OT: Eastside Hockey Manager: Early Access

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I'm just coming up with more and more things to edit. I think I'm gonna stop after this last thing, which is to switch some AHL teams around (basically switch names between the Moose and the IceCaps, the Marlies and the Gulls, the Checkers and the Reign, and Americans and the Barracuda) and then completely switch their contracts around.

This won't fix the problem about the teams being in the wrong divisions, but I can't do anything about that since the AHL are adopting the NHL model NEXT season.

Should only take an hour, then I'll figure out how to upload it to a public OneDrive cloud and share it with whoever wants it!

That'll include the potential changes you made? I'm in make sure to post it here. Can't wait for Hellebuyck, Morrissey, Ehlers combo of Vezina, Norris, and Art Ross ;).

Seriously though post it here so we can download.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Romang, if McDavid isn't McJesus year 1, I question you.

It'll be interesting to see how that works out. He has the 2nd best CA in the CHL (I just now noticed that Duclair has an inexplicable 126 CA, but I'll fix that before uploading the files), and the only ones that are close are top picks from earlier drafts.

I believe that the EHM team said that they would improve the development of prospects, so as to avoid a team having to send McDavid and Eichel away from the NHL the season after drafting them. I haven't played for a while though, so I don't know how that worked out.

I'm play testing a bit now, but I have to do some school work, so I'll upload it way before I know how much McDavid is crushing the OHL this season.;)

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
And a good thing it was that I play tested. I think Holden would have been annoyed if he had to see Manchester Monarchs called "Manchers" all the time, no matter if he was playing with the Kings or with the Jets.:laugh:

Also, Holden, I went berserk on Voynov. He has a CA of 110, 20 in injury proneness, 20 in dirtyness and is retired. I did it because I don't think he'll return to the NHL, so I didn't want to have to deal with that situation.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
McDavid and Eichel just need their player abilities lifted to 2nd/3rd liner, that's what I did. Although in one play through the Capitals, who won the draft lottery, decided not to sign McJesus for some extremely odd reason.

Halfy

yes its Jack from MVP
Jul 23, 2013
Canada

Jetabre

Electric Ehlers
May 22, 2014
Winterpeg
I loaded it up, works fine from a brief look through. But I haven't gotten around to actually playing really.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Romang! Looks good. Plays fairly close to my own edit. Hellebuyck is pretty good right off the hop, may want to tone him down. I have him on a gradual progression, starting with backup and a -9.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Romang! Looks good. Plays fairly close to my own edit. Hellebuyck is pretty good right off the hop, may want to tone him down. I have him on a gradual progression, starting with backup and a -9.

I have him at -9. He compared favorably to goalies like Berra, slightly below Hutchinson I believe, which I don't think is a stretch currently.

I'm not sure how he compares to backups around the league (I ran out of patience after a while:laugh:), but he's also below Vas, Gibson and Mrazek.

Halfy

yes its Jack from MVP
Jul 23, 2013
Canada
I have begun work on my roster update that builds upon Romangs extremely solid base. Updating mostly prospects, but also tweaking some teams to be better or worse, and making McDavid and Eichel beasts when they enter the league as well as other prospects being more NHL ready.

Will post when completed.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
I have begun work on my roster update that builds upon Romangs extremely solid base. Updating mostly prospects, but also tweaking some teams to be better or worse, and making McDavid and Eichel beasts when they enter the league as well as other prospects being more NHL ready.

Will post when completed.

We're such dorks.

Especially you!:p:

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Romang I appreciate the work but I tried your rosters and compleetely dominated the league without making a single trade. That wasn't even including prospect like Ehlers or Morrisey but I was a completely dominant franchise. I think your roster migh have been Jets influencesd lol.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Romang I appreciate the work but I tried your rosters and compleetely dominated the league without making a single trade. That wasn't even including prospect like Ehlers or Morrisey but I was a completely dominant franchise. I think your roster migh have been Jets influencesd lol.

Definitely. I haven't had time to sit down and play much, but a couple of months in I'm dominating way too much.

I was too tired of finding little things to fix to play test it before I posted it here, which I really should have taken time to do!:laugh:

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
In my defense though, there is an argument to be made that we would really have been a dominant team without injuries.

So... yeah. My rosters are perfect.:p:

On that note, they really need to amp up the injuries in the game.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
In my defense though, there is an argument to be made that we would really have been a dominant team without injuries.

So... yeah. My rosters are perfect.:p:

On that note, they really need to amp up the injuries in the game.

I'd agree with the last. Basically once I've set my starting roster that's it. I might have 1 or 2 call-ups for the entire year. Other than maybe once every two/three seasons a goalie goes down for 4+ months. No other injuries other than a day to day here and there.

Just saying with your roster Jets and Kings completely dominate to a ridiculous degree. With TBL rosters just Kings dominate to a ridiculous degree lol.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
I'd agree with the last. Basically once I've set my starting roster that's it. I might have 1 or 2 call-ups for the entire year. Other than maybe once every two/three seasons a goalie goes down for 4+ months. No other injuries other than a day to day here and there.

Just saying with your roster Jets and Kings completely dominate to a ridiculous degree. With TBL rosters just Kings dominate to a ridiculous degree lol.

And the Lightning!

Though, of course, I'm not gonna pretend like I don't think the Lightning will dominate from now on in real life as well...

If I feel like I have the time, I might try to raise the injury proneness of all players and see what happens.

Until then, I need to significantly lower some stats on the Jets. Like Wheeler's shot attributes, which I noticed (after I posted the database and started playing) is among the best in the game.

Not to rag on Wheeler, but his shot is really not that good. Great close to the net, fairly meh further away.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Ladd and Buff still hate me. I traded them both at the 2016 deadline. Got Colorado's 2016 1st (25th overall) and 2nd for Buff. Ladd went to the Ducks for Shea Theodore (who's amazing in the game).

Buff went to UFA and signed with the Devils. Ladd re-signed with Anaheim but got put on the block in the summer so I re-acquired him for Stuart and Chris Mueller (who both spent 2015-16 in the minors). I didn't even really need him, just thought it would be fun to bring him back. Guess he should've negotiated a NTC...

Perceptor

World Class
Mar 19, 2012
Calgary, AB
Flames Fan coming in peace :). I read through this thread and saw the updated database. Really impressed. I was the same way with the Flames but I saw that Romang improved Monahan and Gaudreau to name 2. I wanted to start a Jets save as I've been impressed with the talent you guys are assembling.

HighFlyingJets

Sep 30, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Hey guys, just got this game! Any suggestions on how to place my scouting? Any tips on how to scout effectively to find hidden gems in later rounds/ steals in the draft!? thanks! :yo:

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Hey guys, just got this game! Any suggestions on how to place my scouting? Any tips on how to scout effectively to find hidden gems in later rounds/ steals in the draft!? thanks! :yo:

Make sure you fire your bad scouts and then hire some really good ones to replace them and also get a solid goalie coach to help along Hutch and Helle preferably one that works well with youngsters.
Scouting effectively is basically just making sure you send out one scout to do NHL Entry 2015 and not ignore well known, and one scout that ignores well known.
Steals are possible as some teams will draft for position but so far I haven't found any gems in late rounds. Definitely something EHM needs to work on. All the good players go in the 1st round, after that it's a pretty good drop off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad