Series Talk: ECSF: New York Rangers vs. Carolina Hurricanes (NYR Lead 3-2)

Who wins in how many games?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuck Norris Trophy

Jan 22, 2015
Rangers are just on another level. They keep playing like this.. They might win the cup
They might sweep two teams in a row, that's something else. They are clicking perfectly. Hate to say this as a Penguins fan who somewhat dislikes the Rangers, but you just have to tip your hat for them. I´ve also been very impressed by Laf, never thought he would be this kind of playoff player.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
No! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO. OH MY GOD WHY. THIS ISNT HAPPENING! f*** THIS WORLD! BRADY SKJEI BEASTING AGAIN FOR NOTHING!!!

f***! f***! FUCCCCCCK!!!!!

Reactions: Lua

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
Don't know what series you have been watching, we've been out-hitting these Rags all series.

Problem is, we are consistently trying to be too cute. Half of our best chances and goals have come from rebounds.

Same shiz from the Islanders, only now we're dealing with a big team with long sticks.

A competent HC tells them to stop passing , keep shooting and chase the rebounds/broken down plays.

We've outshot them all series. Problem is, not by enough. We've had the chance every single game to put 25% minimum more than what they have on goal.

I don't care if we have to send 120 sog per game , I think you get more high % opportunities off rebounds/scrums , then hoping for deflections, or worse trying to be cute down low against all these long sticks.

But I digress, getting outplayed, sure. Canes aren't playing to their strengths, poor job RBA.

Getting bullied? Soft? Again I say, I don't think you've watched a game . Or delusional.
UrinalCakes are done. Series is over. No chance they come back from this.

Outclassed and outmatched.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
The series is very evenly played. 4-3, 4-3, 3-2 games. Canes can easily flip a switch and make a comeback. They have all the players and system for it. The 4th win in the series will be much harder than people think.

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
The series is very evenly played. 4-3, 4-3, 3-2 games. Canes can easily flip a switch and make a comeback. They have all the players and system for it. The 4th win in the series will be much harder than people think.
I'll disagree with this until I see it..
Canes are failing to make it very difficult for Shesterkin.. You replace him with cardboard cutout I think it's 2-1 New York.. Canes often try to be too cute..
the playoffs are not about cute.. It's About Grinding your face off. And for whatever reason since J will left we haven't had that..

Just like the Hall of Very Good vs the Hall of Fame :( The Canes Are in the former the Rangers? Not inclined to Hall of fame them but definitely closer.

Reactions: HolyHagelin

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
Rangers are getting a free walk to the ECF..........

Probably 2 sweeps in a row..... Respect.

Sorry Carolina, but this one is over. And i get the feeling that Brind´Amour´s time might come to an end too if they get swept in this one again.

Same story as least year.....

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
The Rangers team D has been spectacular. Back check,Sticks,Blocks,Board play very good. High volume of low danger shots has kept Igor sharp and his rebound control near flawless. Most of the goals on Igor have been deflections. Bread,Mika,Laf Trocheck,Fox,Kreider are playing elite level hockey.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Series isn’t over and I’ll be surprised if there’s another sweep, but the whole problem the Canes seem to have is all about approach. Their offensive game pretty much relies entirely on probabilities. The more pucks at the goal, the higher the probability of a goal.

I think there are three problems with this approach

1) In a small sample like a playoff series, a goalie can turn the probabilities on their head

2) Probabilities don’t manifest uniformly in a small sample either. In other words, you’re not going to score 4 goals on every set of 50 shot attempts. You might score 8 on one set and then 2 on the next two sets. (Numbers are just for illustration)

3) Training a team to rely on probabilities also trains them not to will pucks into the net. In other words, it reduces their ability to come up with clutch scoring.

I do think we’ve seen all three of those things be issues in every series the Canes end up losing. Statistically, the playoffs aren’t really one 4 round sample if you go that far. They’re 4 samples of 4-7 games each. Not to say it can’t turn. That can happen with those same probabilities. The issue now is that even if it does… winning 4 straight is going to be tough.

I was curious to see if having Svechnikov healthy and getting Guentzel and Kuznetsov would help them overcome those problems. So far, no dice. It's looking like a problem with the strategy, not the roster.

Magic 8 Ball

Sep 27, 2021
The Netherworld
Nah wtf. This Canes roster I had winning the cup, loaded D, super balanced forward group.

Then every year they implode. What the actual f***
It's because they have a former Leafs goalie and had to resort to a rookie after they crapped the bed. I notice you didn't praise the goalie as well.
When was the last time a Leafs goalie made a positive season long impact?

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
People in the GDT seem to talk a lot how the Canes are unlucky to be 3-0 down... Forgetting for example that NYR had TWO 1 on 0's in this game alone.

Reactions: klingsor

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
It's because they have a former Leafs goalie and had to resort to a rookie after they crapped the bed. I notice you didn't praise the goalie as well.
When was the last time a Leafs goalie made a positive season long impact?
It's not about preventing the other guy's goals. It's about not scoring enough of your own.

Black Tank

Dec 12, 2006
a NYer in England
The Rangers showed more heart and desire in the last 2 games than annual lottery teams like the devils do in a full season. In the POs the other team is not going to roll over and die and carolina played like madmen. They held nothing back but the Rangers outbattled them. I don't know what else carolina has left to throw at this series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad