57. C Lorenzo Canonica (SUI)
67. D Kirill Kirsanov (RUS)
72. C Oleksii Myklukha (SVK)
79. C Samuel Helenius (FIN)
118. RD Ruben Rafkin (FIN)

Thank you!

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
It's an Eichel to McDavid deal again in 2022 in my opinion. Not making that mistake again, Wright is my #1 in their year.

Yeah I think Detroit is happy getting either but this is another situation where Wright is just dominant in every facet. Honestly, hes probably closer to Eichel than he is McDavid at his best but hes a frnachise guy that comes around once every 5 years or so at most. Lambert is gonna be a complete stud though and youre getting a franchise guy either way, Wright is just ahead

lidstromiscool

May 5, 2007
I don’t know. Lambert is looking like he could steal the #1 slot from Wright. The kid is looking like a phenom.
Im not so sure Lambert is that close right now to the #1 spot. The rookie season Wright just had puts him on the McDavid/Crosby trajectory. Obviously things can, and probably will change in 2 seasons, but Wright looks like a franchise player similar to those two guys. Lambert seems to have a huge potential also, but its tougher to predict coming from the Europe, thus I have Wright ahead of him. I think any of us would love to get either of these guys in Detroit. Hopefully Detroit can get some lottery luck in a couple years, I think we're due for some.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
He doesn't get much flex even on his wristers.

On this shot, no flex and no follow through. His momentum helped get some speed on the puck, but not an NHL level shot, even if it did go in.

He needs a lot of work on his shot, he should be wailing on some pucks in practice, just to get some flex on the stick and some follow through. Not worrying about placement yet. Maybe use a softer flex, and let the stick do the work, I dunno.

I'll be honest, I think once he gets to the NHL and is training with the Wings strength and conditioning coaches, they will get him to work on areas to improve his strength on shots, so not really worried about it. Also, if he is very good-elite at everything else, and this is a weak point for him, I don't think that will be the worst thing in the world.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I don’t know. Lambert is looking like he could steal the #1 slot from Wright. The kid is looking like a phenom.

Doubt it. Everything I read about Wright has him as the runaway leader for top spot. Also like to point out, his first year OHL production was on pace with McDavid in his first season. Wright was also on a pretty bad team as Kingston was terrible.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
EqMaxQ8XAAEZd5W

This Olausson guy did have quite a good game. Forwards rarely help that much of defencemen on Zone exits. Especially guys as this young.

Raymond best as Zone entries (success percentage, and zero failures), like in almost every game. This seems to be the pattern for really high ranked draft picks.

Bad game from Albert Johansson (based on Zone exit)s and superior, absolute monster game from Söderström vs. any other game sheet I've seen so far from a defenceman.

3-0-0 from Söderblom would be a nice indicator of his skill to take Defensive Zone Faceoffs and come out of pressure. His play dies through the Neutral Zone, though. That's where he

Reactions: alexislafreniere

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Olausson looks like he has nice hands. I don't think he's around for round 2.

Get another look at Lambert today. After that watch Slafkovsky VS Canada. 16 y/o winger already 6'4" 210+, I don't think things will go well for SVK but I think he's going to be a beast for 2022.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Olausson looks like he has nice hands. I don't think he's around for round 2.

Get another look at Lambert today. After that watch Slafkovsky VS Canada. 16 y/o winger already 6'4" 210+, I don't think things will go well for SVK but I think he's going to be a beast for 2022.

If the Wings pick up another first this year in the 20-31 range he’s the guy I hope falls to us. He’s this year’s Jacob Perrault. Phenomenal wheels/hands combo. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him in the top 15.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad