team in the DEL and my world reputation is superb, yet I can't land any other job. I know that this has been an issue before, but is there anything I can do to improve my chances besides winning?

When I played with SC Bern, I won 14 titles in like 16 seasons and got several offers from NHL while still coaching SCB.

Daeni10

Kunitz was there
Dec 31, 2013
Cologne
When I played with SC Bern, I won 14 titles in like 16 seasons and got several offers from NHL while still coaching SCB.

Okay I guess I didn't win enough then lmao. Got fired though after losing in the finals after 3 consecutive titles so I hope I will get some sweden 3 team to take me at least^^
Had that weird schedule thing where the last game of the final was on may 1st after all the contracts expired and most of the players were playing the world championship, that kinda sucked

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Okay I guess I didn't win enough then lmao. Got fired though after losing in the finals after 3 consecutive titles so I hope I will get some sweden 3 team to take me at least^^
Had that weird schedule thing where the last game of the final was on may 1st after all the contracts expired and most of the players were playing the world championship, that kinda sucked

Likely it's due to the reputation of the club, if that number is much lower then the NHL clubs minimum (like, by thousands of points) that could be why. May need to jump to a higher tier European club first or hop over to the AHL.

Daeni10

Kunitz was there
Dec 31, 2013
Cologne
Likely it's due to the reputation of the club, if that number is much lower then the NHL clubs minimum (like, by thousands of points) that could be why. May need to jump to a higher tier European club first or hop over to the AHL.

I got a job in the QMJHL now, but still weird that even Swe3 clubs wouldn't accept me. I had a superb reputition internationally but well idk if that is worth much. Excited to see where this career will take me, have no idea how to play in the CHL though :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad