Early look for 2021 draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
FC Hockey (nhlentrydraft.com)

This bad boy is back up and running again. I was addicted last year, however I can't tell you much outside the top 15 players lol.

This is fun.

I am noticing after a couple run-throughs, there are not a lot of centers I really love available in round 2. They have guys like Sillinger, Mctavish, Bolduc, L'Heureux, Lucius, Bourgault, Chibrikov, and Samsokevich all going in the 1st round.

So if that plays out, we would be looking at guys Korczak, Duke, etc in round 2. If that's the case, I think I may well like the D/Wingers available better.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Huh, I never realized that Dean wasn't an A-rated player. I thought for sure he was a first rounder. Maybe I am just losing my mind.

If he falls to round 2, would you like him better than some of the wingers/defenseman that might be available in the same range.

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
It's 4mounth till draft, it's like you said so many to choose from. Let's wait and see, who is going to step up and separate himself from the rest. We should get that person, no meter position he plays

Honestly, I doubt you're going to see anyone separate themselves between now and the draft. NCAA and SHL hockey is almost over. The WHL has a strong class this year, so those kids can work to improve their stock between now and May/June. Guenther, Sillinger, and Lambos if healthy are probably the ones to watch there. Same for the Q, although there's less talent in their class. I'm not sure there is going to be an OHL season this year.

At this point, we've probably seen most of what we'll see of these players between now and the draft.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
If he falls to round 2, would you like him better than some of the wingers/defenseman that might be available in the same range.

He would be high on my list for sure but I am short a ton of viewings this year on all sorts of kids so take that with a grain of salt.

Reactions: Frk It

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Honestly, I doubt you're going to see anyone separate themselves between now and the draft. NCAA and SHL hockey is almost over. The WHL has a strong class this year, so those kids can work to improve their stock between now and May/June. Guenther, Sillinger, and Lambos if healthy are probably the ones to watch there. Same for the Q, although there's less talent in their class. I'm not sure there is going to be an OHL season this year.

At this point, we've probably seen most of what we'll see of these players between now and the draft.

FWIW I read that Sillinger is staying in the USHL for the remainder of the year.

If they can keep it together the IIHF U18s is going to be a massively important tournament this year, especially if we don't see a Memorial Cup (don't know the status of that).

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Then you are in for some good hockey over the next 5 years or so! You're really close to the border. Go see some Canucks games! (When there's no more global pandemic I mean) When I lived in Seattle I used to make the drive for games against Detroit. It's a great arena.
Just about halfway between the two arenas. Quit frankly, I hate big cities and I only go to hockey games if someone else is driving. I doubt I'm gonna watch a game in person.

The other factor is that I've never paid to attend a hockey game, but I've been to a lot because I had connections in both Denver and Detroit. No free tickets in this job, though I did get a 3% raise today.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
This is fun.

I am noticing after a couple run-throughs, there are not a lot of centers I really love available in round 2. They have guys like Sillinger, Mctavish, Bolduc, L'Heureux, Lucius, Bourgault, Chibrikov, and Samsokevich all going in the 1st round.

So if that plays out, we would be looking at guys Korczak, Duke, etc in round 2. If that's the case, I think I may well like the D/Wingers available better.

Someone will drop.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Just by the way we are playing lately I’m starting to look at Sillinger

His draft profile reads just like his dad's. Skating is an issue. Likely middle 6 player. We'll have better options in the top 10.

There will be at least 3 solid defensemen left after the top 5 picks this year, maybe Wallstedt and maybe Kent Johnson.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
At this point I'm just hoping for one of Eklund/Johnson. It doesn't really matter if they end up wingers. Both will be excellent PP guys, that's one thing the team really needs help with, and position doesn't matter so much there.

Besides, any logjam will look considerably less logjammy with Mantha traded away.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016

That’s probably true for the most part, but I can almost guarantee some scout is going to fall in love with a prospect’s last few weeks and reason with themselves and their org that this isn’t just a hot streak but that the player is simply hitting their stride - a stride they would’ve hit much earlier in the season had games been played. But who knows. It’s gotta be a strange draft year somehow.

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
My top 5 now:

Beniers
Hughes
Power
Eklund
Lysell

Wallstedt could also be top 5, but not sure if he is worth it since goalies = voodoo

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
At this point I'm just hoping for one of Eklund/Johnson. It doesn't really matter if they end up wingers. Both will be excellent PP guys, that's one thing the team really needs help with, and position doesn't matter so much there.
We have two excellent PP guys coming in Raymond and Berggren.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
70mmzbm.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00