Eastside Hockey Manager - Part IX Maybe 1.5 Edition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
How many teams remaining do you have to update ECK? Been on a 4 month hiatus for school but wanna get back into it for winter break.

I am all done with NHL organization re-rates, working on the WJC rosters then I'll post another smaller update. Larger world-wide refresh in January + first TBL release for 2020-21.

Before anyone asks I have ZERO intention of changing the NHL league structure for this one season right now, no realignment or schedule changes, just not worth the effort IMO.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
I am all done with NHL organization re-rates, working on the WJC rosters then I'll post another smaller update. Larger world-wide refresh in January + first TBL release for 2020-21.

Before anyone asks I have ZERO intention of changing the NHL league structure for this one season right now, no realignment or schedule changes, just not worth the effort IMO.

Will you return EHT, EIHC and other NT tournaments in next update, or will it wait till 1.5 is out ? :)

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
One thing that shocked me (in negative way) is that I didn't get "fans celebrating getting Ilya Sorokin", after I signed him for 21/22 season in my Rogle (SHL) save. Odd, since this message used to pop-up for lesser signings...

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
One thing that shocked me (in negative way) is that I didn't get "fans celebrating getting Ilya Sorokin", after I signed him for 21/22 season in my Rogle (SHL) save. Odd, since this message used to pop-up for lesser signings...

The EHM news system could use a complete overhaul to be honest. It’s hard to play a newer version of FM with all the interactive press releases and then go back to EHM with its random and at times completely non-sensical “news”. Frankly I pretty much ignore it all.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
The EHM news system could use a complete overhaul to be honest. It’s hard to play a newer version of FM with all the interactive press releases and then go back to EHM with its random and at times completely non-sensical “news”. Frankly I pretty much ignore it all.

This is why I elude to play FM, because getting back to EHM would be like entering stone age... :(

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
There is a hope...maybe not just for 1.5.....

risto.png

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
That’s exciting...Riz is not one to go around promoting things. We all know he’s been working on 1.5 when he’s had the time but this post is promising - at least he is letting the small but dedicated base of EHM fans know he’s still on it!

Steam spy says EHM is between 100.000 and 200.000 owners. Hopefully 1.5 update will make another influx of new players (buyers) which may encourage SI to give green light for new version. :) Hey, it's Christmas time, one can hope !

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
Steam spy says EHM is between 100.000 and 200.000 owners. Hopefully 1.5 update will make another influx of new players (buyers) which may encourage SI to give green light for new version. :) Hey, it's Christmas time, one can hope !
Glad to see it might happen.

Is steam the only platform it’s on ?

also can I use the editor on Mac ? Anyone know ?

archibalduk

EHM The Blue Line
Oct 29, 2005
England
Glad to see it might happen.

Is steam the only platform it’s on ?

also can I use the editor on Mac ? Anyone know ?

Yes Steam is the only way of getting the game. I believe it's possible to use PlayOnMac(or similar) to run Steam and the game. It may also be possible to run the Editor this way. Unfortunately I can't build a Mac version of the Editor as I don't have a Mac.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Yes Steam is the only way of getting the game. I believe it's possible to use PlayOnMac(or similar) to run Steam and the game. It may also be possible to run the Editor this way. Unfortunately I can't build a Mac version of the Editor as I don't have a Mac.

Being your editor is a portable app with all the needed libraries (besides the VB redistributable) in a single folder it is likely it could run on Mac using Wine: How to Run Windows Programs on a Mac With Wine (howtogeek.com)

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
Fair enough,

I managed to boot up the old pc, for some reason can’t find the new rosters to edit. I’ve subscribed to them.

Matt UK

Mar 31, 2012
Wales, UK
Then you play OOTP and despite liking baseball the least out of major sports, it keeps me coming back because its leagues ahead of FHM and EHM.

EHM has so much potential but honestly, I've well and truly converted over to FHM, especially since the most recent incarnations of the game. I used to love EHM, but the game speed, dated interface and lack of official updates (yes, I know it's one guy but it literally takes years), has just put me off EHM sadly.

A polished up to date EHM would beat FHM imo, but realistically it's highly unlikely to happen.

The community keep the game alive but the best thing that could happen to EHM, would be for someone to buy the licence and re-launch/update it.

bashbros32

Jan 12, 2014
Brockville, Ontario
EHM has so much potential but honestly, I've well and truly converted over to FHM, especially since the most recent incarnations of the game. I used to love EHM, but the game speed, dated interface and lack of official updates (yes, I know it's one guy but it literally takes years), has just put me off EHM sadly.

A polished up to date EHM would beat FHM imo, but realistically it's highly unlikely to happen.

The community keep the game alive but the best thing that could happen to EHM, would be for someone to buy the licence and re-launch/update it.

I agree with the sentiment, but unfortunately I don't think there is anyone in the gaming space who is: A-Interested enough to purchase the IP and B-Dedicated to a hockey video game enough to soak up the fact that the game just doesn't sell well enough for the owners of the IP to care...

Riz seems to care, and pretty deeply at that, he seems very passionate about it, but it doesn't generate enough income for Sports Interactive to even give him dedicated WORKING hours to work on it... Unless things have changed.

Matt UK

Mar 31, 2012
Wales, UK
Yes agree, my comment wasn't aimed as a criticism of Riz whatsoever, so hope it didn't read that way.

I was just posting from my perspective as a frustrated fan of the game.

It really is the hope that kills you with EHM!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad