Eastside Hockey Manager - Part IX Maybe 1.5 Edition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Gonna be a while before I get an updated NHLX database out. After updating a bunch for 20-21, I just am running into too many bugs and also the database is just becoming very cluttered. So I'm taking the default 2016 EHM database, completely as is and faked and I'm going to rebuild the NHLX database from scratch with a completely clean and empty starting point.

This will let me focus on a "lighter" database that continues to have experimental NHL/NHL2 and worldwide leagues but probably won't drill down past 1-2 divisions in most countries. The goal is a wider range of represented countries and regions but less insanely detailed depth outside of North America. Once finished this should give me a easier platform for future updating and experimentation as well - hopefully free of bugs and clutter!

bashbros32

Jan 12, 2014
Brockville, Ontario
If they want to sign there, yes. Some players refuse even if you put them as key players.

that sucks... ok next question, is there a way to maybe lower a leagues reputation enough that the NHL wont poach players from it? For example I have a Canadian League, one of the teams signed some players who in a normal simulation would NEVER attract NHL attention, however if he has a decent season in the Canadian league, an NHL team always comes knocking.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
that sucks... ok next question, is there a way to maybe lower a leagues reputation enough that the NHL wont poach players from it? For example I have a Canadian League, one of the teams signed some players who in a normal simulation would NEVER attract NHL attention, however if he has a decent season in the Canadian league, an NHL team always comes knocking.

Yea you can do that, you would have to lower the NHL Competition reputation to something below the league you want higher (lower from 20 to x, raise other league(s) from x to 20/19/18 etc). You would then need to lower all the club reputations.

Reactions: bashbros32

bashbros32

Jan 12, 2014
Brockville, Ontario
Yea you can do that, you would have to lower the NHL Competition reputation to something below the league you want higher (lower from 20 to x, raise other league(s) from x to 20/19/18 etc). You would then need to lower all the club reputations.

man that seems so backwards to me haha. cause I don't want to make the league MORE attractive than the NHL, just I don't think it would be very realistic for the Tampa Bay Lightning to poach Matt freaking Puempel from the Canadian league, when if he were to sign with an AHL team or overseas, they never would even consider him.

H3ckt1k

Jan 9, 2015
Pshh I have over 2000 myself on steam and I'm not on that list! 0/10
Yeah I don't know how it works so I figured there would be a lot of people missing, I'm curious to see if anybody is close cause the closest I've seen is 14k hours

bashbros32

Jan 12, 2014
Brockville, Ontario
Yeah I don't know how it works so I figured there would be a lot of people missing, I'm curious to see if anybody is close cause the closest I've seen is 14k hours

yeah my steam claims 15k hours, but thats a TON of testing and sims that I'll let play out for 20 or so years so I just let my pc sim it for a few days at a time.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
Anyone know where I can find and download pack that consists National teams logos (not just flags) ? I knew there were link on TBL few years ago, but I can't find it anymore :(

filip85

Feb 7, 2017

Didn't check it, but maybe it has to do something with your profile being private or public to other steam members/friends.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Anyone know where I can find and download pack that consists National teams logos (not just flags) ? I knew there were link on TBL few years ago, but I can't find it anymore :(

If you find the link on TBL it should still be on the OneDrive Archi owns, do you have the thread with the link?

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
New little league experiment I am playing with. While "streamlining" leagues for my NHLX database, I noticed how mixed the central European clubs were in the various leagues that exist in that region: the ICE (formerly EBEL) Austrian league has Italian, Slovakian and Hungarian teams, the Slovakian Extraliga has Hungarian teams, the AlpsHL is split between Austria and Italy and the Hungarian-based Erste Liga has Romanian teams. Add to this mixture a wide-range of club reputations and ambitions between internation borders and the thought dawned on me - what about a multi-tiered Central European superleague?

The result is a multi-national system of leagues with promotion and demotion. The umbrella league name I've called this is the Europa League. It consist of four tiers - each tier is based upon an existing league and headquartered in a different country:

Tier 1: Europa ICE Hockey League (Austria)
Tier 2: Europa Tipos Extraliga (Slovakia)
Tier 3: Europa Alps Hockey League (Italy)
Tier 4: Europa Erste Liga (Hungary)

1e81dead0b1cda70cf833f43a4e67578.png

4239495acfcb5ce0108ee92be9addfab.png

c66ad3d99859ddf906a6cef8b6a648fe.png

9b8d137a4d4906ea9471822e4a3cd484.png

Each tier consists of 15 teams from Austria, Slovakia, Italy, Hungary and Romania plus I threw in new expansion flagship teams in Poland (Legia Warszawa) and Ukraine (Dynamo Kyiv) to round things out at a total of 60 clubs that span Central Europe.

The idea is that the top tier (ICE) gets a bump up into the DEL/Czech range of reputation by adding ambitious clubs like Slovan Bratislava and the top tier traditional Extraliga teams to the top Austrian clubs like Red Bull Salzburg and Klagenfurter. Each tier down has a slightly lower reputation and financials. But there are standardized league rules throughout all four tiers.

The bottom two clubs in each league face off in a 7 game series with the loser being automatically demoted. Likewise, at the top of Tiers 2, 3 and 4 - there isn't a traditional playoff rather the top two clubs at the end of the regular season play a 7-game series with the winner automatically promoted. This is done to encourage a regular flow of promotion and demotion between the levels.

Testing is going well so far but I'm waiting to run some longer sims to see the long-term affects! I think the multi-national league span with promotion and demotion is a unique concept in the EHM world!

Here's the initial league line-ups:

c3a354419d81a20c57b889f6ba1027fa.png

a50dcdb0560c16ab915acf854d6ab5d7.png

d5a3d0e4bbec9c337344db83f205212a.png

93fa1839272e55321895bf0d35f1e599.png

dellzor

Bo Horvat's Head
Nov 21, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Gonna be a while before I get an updated NHLX database out. After updating a bunch for 20-21, I just am running into too many bugs and also the database is just becoming very cluttered. So I'm taking the default 2016 EHM database, completely as is and faked and I'm going to rebuild the NHLX database from scratch with a completely clean and empty starting point.

This will let me focus on a "lighter" database that continues to have experimental NHL/NHL2 and worldwide leagues but probably won't drill down past 1-2 divisions in most countries. The goal is a wider range of represented countries and regions but less insanely detailed depth outside of North America. Once finished this should give me a easier platform for future updating and experimentation as well - hopefully free of bugs and clutter!
damn guess i'm going mia till then :(

bashbros32

Jan 12, 2014
Brockville, Ontario
so... I may have messed something up major...

I fiddled with my resolution settings on my new monitor, and it killed my ability to open EHM, even after setting everything back to normal, uninstalling and reinstalling the game... I validated all my files and everything, but it has that issue where it seems to split the game into 2 separate instances but it wont display anything.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
New little league experiment I am playing with. While "streamlining" leagues for my NHLX database, I noticed how mixed the central European clubs were in the various leagues that exist in that region: the ICE (formerly EBEL) Austrian league has Italian, Slovakian and Hungarian teams, the Slovakian Extraliga has Hungarian teams, the AlpsHL is split between Austria and Italy and the Hungarian-based Erste Liga has Romanian teams. Add to this mixture a wide-range of club reputations and ambitions between internation borders and the thought dawned on me - what about a multi-tiered Central European superleague?

The result is a multi-national system of leagues with promotion and demotion. The umbrella league name I've called this is the Europa League. It consist of four tiers - each tier is based upon an existing league and headquartered in a different country:

1e81dead0b1cda70cf833f43a4e67578.png

4239495acfcb5ce0108ee92be9addfab.png

c66ad3d99859ddf906a6cef8b6a648fe.png

9b8d137a4d4906ea9471822e4a3cd484.png

Each tier consists of 15 teams from Austria, Slovakia, Italy, Hungary and Romania plus I threw in new expansion flagship teams in Poland (Legia Warszawa) and Ukraine (Dynamo Kyiv) to round things out at a total of 60 clubs that span Central Europe.

The idea is that the top tier (ICE) gets a bump up into the DEL/Czech range of reputation by adding ambitious clubs like Slovan Bratislava and the top tier traditional Extraliga teams to the top Austrian clubs like Red Bull Salzburg and Klagenfurter. Each tier down has a slightly lower reputation and financials. But there are standardized league rules throughout all four tiers.

The bottom two clubs in each league face off in a 7 game series with the loser being automatically demoted. Likewise, at the top of Tiers 2, 3 and 4 - there isn't a traditional playoff rather the top two clubs at the end of the regular season play a 7-game series with the winner automatically promoted. This is done to encourage a regular flow of promotion and demotion between the levels.

Testing is going well so far but I'm waiting to run some longer sims to see the long-term affects! I think the multi-national league span with promotion and demotion is a unique concept in the EHM world!

Here's the initial league line-ups:

c3a354419d81a20c57b889f6ba1027fa.png

a50dcdb0560c16ab915acf854d6ab5d7.png

d5a3d0e4bbec9c337344db83f205212a.png

93fa1839272e55321895bf0d35f1e599.png

Would be interesting to see how long it would take to make a tier 4 team into a tier 1 champion.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
so... I may have messed something up major...

I fiddled with my resolution settings on my new monitor, and it killed my ability to open EHM, even after setting everything back to normal, uninstalling and reinstalling the game... I validated all my files and everything, but it has that issue where it seems to split the game into 2 separate instances but it wont display anything.

Did you try clearing out the SI Games folder in My Documents? I believe the game config settings are kept there.

Anybody else played with the 5.1.1 ECK roster and find the 2021 and 2022 drafts extremely weak?

They should be at this point as those draft classes aren't really fleshed out outside the first 100 or so players in 2021 and some notables for 2022.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Did you try clearing out the SI Games folder in My Documents? I believe the game config settings are kept there.

They should be at this point as those draft classes aren't really fleshed out outside the first 100 or so players in 2021 and some notables for 2022.

Right now, even the top10 in the draft are barely NHLers if at all in the games I had.

Impaulator

Nov 5, 2019
Hey BK, I love your new experiment! Btw, you should also create a junior league with these teams:)

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk

What about all Europe multilevel leagues? Including Sweden, Russia, Czech, Finland ... All countries including exotics like Spain, Turkey... With ups and downs.

Reactions: Impaulator

Impaulator

Nov 5, 2019
What about all Europe multilevel leagues? Including Sweden, Russia, Czech, Finland ... All countries including exotics like Spain, Turkey... With ups and downs.
This would be truly mindblowing. I'd spent another 1000 hours on that!

filip85

Feb 7, 2017

Hopefully he won't do it. I am spending too much time on computer anyway...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad