Dylan Strome Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Uhhh, Stan has always made it a priority to keep their own....it's just that Stan has a history of bidding against himself and overpaying. Kruger got 3 years, 9.25 million extension courtesy of Stan, Bickell got rewarded with a 4 year, 16 million dollar deal for playing Hot for 2 weeks when he was invisible the rest of his stay in a Hawks sweater, Patrick Sharpe with a 5 year 29.5 million extension, and we all know about Seabrook's deal, etc. etc. etc.
Hold up, why did you throw in Sharp's contract in that list of overpayments?

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
McDavid missed like 20+ games that year. He would've challenged the OHL scoring record had he been healthy. Probably not the best argument there.
Now that you mention it, I remember. I completely forgot that McDavid missed time last year.
It still doesn't change the fact that Strome has been at worst very near a ppg everywhere he's played except the Coyotes' 4th line. 1 more 3 point game tomorrow night and he's there with the Hawks.

Kid A Plus

Feb 23, 2013
West Hollywood, CA
If this is the type of player Strome is, he could end up being worth more than DeBrincat when his ELC is up.

Both Strome and DeBrincat could end up earning first line money in a year.

Strome looks great but debrincat has elite goal scorer potential paired with level passing... he's gonna push 40 goals and 40 assists at 21... Strome will do a lot of things very well, but nothing truly... he has extra value as a center but at 21 Cat is gonna put up numbers rivaling sharps best years.

He'll never be Kane... but having second Kane-type creator who can really finish and pass on the next line is extremely valuable.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Cat is to Kane as Strome is to Toews-lite as a 2nd tier kind of a player. however this is a small snippet of what Strome can do. another season of development / experience will show what kind of player Strome can become.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Listen guys, the reason I've been so bullish about Strome in this thread is because his hockey sense is off the charts good. Logic says this is a hot streak, but I'm willing to suspend logic a bit because of that trait of his. I threw out the possibility of him putting up 85+ pts because we really don't know whether or not it is a hot streak because of that. It is more of a "wait and see" than anything, and the next 100 games or so of his will tell a lot. It is in nobody's best interest for him to sign a deal this offseason, so my argument is really let the next ~1.33 seasons play out and we'll see by the end of next January what type of player he is.

Reactions: ColdSteel2

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I think it is safe to say that Strome will be playing with good linemates in Chicago and will see plenty of PP ice. I think 70 points is rock bottom and PPG more likely. Just hope he can work on skating (edges - just too many loopy turns) which is holding back his defensive game right now.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I think it is safe to say that Strome will be playing with good linemates in Chicago and will see plenty of PP ice. I think 70 points is rock bottom and PPG more likely. Just hope he can work on skating (edges - just too many loopy turns) which is holding back his defensive game right now.

Yep, I agree. At first, I thought he might just be on a streak but it’s been going on too long. Like you said, if he improves his skating even a little, look out, PPG+ 1C.

HawkNut

Jun 12, 2017
I remember when I suggested moving Seabrook for Strome on here.

Seabrook is still with the team, but they traded for Strome anyway.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I remember when I suggested moving Seabrook for Strome on here.

Seabrook is still with the team, but they traded for Strome anyway.
And how were you going to get value from trading Seabrook? Did you invent a time machine and get Seabrook circa 2013?

Northofyu

Nov 12, 2018
Very cool to see our local kid having a breakout season there.

From very well known hockey family & had elite hockey sense/skills since he was a kid. (other than skating)

Great pickup/steal!

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I'm still waiting for that first 4-5 point game from Strome.
He's had 11 2+point games, which includes five 3 point games but no games with more than 3 points. I think the huge games are coming soon. I think tonight vs. Detroit or next weekend vs LA are good options for that first 4-5 pt game.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I'm still waiting for that first 4-5 point game from Strome.
He's had 11 2+point games, which includes five 3 point games but no games with more than 3 points. I think the huge games are coming soon. I think tonight vs. Detroit or next weekend vs LA are good options for that first 4-5 pt game.
We'll his best bud is going be playing in his home town tonight, so I could easily see those two having big nights.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014

You're out of your mind if you don't think a functional powerplay is doing a lot to help boost Kane's numbers.

That's not a knock on Kane, he was doing his best within the trash system the previous coach had him operating within, but there's no doubt being able to produce 5v4 is helping him on the score-sheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad