OT: Eastside Hockey Manager: Early Access

HighFlyingJets

Sep 30, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Thanks for the quick reply and great tips! Game looks really solid! That's too bad the scouting/drafting sounds to be less randomized and more constructed!

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Make sure you fire your bad scouts and then hire some really good ones to replace them and also get a solid goalie coach to help along Hutch and Helle preferably one that works well with youngsters.
Scouting effectively is basically just making sure you send out one scout to do NHL Entry 2015 and not ignore well known, and one scout that ignores well known.
Steals are possible as some teams will draft for position but so far I haven't found any gems in late rounds. Definitely something EHM needs to work on. All the good players go in the 1st round, after that it's a pretty good drop off.

I scout the NHL and AHL as well - get an idea of what players and prospects are flourishing that you might want to try to trade for or pick up as a free agent.

When you're in the scouting results screen, check out the different views: Scout Recommendation, Stats (sort by "Av R" - I've had a lot of success looking for players who post consistent high ratings).

I have a scout set on "Next Opponent" as well - I think it helps if that guy is decent in Tactical Knowledge as well as Judging Ability.

I have a scout on the shortlist too. Just to get another opinion of players I've targeted for whatever reason.

Also, you get a bit of a different report when you right-click a player and choose "Scout Player".

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
I wish real-life Frolik was a bit more like virtual Frolik.

Just signed him to a 5-year 16M contract in the middle of the 14-15 season. :(

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Good call, bro!

SKomKl5.png

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
I finally got around to grabbing your rosters, Romang. I'm enjoying it much more because the Jets can actually win a damn game. :laugh: I don't feel like I have to blow up the team to win.

I traded Pavs for Khudobin, Khudobin is out for 4 months. Hutch plays for 2 weeks, goes down for 4 months. Currently running with Helle and Olkinuora as my goalies. :|

Jetabre

Electric Ehlers
May 22, 2014
Winterpeg
I'm kind of sort of waiting for it to be updated with a start date for the 2015-2016 opener, and the rosters to be up to date with our draft picks and such.

So probably won't be touching it again until September or so.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
You'll be happy to know that in my game, Samuel Morin is complete ****. He's a free agent and his agent was trying to get him a deal with Winnipeg. I laughed and ignored it and now he's in the DEL.

Nov 15, 2010
Western Canada
Is there a multiplayer option in the works for this game (seeing how it still says Early Access)? Wouldn't mind playing with some of you - just don't make me be the Leafs :thumbd:

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Is there a multiplayer option in the works for this game (seeing how it still says Early Access)? Wouldn't mind playing with some of you - just don't make me be the Leafs :thumbd:

Yup, it'll be called a "network game". I'm not sure when it'll be added, but possibly when the full game launches.

There are network game options on the main screen but they're greyed out for now.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I'm currently in an EHM online league with 30 other actual people as GM's of NHL teams. We just finished our 2015 entry draft and here's essentially what I've given up for what I returned.

Traded
Dustin Byfuglien
Micheal Hutchinson
Scott Kosmachuk
All 2015 draft picks between 2nd-6th rounds.

Recieved
Zach Werenski
Mikko Rantanen
Matthias Ekholm
Cody Franson
Kari Lehtonen
John Quennville
Antoine Vermette

I also managed to sign Frolik, Stafford and Stempniak before Free Agency.
As well as signed Burmistrov.
Free agency hasn't even started and I have $9,000,000 in cap space.
Also keep in mind these are TBL v4 rosters so the 2015 draft class is much more realistic.

Last edited:

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
I'm currently in an EHM online league with 30 other actual people as GM's of NHL teams. We just finished our 2015 entry draft and here's essentially what I've given up for what I returned.

Traded
Dustin Byfuglien
Micheal Hutchinson
Scott Kosmachuk
All 2015 draft picks between 2nd-6th rounds.

Recieved
Zach Werenski
Mikko Rantanen
Matthias Ekholm
Cody Franson
Kari Lehtonen
John Quennville
Antoine Vermette

I also managed to sign Frolik, Stafford and Stempniak before Free Agency.
As well as signed Burmistrov.
Free agency hasn't even started and I have $9,000,000 in cap space.
Also keep in mind these are TBL v4 rosters so the 2015 draft class is much more realistic.

Lehtonen always seems to perform well for Dallas in my league - it's 2016-17 and he's still starter there. Upgrade on Hutch, I think. Though Hutch isn't bad in my game.

Frolik was very good for me the first two seasons but he's slumping in his 3rd season in a bottom 6 role. Stempniak has been very good for 3 years as a 2nd line winger.

Werenski should be very good one day. The others I haven't paid too much attention to. Good luck!

Thorburnt

Jul 16, 2015
MTS Centre
Ok one season in, my roster has changed significantly.

Players Out:

Ondrej Pavelec
Anthony Peluso
Matt Halischuk (Bought Out)
Drew Stafford
Jiri Tlusty
Patrice Cormier
Lee Stempniak
Nelson Nogier
Jack Glover
Peter Stoykewych
23rd Overall Pick
2nd Round
4th Round

Players In:

Vernon Fiddler
Sean Couturier
Derrick Pouliot
Noah Hanifin
Brock Boeser
Zach Senyshyn
4th Round
6th Round

I think Romangs rosters may be a bit beefed up, as I had Frolik and Perreault light the league on fire combining for 140 points. Also, Jay Harrison and Chris Thorburn both made the AHL All-Star Team, Hutchinson came third in Calder voting, and Byfuglien made the NHL First All-Star Team.

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
So I forget which roster update I'm using since I've got my new laptop...

But James Wright comes highly recommended and is listed with 1st line potential. I don't know if I should fire my scout or give him a raise and sign Wright.

Nov 15, 2010
Western Canada
Does anyone know what is going on with this game? I checked their website (forget the name) for the roster update and I didn't see one newer than from July. Hockey season has got me all itching to micromanage the Jets and Moose franchises.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Does anyone know what is going on with this game? I checked their website (forget the name) for the roster update and I didn't see one newer than from July. Hockey season has got me all itching to micromanage the Jets and Moose franchises.

Check out FHM2 I helped work on it over the summer. They just released full opening day rosters along with it. IMO its better than EHM and will get continues improvements over the course of the season. I may seem biased in my opinion but I honestly think its the better game at this point. Plus it has fully functioning online leagues.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Check out FHM2 I helped work on it over the summer. They just released full opening day rosters along with it. IMO its better than EHM and will get continues improvements over the course of the season. I may seem biased in my opinion but I honestly think its the better game at this point. Plus it has fully functioning online leagues.

FHM2 is a MASSIVE downgrade on EHM, sorry Daximus. So so so many of the basic rules of the NHL are just wrong. Simple simple things like waiver eligibility, prospect signing deadlines, roster limits in pre-season, incorrect adding for # of contracts/protected list, etc. Also lacks a training camp, poor scouting interface, poor UFA player finder. That's not even getting into harder to fix issues with AI like bad trade AI, AI releasing good prospects for no reason, AI keeping 18 year old 5th round picks as #9 defensemen on the roster while being healthy scratched for 80 games a year.

It's better than FHM1. Still not nearly good enough. Waste of money.

The Blueline apparently has had the new rosters out for EHM. Haven't had a chance to look myself.

Nov 15, 2010
Western Canada
FHM2 is a MASSIVE downgrade on EHM, sorry Daximus. So so so many of the basic rules of the NHL are just wrong. Simple simple things like waiver eligibility, prospect signing deadlines, roster limits in pre-season, incorrect adding for # of contracts/protected list, etc. Also lacks a training camp, poor scouting interface, poor UFA player finder. That's not even getting into harder to fix issues with AI like bad trade AI, AI releasing good prospects for no reason, AI keeping 18 year old 5th round picks as #9 defensemen on the roster while being healthy scratched for 80 games a year.

The Blueline apparently has had the new rosters out for EHM. Haven't had a chance to look myself.

No rush, but when you do get around to it can you post on here what you find? I've looked there and I can't find a roster update past mid-July.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
No rush, but when you do get around to it can you post on here what you find? I've looked there and I can't find a roster update past mid-July.

So I was incorrect. A the rosters are apparently being promised before Halloween. Stolen from EHM thread on hf in fantasy section.

Good news for the EHM Blue Line rosters:

Maximum 25 days left :yo:

What is out is a steam update (which should have downloaded automatically for you) that will allow you to switch to 2015 start date.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/301120/announcements/detail/112946094315549219

New EHM update:

http://steamcommunity.com/games/301120/announcements/detail/112946094315549219

Changelist for 15.14.0b
=======================

New features:
-------------
- 2015 start date option enabled
- DB Importer now supports creating databases with 2015 rules and start date
- New 2015 default database

Database Import changes for 2006 rules:
[apply to new games started with newly imported databases only]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Added missing restricted free agency rules for National League

Gameplay changes:
-----------------
- Staff with manager or head coach jobs (or preferences) will no longer interested in scouting positions at lower rep clubs
- Adjustments to injury processing and contagious injuries
- Adjustments to financial data processing
- Adjustments to newgen starting ability variation
- Adjustments to player media comment reactions

UI changes:
-----------
- Some UI fixes across various screens
- Club division in team information panel now shows the full long name of the detailed division
- Some general string fixes
- Small adjustments to section tabs to clarify selected section
- Added League Dates button to league schedule section
- Fixed Hot or Not panel contents that were mixed

Other changes:
--------------
- Fixed rare crash during a promotion/relegation playoff series
- Updated historical 2006 database with fixed RFA rules
- Added historical 2014 database option
- Some general optimizations and resource leak fixes
- Fixed a rare All-Star game related crash

In-Game Engine v74
==================
- Adjustments to scoring balancing
- Adjusted scoring balance between positions

In-Game Engine v73
==================
- Adjustments to scoring balancing
- Small adjustments to goalkeeping

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills

I'm guessing you haven't played the new FHM that much. You can take a few bad CBA rules, which I'm guessing is all you care about, or you can take a completely broken game where the Leafs can win the cup with a complete lack of talent in the 15/16 season. FHM had a much better game in terms of outcomes and realism.
Scouting interface destroys EHM in every way. Simpler navigation and you don't have to save your scouting reports for later. Or your searches.
Ufa player finder is much improved. Just check off UFA in the filters.
The trade AI is much improved and actually much better than EHM.
It seems to me like you saw a few CBA booboos and made your decision based almost entirely on that. But hey its your opinion and you're entitled to it.

Jetabre

Electric Ehlers
May 22, 2014
Winterpeg
Not sure how FHM2 is, but I know I disliked FHM 2014 quite a bit.

Big fan of EHM though and spent a lot of hours playing it, and will probably play again once the new roster update is ready.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Not sure how FHM2 is, but I know I disliked FHM 2014 quite a bit.

Big fan of EHM though and spent a lot of hours playing it, and will probably play again once the new roster update is ready.

Seems to be most people's take on it. Can't change your mind until you test it. They need a demo.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00