Dylan Strome Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawkNut

Jun 12, 2017
I'm still waiting for that first 4-5 point game from Strome.
He's had 11 2+point games, which includes five 3 point games but no games with more than 3 points. I think the huge games are coming soon. I think tonight vs. Detroit or next weekend vs LA are good options for that first 4-5 pt game.

Does he need to have such a game at this point?

He had yet another point tonight on that assist to DeBrincat.

With his current pace, a four or five point fans would merely be a bonus.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Does he need to have such a game at this point?

He had yet another point tonight on that assist to DeBrincat.

With his current pace, a four or five point fans would merely be a bonus.
Not really, but....I want to see it. if he can get a couple of those then we can really say he is going from 2C to 1C.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
why are the Bowman haters so silent on this trade? it literally has turned this team around and might look like one of the more lopsided trades of the past 5-6 years in the league IF Little Nicky doesn't pan out over there...
It has a good chance of being Stan's best trade by the time he retires. I guarantee it'll be in the top 5.

Sure it's not as lopsided as Manning for Caggiula, but it has the far greater impact on this team.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Something Biz said on the latest Spittin’ Chiclets podcast had me wondering if he was referring to Arizona and the Strome situation as he’s still involved with the Coyotes org.

He said something like it’s crazy to him how there’s still some organizations that aren’t allocating the proper resources for player devolopment. I can’t remeber exactly but I think he also made mention of using an asset like a high end pick on a player and not putting in the time to develop them. Biz was the one who brought that conversation forward too. Just an interesting time to bring that up with Strome breaking out here. Not to mention he was right on the money.

SnakePlissken

Jun 16, 2015
Something Biz said on the latest Spittin’ Chiclets podcast had me wondering if he was referring to Arizona and the Strome situation as he’s still involved with the Coyotes org.

He said something like it’s crazy to him how there’s still some organizations that aren’t allocating the proper resources for player devolopment. I can’t remeber exactly but I think he also made mention of using an asset like a high end pick on a player and not putting in the time to develop them. Biz was the one who brought that conversation forward too. Just an interesting time to bring that up with Strome breaking out here. Not to mention he was right on the money.

I also wonder if they undervalued him because his older brother, also a top 5 pick, has struggled to establish himself as a top 6 forward. I was reading something last week where Julius Honka’s draft eligible brother is falling in the draft rankings, partially because his older brother hasn’t lived up to the hype yet with Dallas. Regardless, certainly looking like a very good trade for us at this point.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
tumblr_opvg4dP4qn1tzajnso2_500.gif

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f3376646e4a47366963686c6e77513d3d2d3431353234303232382e313463306362626266336138653630323930343235383333343135382e676966

That's gonna be the Stanley Cup

Last edited:

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015
why are the Bowman haters so silent on this trade? it literally has turned this team around and might look like one of the more lopsided trades of the past 5-6 years in the league IF Little Nicky doesn't pan out over there...

Cause majority of Stanley's criticism is not about trades...rather the horribad contracts and NMC's handed out like cotton candy.. DUH!!!!

saluki

Nov 18, 2017
Handzus trade is still SB's little sparkling moment of genius for me.

He identified a need that needed to be filled to maximize the team's cup chances, scoured the NHL for a guy who could fill it cheaply, and pulled the trigger.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Every game he does something, and he's starting to that show he deserved to go third.

Yep. He makes good plays. It's like what they say about the game slowing down for the very good players. Couple that with very good vision to see the play that can be made and the skill to make the play - and you have the makings of a very good player. He's also very good at fishing pucks out with his long reach and then controlling the puck enough to make a play with it.

At 21 with less than a season under his belt be has a chance to be an elite player in the NHL if he wants it bad enough to work at continual improvement like the best ones do.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
If he develops/progesses to that point, is it then logocal to say Strome will be attacking the opposing D's top D pairing? And Toews will be going against the opposing team's top O line?
I think that will be logical eventually. Kane matters more than anything right now, because he's the top offensive threat

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Every game he does something, and he's starting to that show he deserved to go third.
I know I probably come off like a Strome cultist...but I can't put into words how happy I am with his play (and how thrilled I am that it's the Hawks of all teams he's ended up on!!!).

He needs to work hard on his conditioning in the off season...and also his skating.

I really hope that his current situation helps motivate him...his time in AZ turned out to be so negative.

I've been a big fan of his since he was in the GTHL, not to mention in junior, so all of this just makes me excited for him (and the Hawks for having obtained him!).

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I know I probably come off like a Strome cultist...but I can't put into words how happy I am with his play (and how thrilled I am that it's the Hawks of all teams he's ended up on!!!).

He needs to work hard on his conditioning in the off season...and also his skating.

I really hope that his current situation helps motivate him...his time in AZ turned out to be so negative.

I've been a big fan of his since he was in the GTHL, not to mention in junior, so all of this just makes me excited for him (and the Hawks for having obtained him!).

There’s not much you can say to out Strome-cultist Musto, so I think you’re covered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad