Jun 15, 2011
Chicago, IL
Is there a vaccine?
giphy.gif

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Jeez, pump Beniers' tires much, guys?

I agree though, kid is a lightning bolt. Best forward on Michigan this year (though whoa can K Johnson be flashy), and super impressive in this tournament. Amazing he has only 2 assists through 4 games, given how much he turns the game in his favor when he's out there. The points will come though, I don't think anyone should be worried about that.

Also, here's a little context: Beniers is 5th in TOI among USA forwards. The top-4 are, unsurprisingly:

Name - Born
Caufield - Jan '01
Turcotte - Feb '01
Zegras - March '01
Boldy - April '01

Beniers? - Nov '02

Vector Cereal

Jan 30, 2020
Beniers really impresses me, he is kind of a blend of Turcotte and Zegras. I was really impressed with his U of M games, guy just plays solid winning hockey.
He reminds me of pre-draft Turcotte, who I was super high on. That combination of motor, hands, and 200 foot game is the kind of hockey I really like to watch. Turcotte hasn't dominated post-draft like I thought he would, which has me worried about my Beniers evaluation, but I suppose Beniers has the advantage of already being in college.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Does Arizona still get ping pong balls despite the forfeited pick? It appears that way on tankathon.

HoweFan

Jan 10, 2017
I like Beniers and also Johnson, but if we get a chance to draft a premium LHD we better do it this year. There are 3-5 top quality guys available this year but none next year according to a couple of very early rankings. Next year centres are plentiful and I think we’ll still be drafting low.

Christien

May 1, 2010
So who's everyone's pick as the best defenceman in the draft so far? I know a lot of kids haven't played, but just curious to see who everyone likes. Edvinsson has been playing good in the SHL as of late. I've heard nothing but good things about Luke Hughes as well. Any thoughts on Hughes' game?

HoweFan

Jan 10, 2017
Owen Powers, Carson Lambos, Simon Edvinson, Brandt Clarke, Luke Hughes. In that order for me

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
He reminds me of pre-draft Turcotte, who I was super high on. That combination of motor, hands, and 200 foot game is the kind of hockey I really like to watch. Turcotte hasn't dominated post-draft like I thought he would, which has me worried about my Beniers evaluation, but I suppose Beniers has the advantage of already being in college.

That's kind of the vibe I got as well. I'm not super high on Turcotte and think he tops out as a very good 3C or ok 2C. At the same stage I'd say that this year Beniers is better than turcotte was in his draft year.

Maybe Beniers ends up as a Dylan Larkin-ish player? If we draft him it'd be easier to trade Larkin when Seider is ready for the captaincy. :sarcasm:

Reactions: jaster

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
So who's everyone's pick as the best defenceman in the draft so far? I know a lot of kids haven't played, but just curious to see who everyone likes. Edvinsson has been playing good in the SHL as of late. I've heard nothing but good things about Luke Hughes as well. Any thoughts on Hughes' game?

Not as offensively minded as Quinn and plays more of a 2 way game. Approximately as good a skater as Quinn was during his draft year while being much bigger. I'd say it's a good bet he becomes a top 4 defenseman, but I'm not sure if there's much top 2 potential in his game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad