Eastside Hockey Manager - Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterMatt25

Nov 19, 2014
Montreal
@BKarchitect my friend tried the Seattle 32 database, but every time he got to the settings page, the game crashed without an error message. Is this just a problem with his computer? Or is there a way around this?

Apologies if this is a bother

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
@BKarchitect my friend tried the Seattle 32 database, but every time he got to the settings page, the game crashed without an error message. Is this just a problem with his computer? Or is there a way around this?

Apologies if this is a bother

They might have a league selected that is causing this. The British leagues were an issue in the last version - the issue has been fixed for the next release but for now ask what leagues they are trying to use maybe?

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
v3.16 and Logo Pack v1.10 Released:

Download:

Steam: Steam Workshop :: [2018-19] xECK29x's Premier Pivot Rosters (v3.16)
Non-Steam: Dropbox - xECK29x-Rosters-v3.16.zip

Logo Pack:
Steam: Steam Workshop :: Logo Pack (v1.10) for xECK29x's Premier Pivot Rosters (by Dani9 + BKArchitect)
Non-Steam: Dropbox - xECK29x-Logos-1.10.zip

General Updates:
- Promoted Kazakhstan to World Championships for WJ20 (will have to be included in WC pool as well, game is strictly based on IIHF score to be added to pool)
- Updated IIHF scores from: IIHF - World Ranking
- Updated IIHF tournament eligibility from: IIHF - Tournaments
- WJC U20 updates:
-- Teams: Slovakia, Kazakhstan, Denmark, Switzerland, Canada, Russia

Database Optimization:
- Removed some of the 2018 forced retirements and moved/removed a bunch of the retired numbers from the extra_config.cfg to the database directly to reduce potential crashes. This file may need further optimization, **if you get a crash at 'Creating Shortlists' let me know**

NHL/AHL Updates:
- Latest notable trades, waiver claims and contract extensions
- HUGE thanks to LegendOFme for helping with adding 2017-18 career histories to NHL/AHL players! These are now complete!
- Colorado Avalanche (attendance, player records, retired numbers, players & staff)
- Colorado Eagles (attendance, player & club records, retired numbers, players & staff)
- Utah Grizzles (player & club records, rivals, players & staff)

Europe-at-large Updates:
- Changed Germany and Finland financial numbers to balance out Europe more realistically - thanks Aalstrom!
- Gave all clubs in EBEL, DEL, Liiga, SHL, Czech Tipsport and Swiss League maximum budgets at start, this is similar to how I have the NHL set. I know it may not be realistic but I believe it will be more fun in the long run if there isn't hard coded parity in the sim. Let desire to spend and financial constraints be limited based on ownership traits, market size and fan support.
- Added European University Hockey League (EUHL)
- Removed Alps Hockey League from human-playability, the league does not seem to function properly, teams automatically drop 90% of the players, have to investigate and re-build. Also I don't think this was very popular with the player-base.

Canadian Updates:
- Finally implemented 2018-19 68 game WHL schedule
- Updated CJHL transfer rules (underage/overage player counts) - thanks MrGeeky!
- Added Ligue Nord-Américaine du Hockey as human-playable again, changed Berlin to St-Jerome and fully updated - thanks Matee!
- Added transactions from QMJHL trade deadline still have to review draft picks - thanks MrGeeky!
- Added player histories to Hamilton Bulldogs, Kingston Frontenacs, Kitchener Rangers + London Knights players - thanks Trajan!

Germany Updates:
- DEL players/staff updated - thanks ppaalloo!

Austrian Updates:
- Re-updated players/staff for EBEL - Thanks ppaalloo!
- Added club history for EBEL clubs - Thanks ESHMfan01!

Czech Updates:
- Updated several club names for all levels and added clubs to Czech Krajské hokejové - thanks Matee!

Finnish Updates:
- Removed Suomi-Sarja from human-playability as a new structure and schedule needs to be created, relegation between Liiga/Mestis/Suomi-Sarja still functions.

Russian Updates:
- Added several future arena moves (Sibir, Avangard, Avtomobilist and Spartak) as well as some other KHL changes - thanks Alessandro!
- Removed Russian National Junior Hockey League from human-playability

Swiss Updates:
- Updated Swiss National League (NLA)/ Swiss League (NLB) players & staff - thanks ppaalloo
- Updated MySports teams
- Renamed Swiss First Division to Swiss 1. Amateur Regio League
- Renamed Swiss Second Division to Swiss 2. Amateur Regio League

Slovenian Updates:
- Updated all Slovenian players/staff in the DB! - thanks Matee!

Slovakian Updates:
- Thank you ppaalloo for all of the following:
- Re-updated players/staff for Tipsport Extraliga and St. Nicolaus League
- Updated club names of several teams
- Updated/retired lots of Slovakian players/staff

Polish Updates:
- Thank you Matee for all of the following:
- Updated Polish club names, added Polska Hokej Liga as human-playable
- Retired a few clubs which are no longer active
- Renamed Polish First League to Polish 1. Liga
- Updated players/staff for PZHL and 1.Liga
- Updated all Polish players/staff in the DB!

Swedish Updates:
- Updated Swedish J20 SuperElit transfer rules removing the foreign player restrictions - thanks Aalstrom!

Kazakhstan Updates:
- Added U18 division and clubs/affiliations

Danish Updates:
- Changed name of Danish First Division to Danish 1. Division

Last edited:

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
This didn't make the update but it looks like I may have finally figured out how to get AHL/ECHL AI GMs to actually sign players. Looks like they just needed some financial restrictions removed! Will do some more testing and include in the next update but early testing looks promising.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Ok guys.

Im now in June 2144.

What's record?

I was in 2155 , but then:

Roster_Manager_error.jpg.2ff97cc70f561ee86060400d43456a27.jpg

Didnt played the game again. Im waiting for the 1.5 Patch (maybe 1.6 ??). Then i will start again.

Reactions: AdamParrot

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
Maybe that is only a my game. Did you saw any error windows, when you played your game?
Only one. In 2132 or something but game still went and go. Else nothing.

And I used editor so much for expansion teans, retired numbers, new generational talents, new stadiums etc

MasterMatt25

Nov 19, 2014
Montreal
They might have a league selected that is causing this. The British leagues were an issue in the last version - the issue has been fixed for the next release but for now ask what leagues they are trying to use maybe?
They had all leagues selected. They removed Great Britain leagues and it worked.Thanks :D
Now they keep crashing when trying to add a player to a trade, specifically when trading with the Devils, do you know what may be causing this?

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
I like how you have the Hounds in the WHL...did some customization? :nod:

Yeah I did. I've managed so many CHL teams already over the years so I like to mix things up a bit. Put some Jr. A or Jr. B teams in the CHL just to have something different.

I like how you can manage Jr. A teams now so I put ND in the WHL and transferred Swift Current to the SJHL and have them be my affiliate. I'm managing both teams and it's a lot of fun trying to keep both teams competitive.

Reactions: BKarchitect

dellzor

Bo Horvat's Head
Nov 21, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Pushed a small patch to the Steam version, includes a few fixes (Robin Lehner's contract) and the latest NHL moves.
I noticed in your databases Derrick Pouliot is overtuned (imo, he's too good (#2 D) but irl he's actually super bad. I also noticed that Tyler Madden isn't as good (albeit I can see it as it's his D+1 year but he's got 20 pts in 18 games in the NCAA in his D+1)

Edit: Also noticed Dylan Cozens is projected to go top 5-10 IRL but drops to #30, same with Bowen Byram who's projected to go top 10 but drops all the way to the 4th round.

Brayden Point IMO seems pretty ass for some reason (40-50 point center) when in reality he's a PPG player.

Last edited:

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
I noticed in your databases Derrick Pouliot is overtuned (imo, he's too good (#2 D) but irl he's actually super bad. I also noticed that Tyler Madden isn't as good (albeit I can see it as it's his D+1 year but he's got 20 pts in 18 games in the NCAA in his D+1)

Edit: Also noticed Dylan Cozens is projected to go top 5-10 IRL but drops to #30, same with Bowen Byram who's projected to go top 10 but drops all the way to the 4th round.

Brayden Point IMO seems pretty ass for some reason (40-50 point center) when in reality he's a PPG player.

I still haven’t overhauled all the NHL teams yet. A lot of the ratings are still from last year, same with the 2019 draft class, I plan to start tuning that up when the final rankings start to come out.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
So just for experimental purposes, months ago I made a 39 year old Mongolian have all 20s in his attributes besides his skating, acceleration, stamina, etc.

For some reason, his new-gen counterpart can’t seem to stay on a team for more than two seasons until he ‘retires from professional hockey’ as a 19/20 year old. Would this ‘superstar’ still be cycled through the regen process? Or would his creation be different?

Is anyone able to help me to answer this? I keep trying to experiment but it keeps failing lol

Nino33

Jul 5, 2015
So just for experimental purposes, months ago I made a 39 year old Mongolian have all 20s in his attributes besides his skating, acceleration, stamina, etc.

For some reason, his new-gen counterpart can’t seem to stay on a team for more than two seasons until he ‘retires from professional hockey’ as a 19/20 year old. Would this ‘superstar’ still be cycled through the regen process? Or would his creation be different?
You say you created a 39 year old player who retires at age 18/19 HaHa

Have you ever checked with the EHM Assistant to see what the Attributes are in game after you've started? The game has "sanity checks" so you can't just give players any ratings you want (the game will change things at startup) - for a bunch of 20s you'd likely need the player to be an adult and have a CA of one of the top players worldwide.

The Player Role also affects things (such as causing the game to reduce ratings for the Non-Essential/Irrelevant Attributes if they're to high); also, if you don't have a Player Role set the game will select one and that can significantly change the Attributes. And I'm not sure "partially completed" Attributes work out so well (if things aren't inputted within reason, or they're not completely inputted, the game doesn't necessarily work with what you've given it without changing anything)

In the TBL Data Editing Forum I've explained what I learned from testing and/or what I learned from Riz - for example, the "EHM:EA Attribute testing" thread EHM:EA Attribute testing - Page 2 - EHM The Blue Line will tell you which Attributes in development never change in game, which change only a bit over time, and which change the most; there's also threads of mine with explanations/testing regarding the Player Roles and Key/Essential/Non-Essential/Irrelevant Attributes & a small editing guide too

Also, Attributes don't just connect to CA they also connect to age (some Attributes simply can't be extremely high for a young lower CA player, some can)

Is anyone able to help me to answer this? I keep trying to experiment but it keeps failing lol
Have you created a whole hockey system in his country of origin? I don't think just creating a young free agent player from a non-hockey country is enough (especially if they aren't starting on a team, don't have anywhere to play in their home country, and have low ratings in certain relevant Attributes such as Adaptability (ability to play outside their home country) and Ambition (desire to play/develop)

Maybe if you put the player on a team in a hockey country to start (in the database ensure the Contracted To/Playing For is filled in) and give a high PA and high ratings in Adaptability and Determination, Ambition and Pressure as well

The 20s in Attributes are not really a focus (they don't really help get what you want)...because of age and Player Role/Attribute types (Key/Essential/Non-Essential/Irrelevant), in many/most cases those Attributes will be changed to fit player's age and CA (while considering Player Role)

P.S. The regen system is different in EHM1 than it was before, and Riz told me that pretty much everything might be changed with a regen...so while PA and country of origin may be likely not to change, it's not guaranteed (and if there's nowhere for the player to play in their home country and their Adaptability/Ambition are low I can see why they'd never develop/reach a high PA and end up retiring early)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->