Eastside Hockey Manager - Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
Had an interesting thing happen to me, i played 2 games on the same day, against the same team. :help:
RZpchap.jpg

When playing with Euro teams I used to experience same bug. I played Champions hockey league and friendly game on same day.

Reactions: MasterMatt25
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
So just for experimental purposes, months ago I made a 39 year old Mongolian have all 20s in his attributes besides his skating, acceleration, stamina, etc.

For some reason, his new-gen counterpart can’t seem to stay on a team for more than two seasons until he ‘retires from professional hockey’ as a 19/20 year old. Would this ‘superstar’ still be cycled through the regen process? Or would his creation be different?

nbonaddio

BELLOWS: THE BEST
Mar 28, 2007
Say hello to the greatest player of All-Time! 18 Richard trophies, 21 Stanley Cups..

..ladies and gentleman, Mr. Oliver Wahlstrom!

(Apologies to Isles fans, who have to suffer the indignity of wondering what could have been after trading Wahlstrom away for Guentzel and a 2nd.)

Attachments

• wahlstrom.jpg
    wahlstrom.jpg
    398.5 KB · Views: 81
Reactions: xECK29x

plaaplaa72

Jul 29, 2011
Helsinki
Is it just me, or does anyone else get really one-dimensional prospects in the draft?

It seems everyone is either a completely offensive player, with really bad defensive stats, or a completely defensive player, with really bad offensive stats.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
WHA REBORN

I've got the WHA up and running and going through some Beta test sims...it's been really fun and I think people looking for something new are going to have fun testing it out. It includes a brand new end-of-season championship that spans multiple continents as well, contested between the WHA, KHL, CHL and Continental Club champs to earn the title of best team outside the NHL.

See the thread I'm developing at theblueline for loads more info and updates on test results, tweaks and to give input and ideas.

The WHA and ICC will be built-in to my NHL32 - Seattle database in future releases.

WHA Reboot - League Info & Testing - EHM The Blue Line

I'll leave you with some teaser graphics of the league setup:

73e3a6214a68e2ee89fe34802edd96f6.png

AMERICAN DIVISION
fb009438684160e0b44106b90b4d2e61.png

287ae81c3195d783acd7ac88cefb12b9.png

59c370c3fcf39bc3e0fee238f1a43444.png

227b131756047ae94164dacf646c871f.png

22854ec9f8c2a43851f1a0c67fe14707.png

92bed0173c4007e034c1fe115fbd2895.png

CANADIAN DIVISION
25f297683c15e284633330c7bdcf8a57.png

02b7338278c385151be22c324fb8c038.png

1d25b5daa76fe2cfc66994667d2119fa.png

449cef0adc349a9edf7a60ef133d4aa9.png

b20c17a258aef74c7570ee0f900c6e63.png

8cbb8799c238c2eaebd8b612acec3764.png

EUROPEAN DIVISION
7b2bd1e55936296ddbecd5270e8ce670.png

5fd232b7d6f6a66d603608e1e9cbfe8a.png

f0d6aeebb22481f9970a2fd29caddc2b.png

9cf232e2c5301ab75da68d0abcd33df8.png

2f5d0112ed894f9095cc1969227b7a5c.png

3a9cd6e9a3da7c06b854c83477fd0d9a.png

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
I’m assuming the WHA project would have to be with a database that includes extra roster players. I can’t see all those extra teams filling out rosters with the regular NHL free agency pool

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I’m assuming the WHA project would have to be with a database that includes extra roster players. I can’t see all those extra teams filling out rosters with the regular NHL free agency pool

The first season (18-19) is pretty rough at the moment. I usually start with "Add Players to Playable Teams" - it at least stocks the rosters with enough filler to assemble a line-up. The CPU GM's do their best to fill the rosters with servicable available free agents. You still have some guys like Rick Nash out there, Voynov is out there and free to sign since his NHL rights (with the Kings) don't matter, there's some vetern Euro league guys who are currently un-attached and then just a ton of "filler" guys who are probably ECHL level floating out there in this particular database. And the teams generally pick up guys cut from the NHL or KHL or other leagues very quickly.

But yes, starting from scratch, it's going to be hard for a WHA team to win the ICC over a KHL or CHL champ that first season. I've got one sim 11 seasons deep now though and things tend to get better. The WHA and KHL have both won the ICC 5 times in 11 years (SKA has been a mega-power house this sim - they've won all 5 of the KHL's ICC titles while Saskatchewan has done the "double" three times, meaning WHA champ and ICC champ in the same season).

I may ultimately make a big expansion draft file that at least stock each club with a handful of current NHL players or prospects to give a boost at the start.

Keep checking the theblueline thread, I'll be posting test sim reports, observations, flaws and be looking for input.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I'm greatly intrigued by the ideas coming along in this thread. Kind of waiting for my save to crash before I start something new.

One thing running a KHL team has made me wish for is a team for that level in more countries and perhaps in the league. I don't know if the game produces enough Russian players of that level, and I kind of manually advance Latvian players, so it would be interesting if you have a Dinamo Riga in other countries sort of mining players from a domestic league.

Last edited:
Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
v3.13 released:

Download:

Steam: Steam Workshop :: [2018-19] xECK29x's Premier Pivot Rosters (v3.13)
Non-Steam: Dropbox - xECK29x-Rosters-v3.13.zip

Logo Pack:
Steam: Steam Workshop :: Logo Pack (v1.7) for xECK29x's Premier Pivot Rosters (by Dani9 + BKArchitect)
Non-Steam: Dropbox - xECK29x-Logos-v1.7.zip

NHL/AHL Updates:
- Latest major transactions (Nylander contract), various trades, staff changes
- Retired Rick Middleton's #16 in Boston
- Chicago Blackhawks/Rockford IceHogs (club records, player records, attendance, players and staff)
- Increased minimum contract to $650,000 and made maximum contract for all positions $15m.
- Adjusted contracts of some super-star players still on ELCs so they don't get auto assigned new contracts (see Auston Matthews, Mitch Marner & Patrik Laine). Because of the players CA the game will automatically assign a contract to match. Salaries won't be accurate but total cap hit will still be under what allowed maximum will be with bonuses.

ECHL Updates:
- Indy Fuel (arena, attendance, rivals, club records, player records, retired numbers, players and staff)

Swedish Updates:
- Implemented over 718 updates to all players/staff for Swedish J20/J18 clubs and other Swedish junior players playing in North America - HUGE thanks to Aahlstroem and Systemfels!
- Added/updated club histories, club and player records for Swedish HockeyAllsvenskan (thanks ESHMfan01!)

Just a quick comment, Dumoulin's actual cap hit is $4.1 million but he's listed at $4.949 million in this update. I vaguely remember it being too small of a cap hit early in the year, but it's too high now. Jack Johnson's is a little off too, he's only making $3.25 million and not $3.5 million. Those are only small changes, though.

Reactions: xECK29x

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Just a quick comment, Dumoulin's actual cap hit is $4.1 million but he's listed at $4.949 million in this update. I vaguely remember it being too small of a cap hit early in the year, but it's too high now. Jack Johnson's is a little off too, he's only making $3.25 million and not $3.5 million. Those are only small changes, though.

Will fix!

Reactions: Empoleon8771

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Say hello to the greatest player of All-Time! 18 Richard trophies, 21 Stanley Cups..

..ladies and gentleman, Mr. Oliver Wahlstrom!

(Apologies to Isles fans, who have to suffer the indignity of wondering what could have been after trading Wahlstrom away for Guentzel and a 2nd.)
how the hell do you get a guy up to 70 goals?

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
I'm greatly intrigued by the ideas coming along in this thread. Kind of waiting for my save to crash before I start something new.

One thing running a KHL team has made me wish for is a team for that level in more countries and perhaps in the league. I don't know if the game produces enough Russian players of that level, and I kind of manually advance Latvian players, so it would be interesting if you have a Dinamo Riga in other countries sort of mining players from a domestic league.

There was a post on TBL that recommended doing additional leagues/regen system to provide a way to help improve certain players and bring the nation up to par. Like a domestic Portugal/Spain league, to help prospects from that Iberian region or (another example) something like a Belarusian/Ukrainian under-20 hybrid league system? I don’t know. All suggestions are open

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
There was a post on TBL that recommended doing additional leagues/regen system to provide a way to help improve certain players and bring the nation up to par. Like a domestic Portugal/Spain league, to help prospects from that Iberian region or (another example) something like a Belarusian/Ukrainian under-20 hybrid league system? I don’t know. All suggestions are open

You’re on to a few ideas that should be getting used in real life. Countries pooling their resources. I’m also running KooKoo in the Finnish league, and using that to bring along players from lower-level counties and bumping them up when I desire.

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
You’re on to a few ideas that should be getting used in real life. Countries pooling their resources. I’m also running KooKoo in the Finnish league, and using that to bring along players from lower-level counties and bumping them up when I desire.

Thanks GKJ.

I notice that when the game does it's regen/newgen cycle at the start of the new season, many low-level hockey countries (Qatar, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Mongolia) will often populate many lower level tiers of hockey (like a Swedish J20 league, a random American High School hockey team, random Bantam team, etc.).

for example, the U.A.E. If was someone who could create a hybrid league from the Emirates league in the UAE/Dubai to help produce a 1/1000 chance prospect it would be neat.

Moses Doughty

Aug 19, 2008
how the hell do you get a guy up to 70 goals?

Make sure you got a couple of faster, 17-20 passing attributed guys you can pair him with. I'm not sure if I've done it by letting the HC control tactics because they'll always balance the minutes out so they're only getting 15-17/game max. But for example rn I'm running a Kings save and Lafreniere has been at almost 70 in his second and third season. Paired him with Hughes and Kupari and after his first season I took over tactics to go overload on minutes so he's around 17-20

Aahlstroem

På Legenders Axlar
Dec 7, 2012
Göteborg
And now I'm done with the 18/19 update for my NHL pack, I'll add prospects for the 2019 draft the coming days.
Prospects for the 2019 and 2020 drafts added. I've added as many as possible of the ones considered top prospects at Elite Prospects, for the 2019 draft I've added some additional prospects. The pack can be found in the steam workshop.

Swedish prospects will be added in the Swedish pack.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Prospects for the 2019 and 2020 drafts added. I've added as many as possible of the ones considered top prospects at Elite Prospects, for the 2019 draft I've added some additional prospects. The pack can be found in the steam workshop.

Swedish prospects will be added in the Swedish pack.

Sweet, great job!

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
v3.14: Pretty substantial update for this one. Lots of league structure and club updates (not necessarily player/staff updates) but fixed up a lot of leagues around the world and added even more depth.

Download:

Steam: Steam Workshop :: [2018-19] xECK29x's Premier Pivot Rosters (v3.14)
Non-Steam: Dropbox - xECK29x-Rosters-v3.14.zip

Logo Pack:
Steam: Steam Workshop :: Logo Pack (v1.7) for xECK29x's Premier Pivot Rosters (by Dani9 + BKArchitect)
Non-Steam: Dropbox - xECK29x-Logos-v1.8.zip

NHL/AHL Updates:
- Dallas/Texas (attendance, club records, player records, rivals, staff and players)
- Columbus/Cleveland (attendance, arena, club records, player records, rivals, staff and players)

ECHL Updates:
- Idaho (attendance, club records, player records, rivals, staff and players)

British Updates:
- Updated EIHL and SNL structure (removed Edinburgh and Kilmarnock Storm and Moray Typhoons dispersed players/staff), updated EIHL schedule for 2018-19, teams not yet updated
- Removed SNL from human play-ability (for now, needs reworking)

Finnish Updates:
- Updated Mestis and Suomi-Sarja league clubs and structure, needs further testing for human play-ability
- Retired JYP-Akatemia, KJT, KJT Miehet, Uleåborg and Kiekkokopla

German Updates:
Some major Germany club and structure overhauls, should help breathe a lot of new life into these leagues, especially for generating junior talent!
- Updated all DEL/DEL2 affiliations
- Added/updated attendance, club histories, club records, retired numbers, player records and staff for Deutsche Eishockey Liga (thanks ESHMfan01!)
- Added U17 and U17 2 leagues and retired U16 teams - updated club names, reputations, colors and affiliations
- Updated DNL and DNL 2 from U19 to U20, updated club names, reputations, colors and affiliations
- Added DNL 3, added clubs and affiliations
- Promoted Deggendorfer SC to DEL 2 and demoted SC Riessersee to Oberliga
- Updated Regionalliga clubs and divisons, made Bayernliga a division of Regionalliga, updated reputations
- Added Deutsche Subregional Leagues (Germany 5), made up of smaller leagues (Amateur) - retired a lot of old teams

Slovakian Updates:
- Fixed scheduling issue for 1.Liga, should now be completely human playable! Thanks DaiSzai!

Swedish Updates:
- Implemented large amounts of updates to players/staff in the SHL/HockeyAllsvenskan/HockeyEttan - HUGE thanks to Aahlstroem and Systemfels!
- Updated HockeyEttan clubs and divisions, including changes to reputations, human-playable again! Will require testing, relegation/playoffs still needs testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad