Dylan Strome Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Strong conditioning, skating, strength is what will help Strome move to the next level and prove me right in my long term confidence re his skill (going back to his minor hockey days). The caveat is "awesome off season" has not been a guarantee for Strome the last few years. I will not attack him as 'lazy' and have, in the past, been quite vocal that he ran into problems in AZ that were beyond his control. Having said that, even going back to jr, he has not necessarily put in the off season work that's required. I have faith that being a Hawk rather than a Coyote will have helped get the message to him.
He stayed in Chicago and is working out with Cat, Kane, Saad, Murphy, etc. He's surrounded by guys that will push him to work harder than he ever has in the past. Arizona doesn't have a winning culture, Chicago does. He'll be a lot more motivated especially since it's a contract year and he wants to stay.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
He stayed in Chicago and is working out with Cat, Kane, Saad, Murphy, etc. He's surrounded by guys that will push him to work harder than he ever has in the past. Arizona doesn't have a winning culture, Chicago does. He'll be a lot more motivated especially since it's a contract year and he wants to stay.
I wasn't aware of his current training plan. What you've described is exactly what he needs to do - and if all goes well will result in the play I believe he has in him.

He already showed he has the skill re his draft status in his play once he was traded to Chicago. I know it might seem like i'm being critical - but it's only because i've seen him since he was in the GTHL and am a big supporter of his.

plasmonresonance

Jul 28, 2015
I wasn't aware of his current training plan. What you've described is exactly what he needs to do - and if all goes well will result in the play I believe he has in him.

He already showed he has the skill re his draft status in his play once he was traded to Chicago. I know it might seem like i'm being critical - but it's only because i've seen him since he was in the GTHL and am a big supporter of his.
in case you missed this earlier, fyi - How the Blackhawks’ unique summer training regimen has transformed Dylan Strome

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
None of that guarantees he will produce more. It’s fine for you to predict that he will based on all that rational, but to badger people for citing rational reasons for a downturn is ****ty of you.

A linear growth for Strome isn’t as guaranteed as you’re trying to make it seem it is.
No, but there is the "hope" factor. His beginning in Chicago sure was a positive turn--around. So "why not be front seat on the hope bus" that he continues it?
Guarantees? No, you only get those with New Glasses! If Strome regresses terribly, then I am getting new Glasses! At least I didn't offer a guarantee!

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Andrew Shaw played with Strome's older brother Ryan in the OHL and MacKenzie Entwistle played with Strome's little brother Matt in the OHL. Pretty cool.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
Huh?

What about Strome's game shouldn't result in a better season? Strome put up 51 points in 58 games with the Hawks. On pace for 72 points in 82 games.

This season Strome is going to be properly conditioned, better stamina, improved skating, physically stronger, being in a system right from the get go, and it's a contract year. It's not a guarantee of course, but all signs point to Strome being even better.
His move to Chicago sure opened up his production and consistent contributing, hey!
Hopefully this continues and he finds more progression and confidence to be elite!! He sure was a nice pick-up for the Hawks. Smaltz was good and seemingly part of the future, but easily not missed with Stroke stepping in. He and DeBrincat could form the future Toews-Kane duo dominance for the Hawks!

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
Good potential outlook for upcoming season. I like the vibe towards Hawks potential and this new season springs hope eternal for a decent progression toward succes & winning in Chi'-town again. Great optimism!

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I think the conditioning is a big thing, not getting tried after 35, 40 seconds and being able to battle out that last 10 seconds in the D zone to get the puck out. Obviously want to try to give up a few less chances this year and try to create a little bit more at the end of my shifts. We’ll see what happens.

This is HUGE for him to state and it is great that he knows/is working on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad