Eastside Hockey Manager - Part IX Maybe 1.5 Edition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bashbros32

Jan 12, 2014
Brockville, Ontario
is there a way to make a North American player play in Europe naturally? Like what Matthews did the year before his draft? I made multiple Canadians, set there junior preferences to Europe, even made there secondary nationality European, made there national team eligibility there European country, and they still played Junior in Canada, get drafted into the O,W or Q and play there junior hockey in those leagues.

Is there a way to do this naturally? or do you have to give there rights to a euro team and finagle it some other way?

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
is there a way to make a North American player play in Europe naturally? Like what Matthews did the year before his draft? I made multiple Canadians, set there junior preferences to Europe, even made there secondary nationality European, made there national team eligibility there European country, and they still played Junior in Canada, get drafted into the O,W or Q and play there junior hockey in those leagues.

Is there a way to do this naturally? or do you have to give there rights to a euro team and finagle it some other way?

Not supported unfortunately, it could be done by removing the geo-lock on loans. You can do this manually manually via EHM Assistant.

bashbros32

Jan 12, 2014
Brockville, Ontario
another editing question I suppose... is there a way to make a north american country based league completely rid of foreign players? I mean like making a canadian leauge where americans are considered foreign, or vice-versa. I'm trying to re-structure professional hockey in north america and one of my desires is to have an ECHL level canadian and american leauge, who play there own leagues and whatnot, but converge after there playoffs to play for a trophy against one another. Sort of like the NHL and PCHL did wayyyy back in the day for the stanley cup!

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
another editing question I suppose... is there a way to make a north american country based league completely rid of foreign players? I mean like making a canadian leauge where americans are considered foreign, or vice-versa. I'm trying to re-structure professional hockey in north america and one of my desires is to have an ECHL level canadian and american leauge, who play there own leagues and whatnot, but converge after there playoffs to play for a trophy against one another. Sort of like the NHL and PCHL did wayyyy back in the day for the stanley cup!

Yes, you can do this with Transfer Rules

bashbros32

Jan 12, 2014
Brockville, Ontario
Yes, you can do this with Transfer Rules

Ok, sorry to be such a pain! however, what line am I missing?

under the "transfer rules" tab

in the "Basic data" section I have the line "Max Foreign players in squad" set to 1

then in the "extra rules" section I have the line "fixture rule max foreign players" set to 1
and another extra rule "fixture rule max foreign players for domestic teams" set to 1

however my teams in canada are still signing multiple americans...

apologies again for being dumb with this stuff haha.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Ok, sorry to be such a pain! however, what line am I missing?

under the "transfer rules" tab

in the "Basic data" section I have the line "Max Foreign players in squad" set to 1

then in the "extra rules" section I have the line "fixture rule max foreign players" set to 1
and another extra rule "fixture rule max foreign players for domestic teams" set to 1

however my teams in canada are still signing multiple americans...

apologies again for being dumb with this stuff haha.

Not a problem, it's not easy and takes a lot of trial and error! Try also adding the rule "Foreign players for domestic teams based on national team eligibility" = true, this should block any other nationalities unless they have dual-citizenship with Canada.

bashbros32

Jan 12, 2014
Brockville, Ontario
Not a problem, it's not easy and takes a lot of trial and error! Try also adding the rule "Foreign players for domestic teams based on national team eligibility" = true, this should block any other nationalities unless they have dual-citizenship with Canada.

and of course you were exactly right! it always seems to be 1 line in 1 subsection of the editor that messes up everything your trying to do haha!

thanks so much!

Aahlstroem

På Legenders Axlar
Dec 7, 2012
Göteborg
I don't know how many people that play in the Swedish leagues when playing EHM, but I have updated my facepack for Sweden for the 20/21 season. It's available in the Steam workshop.

tUIQHYe.png
dFd3O9R.png
4gYbDeu.png

efiug

Aug 10, 2019
anyone know how the new waiver draft would work in 1.5? also wondering what it means when it says in historical databases, would this be a feature that isn't available for modern dbs?

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
You see players drop in the draft, but check #89
He was ranked as high as #4 throughout the season so this is pretty bizarre

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
You see players drop in the draft, but check #89
He was ranked as high as #4 throughout the season so this is pretty bizarre

I wonder what causes this. I've never seen players drop that low before, even unranked players are being chosen over ranked ones? Could it be a DB thing?

bashbros32

Jan 12, 2014
Brockville, Ontario
sorry if this has been asked and answered before, however, are there rules in the editor to force the NHL to honour contracts? or is that a hard coded NHL-KHL thing?

bashbros32

Jan 12, 2014
Brockville, Ontario
What do you mean by honor contracts, like disallow any offers?

So when you attempt to sign a player from the KHL that has a contract, doesnt the player usually play out the contract? Like say its until 2022 but you try to sign him in 2020, he would stay in Russia until his contract expired right? Or am I mistaken.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
So when you attempt to sign a player from the KHL that has a contract, doesnt the player usually play out the contract? Like say its until 2022 but you try to sign him in 2020, he would stay in Russia until his contract expired right? Or am I mistaken.

That's what I thought, yea this is the case for all European leagues actually unless the league allows a foreign release clause, you can find these in the Transfer Rules for the league. The rule for making contracts guaranteed may play into this a bit, along with having transfer windows, so if you attempt to sign someone in Europe usually they won't come over right away, you have to wait for the transfer window to open up, those can be changed (or removed entirely to allow transfers at any time).

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
That's what I thought, yea this is the case for all European leagues actually unless the league allows a foreign release clause, you can find these in the Transfer Rules for the league. The rule for making contracts guaranteed may play into this a bit, along with having transfer windows, so if you attempt to sign someone in Europe usually they won't come over right away, you have to wait for the transfer window to open up, those can be changed (or removed entirely to allow transfers at any time).

KHL guys sometimes sign right away in-game, even if they have 1 or more years remaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->