Eastside Hockey Manager - Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
I was wondering since my older players get tired really fast or have conditions around 60% during the year

How do you train older players (35+)? I usually put my practice at "intense" for everything and it usually do wonders for my young players (lots of kids develop well to the point where my usual model of teams makes players 30+ too expensive compared to the young crop)

Anyway now I'm trying to finish some players career on a good note but their physicals decrease like crazy compared to some players in the league. I was wondering if that had to do with a training regimen thats too harsh, and if theres any harm in "resting" older players without training anymore.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
you can still play the game, the 1.5 update won't make or break anything.

I know, but in 1.5 Champions hockey league will be fixed (32 teams) and I have plans to win it with small club from big countries or with big club from small country :)

Moses Doughty

Aug 19, 2008
Gotta say, trading away star players to rebuild is a lot more frustrating than it used to be or I'm just realizing it now. Obviously a guy like Doughty or Kopitar has a huge cap hit but you'd think it'd be easier to get more. Pretty sure I got more for one year of Karlsson than I can figure out Doughty

Reactions: francis246

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
I know, but in 1.5 Champions hockey league will be fixed (32 teams) and I have plans to win it with small club from big countries or with big club from small country :)

I don't see 1.5 having any issues here, I believe BK's DB (not sure about mine) have accurate Champions League, I could be wrong though.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I don't see 1.5 having any issues here, I believe BK's DB (not sure about mine) have accurate Champions League, I could be wrong though.

In NHL36 the CHL is updated for the 18-19 licenses as accurately as could be given the old format of the tournament. So the teams will be accurate for the CHL 18-19 with a few additions based on the old format but it is not the current 32 team format unfortunately as editing the structure does not work with the Euro license system in the game.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
you can still play the game, the 1.5 update won't make or break anything.

I dont agree. I played with 1.4 some 100+ seasons and after that it war simply unplayable. At first there was big issues with coaches, scouts, GMs - they simply disappeared and you couldn't hire new ones. And then came some error window and that was a final breakdown.

And therefore im waiting until 1.5 come out. Hope, Risto will look into this issues (posted it also in official forum with saved games).

But im afraid, i will lost patience and will buy Franchise Hockey Manager 5 (or 6).

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
I dont agree. I played with 1.4 some 100+ seasons and after that it war simply unplayable. At first there was big issues with coaches, scouts, GMs - they simply disappeared and you couldn't hire new ones. And then came some error window and that was a final breakdown.

And therefore im waiting until 1.5 come out. Hope, Risto will look into this issues (posted it also in official forum with saved games).

But im afraid, i will lost patience and will buy Franchise Hockey Manager 5 (or 6).

If you think EHM has issues just wait until you try FHM....

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
Exactly. But i see it dark. Football Manager is coming out - lot work for Risto. Then hot fixes - lot work for Risto. Then big patch in march (april) - lot work for Risto.
And he has a little daughter - lot work for Risto.

Last update was released in January of 2017. If that is some indication 1.5 version is not that far away.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts

funny you mentioned that, I have an odd story about the Staff 'issue' that you noticed. And it's the only time this ever happened.

So in my main save with Anaheim, I noticed Florida for about three seasons were always under the salary cap floor (about 20 million) and losing terribly. Feeling bad for them, I created a GM just to sign players that jumped overseas for smaller contracts in Finland, Denmark, Sweden (the KHL is still always hard me to sign players to come over). So when I took hold of them, I noticed that they had no staff, physios, scouts or anything. Every other team had a backroom staff but them. To make a long story short, they're doing a lot better now, but it was a funny little quirk that I came across.

Alko, Have you tried a new save with 'Extra Staff' option included? I have yet to see this issue that you have come across in. Even with other databases that I've put a lot of time into, I've never noticed that.
As I've said before (and Nino [thank you!])), making starting configuration changes with the database can make it more populated than the default settings. I love playing with a max database. It makes it a lot more fun.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Alko, Have you tried a new save with 'Extra Staff' option included? I have yet to see this issue that you have come across in. Even with other databases that I've put a lot of time into, I've never noticed that.

Uf, i cant remember. Im my memory is still ok, i started the game with Version 1.2 .

Looked to my error report on Sigames forum. This is one of the issues:

30.12.2147 - Taylor Curry signed as Assistant GM
He was on my team on 8.1.2148. But then he suddenly disappeared. He was completely gone.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Uf, i cant remember. Im my memory is still ok, i started the game with Version 1.2 .

Looked to my error report on Sigames forum. This is one of the issues:

30.12.2147 - Taylor Curry signed as Assistant GM
He was on my team on 8.1.2148. But then he suddenly disappeared. He was completely gone.

You could start a new save and just see. Your computer (i'm assuming) must be fast if you can get up all the way to 2100.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Any way we can get a yearly growing salary cap for those playing on a Mac (using Play On Mac). Mine always seems to just be stuck on the default. Although I did go and change it in the settings to 80m but still, it sucks having it stuck at 80m for 10 years.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Any way we can get a yearly growing salary cap for those playing on a Mac (using Play On Mac). Mine always seems to just be stuck on the default. Although I did go and change it in the settings to 80m but still, it sucks having it stuck at 80m for 10 years.

Yearly growing cap no, hopefully that is something added in future releases. Easier to modify the DB or use a record_config.cfg

Nino33

Jul 5, 2015

Yearly growing cap no, hopefully that is something added in future releases. Easier to modify the DB or use a record_config.cfg
I’d be surprised if a growing cap was added, as dynamic finances aren’t modelled in game (salary ranges don’t change/players don’t ask for more money because of a rising cap)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->