Eastside Hockey Manager - Part IX Maybe 1.5 Edition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Hmmm, I'll have to think this European superleague concept over. It could be really cool but also seems fantastically unrealistic. It would destroy a lot of regional rivalries not to mention the travel would be completely absurd. Also, in a way, isn't the CHL (and Continental Cup) intended to be the continental competition that lets you test your team against others across Europe? Plus the database already has a new fake competition that pits the CHL, CC and KHL winners against each other to crown a "Champion of Europe".

That said, now the creative juices are flowing...I wonder...perhaps each country has a short domestic competition at the beginning of the hockey season and all teams get entered into a massive, tiered European Super League. The domestic season would be stand-alone and have no affect on the Super League. The Super League would have promotion and demotion between levels with the Tier 1 playoff winner obviously being crowned Kings of Europe. Rules would definitely have to be streamlined for the Super League. Not sure how I'd deal with restrictions like minimum domestic players for such a wide-spanning league - probably eliminate them in the Super League but keep them where they exist in domestic leagues. The domestic leagues may have to be more Cup style given limited amount of time and large amounts of teams. Also I'd probably eliminate the CHL and Continental Cup in this world as they would seem rather pointless.

No guarantees any of this would work but let's explore it! Give me some more ideas guys, on how you think this might work or more suggestions!

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
What do you guys think about starting some kind of funding campaign for new EHM release ? I think given the player base and strong community EHM has it could be successful and I am sure everybody who has EHM in their Steam library would donate some money.

bashbros32

Jan 12, 2014
Brockville, Ontario
What do you guys think about starting some kind of funding campaign for new EHM release ? I think given the player base and strong community EHM has it could be successful and I am sure everybody who has EHM in their Steam library would donate some money.

I mean based on play time alone I almost feel like I should drop like 2-500 bucks on this game aha! I've been playing EHM since EHM 07 about 3ish years before the current release, I've spent full pop on every FHM game since 3 just to support those boys cause I know the potential is there... I'd be more than willing to do the same for EHM, a yearly "new release campaign" if you will.

also @xECK29x that did the trick, i'm back in operation lol! Thanks!

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

I don't really care about a new EHM release. What I care about is Riz receiving some help so he can finish this version.

Then we can talk about a new game.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY

Unfortunately it has nothing to do with funding, it’s just a pure lack of support from SI Games.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
If you like EHM, dont get OOTP because it will make it hard to go back, even if Baseball isnt your favorite sport (my least favorite team sport)

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
I have a patch ready for Pivot, I'm wearing to hear from Riz or Archi to get some help on a league structure issue I'm running into with J20 Nationell not drawing teams properly for the finals, if I don't hear from them I may just pull it out temporarily.

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Reactions: Darkauron

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
V14 is up! We're making changes to have the superstars more random and we'll see more guys last in the KHL ect. Sign up! Would love to see a lot of interest in this one

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Unfortunately it has nothing to do with funding, it’s just a pure lack of support from SI Games.

I am surprised they haven’t gone to another publisher/developer tbh.

it’s clear SI doesn’t want to put any resources into it.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Riz would have to quit his job, find a new one in another company that wants a hockey sim game and start from scratch. Not going to happen.

Ah, Riz works for SI? I’m not sure what the structure is.

Shame.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
v5.2 of Pivot Posted:

Sorry for the long delay between updates, will do some major touchups to the major leagues around the world in the next update.

Change list:

General Updates:
- Latest NHL/AHL/ECHL transactions and other notable transactions world-wide
- Columbus Blue Jackets, Detroit Red Wings, Nashville Predators and New Jersey Devils (players/staff + RFAs/prospects re-rated)
-- Sorry Blues and Caps fans, I will finish your teams up shortly I promise!
- Updated various US club colors -- thanks Dani9!!

British Updates:
- Updated EIHL player history records -- thanks ESHMfan01!!

Canadian Updates:
- Added QCHL D2, updated clubs in Nova Scotia U15 Major Hockey League and updated QMJHL staff
- Fixed OHL and QMJHL schedule templates -- thanks kev26!!

Croatian Updates:
- Added back league structure for main league, filled out roster and added career histories -- thanks pukovnik!!

Czech Updates:
- Updated 2. Liga and Junioska Liga Akademii staff -- thanks Bobbitt01

Finnish Updates:
- Updated Liiga/Mestis/Suomi-Sarja/U20 SM-Sarja staff -- thanks Bobbitt01!!

German Updates:
- Added missing career histories for 2019-20 season for DEL/DEL2
- Added U15 division and affiliations and updated club reputations for U20/17/15

Italian Updates:
- Updated IHL staff -- thanks Bobbitt01!!

Polish Updates:
- Updated clubs, players/staff and Polska 1. Liga league rules (changed to Amateur league) and updated affiliation types -- thanks Matee (welcome back)!!!
- Updated PHL and 1. Liga league structures -- thanks Matee!!
- Added some career histories for PZHL/1.Liga (WIP)

Russian Updates:
- Updated KHL fixture rule for foreign players -- thanks hedoroman1!!

Swedish Updates:
- Removed J20 Nationell from being playable, needs additional troubleshooting to fix an issue -- thanks FL22 and others for the report and save games
- Various CA/PA, position and staff updates in SHL/Allsvenksan and J20 Nationell -- thanks Aalstroem!!
- Updated J20 Region staff -- thanks Bobbitt01!!
- Added hybrid icing to SHL playoffs and fixed multiple arena sizes -- thanks Th0rsM!!

Swiss Updates:
- Updated staff for MySports, NL and SL -- thanks Bobbitt01!!
- Updated NL player history records -- thanks ESHMfan01!!

United States Updates:
- Updated ECHL player history records -- thanks ESHMfan01!!

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
v5.2 of Pivot Posted:

I'm getting CTD every time I try to start a new game with 5.2... any tricks I need to know (i.e. Large v. Full Database, disabling extra players, etc.) to get this to work? I'm just trying to play with NHL on Enhanced and AHL/ECHL on View-Only.

EDIT: It kept crashing to desktop in the Initializing Game Data phase when "Retain All Teams" was selected. Unchecking that seemed to clear it up.

Last edited:

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
v5.2 of Pivot Posted:

Sorry for the long delay between updates, will do some major touchups to the major leagues around the world in the next update.

Change list:

General Updates:
- Latest NHL/AHL/ECHL transactions and other notable transactions world-wide
- Columbus Blue Jackets, Detroit Red Wings, Nashville Predators and New Jersey Devils (players/staff + RFAs/prospects re-rated)
-- Sorry Blues and Caps fans, I will finish your teams up shortly I promise!
- Updated various US club colors -- thanks Dani9!!

British Updates:
- Updated EIHL player history records -- thanks ESHMfan01!!

Canadian Updates:
- Added QCHL D2, updated clubs in Nova Scotia U15 Major Hockey League and updated QMJHL staff
- Fixed OHL and QMJHL schedule templates -- thanks kev26!!

Croatian Updates:
- Added back league structure for main league, filled out roster and added career histories -- thanks pukovnik!!

Czech Updates:
- Updated 2. Liga and Junioska Liga Akademii staff -- thanks Bobbitt01

Finnish Updates:
- Updated Liiga/Mestis/Suomi-Sarja/U20 SM-Sarja staff -- thanks Bobbitt01!!

German Updates:
- Added missing career histories for 2019-20 season for DEL/DEL2
- Added U15 division and affiliations and updated club reputations for U20/17/15

Italian Updates:
- Updated IHL staff -- thanks Bobbitt01!!

Polish Updates:
- Updated clubs, players/staff and Polska 1. Liga league rules (changed to Amateur league) and updated affiliation types -- thanks Matee (welcome back)!!!
- Updated PHL and 1. Liga league structures -- thanks Matee!!
- Added some career histories for PZHL/1.Liga (WIP)

Russian Updates:
- Updated KHL fixture rule for foreign players -- thanks hedoroman1!!

Swedish Updates:
- Removed J20 Nationell from being playable, needs additional troubleshooting to fix an issue -- thanks FL22 and others for the report and save games
- Various CA/PA, position and staff updates in SHL/Allsvenksan and J20 Nationell -- thanks Aalstroem!!
- Updated J20 Region staff -- thanks Bobbitt01!!
- Added hybrid icing to SHL playoffs and fixed multiple arena sizes -- thanks Th0rsM!!

Swiss Updates:
- Updated staff for MySports, NL and SL -- thanks Bobbitt01!!
- Updated NL player history records -- thanks ESHMfan01!!

United States Updates:
- Updated ECHL player history records -- thanks ESHMfan01!!

Ahh now I gotta recreate all EHM v14 new prospects using this . But I don’t mind if it’s an update

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
EDIT: It kept crashing to desktop in the Initializing Game Data phase when "Retain All Teams" was selected. Unchecking that seemed to clear it up.

Yea I guess it’s a bug or something I did a test sim with it checked and it worked, I’m so sick of the bugs in the game.

Update: Appears to be the record_config file, I pulled it entirely.

Last edited:

bashbros32

Jan 12, 2014
Brockville, Ontario
just a quick note @xECK29x not sure if its too big of a deal or not.

Anders Nilsson on Ottawa is still currently experiencing concussion related symptoms, the consensus around the sens board is that he wont be playing 2020-21.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad