Player Discussion Dylan McIlrath Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
I never said anything to the contrary

I only mentioned it in relation to your claim that Avery's antics were on the same radar level with front office as the actions of the head coach.
You could be right about that. I am just saying what I guess. It could be that NYR did think that Avery was casting them in a bad light. I only mentioned what I did because it always seemed to be that players were given a lot more space because they are basically jocks, and less is expected of them.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
It's not really the same thing given that the coach is responsible for talking to the media every day and players aren't.

That has nothing to do with anything...that's like saying the '99 Rangers were more identified with John muckler than Wayne Gretzky.

Last edited:

mrmel329

Feb 28, 2013
I don't think so. Gorton and Clark love the kid. The only person who doesn't is AV and not for nothing but after tomorrow the next game AV coaches will probably be for another team.

From your lips to God's ears. AV is an ass swipe that needs to go. Dylan's handling this season was an outright disgrace and when he got a chance to play in that stretch of games when girardi and klein were out he was the rangers best RD. His reward..... go sit in the press box and watch players not as good play. His handling of Dylan should cost him his job by itself

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Saw an article in NY Post today. I would not be too happy with trading him. We need players on the team that can stand up to others, be a physical force on the team, and not be afraid to shoot the puck.

http://nypost.com/2016/10/10/inside-rangers-final-roster-decisions-mcilrath-on-way-out/

AV hates having tough players on his team. I will be pissed if they dump him.

We need righty d men still, I think. This would be a stupid move. Watch AV get fired in a couple of months if this team lays an egg. I can't take this team.

OrbitalDynamics

#Unsurprised
May 22, 2008
Stalag Luft JFK
You know the kid will put it together and become a monster as soon as we cut him loose.

I've never seen a coach actively work to undermine a No.1 draft pick the organization has invested years in the way Vigneault has with McIlrath.

Skjei is "A young player going through the process" after a rough game,McIlrath gets "At this time we feel Dan Girardi is a better defensive defenseman".

Or played at LW or paired with Dan "Going Rouge" Boyle playing on his off side.Or played after being a scratch for 9 games in a row,then immediately exiled to the press box for another string of games.

AV has virtually negated any trade value he may have had by damning him with faint praise at every opportunity.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
You know the kid will put it together and become a monster as soon as we cut him loose.

I've never seen a coach actively work to undermine a No.1 draft pick the organization has invested years in the way Vigneault has with McIlrath.

Skjei is "A young player going through the process" after a rough game,McIlrath gets "At this time we feel Dan Girardi is a better defensive defenseman".

Or played at LW or paired with Dan "Going Rouge" Boyle playing on his off side.Or played after being a scratch for 9 games in a row,then immediately exiled to the press box for another string of games.

AV has virtually negated any trade value he may have had by damning him with faint praise at every opportunity.

No,AV hates having tough players not named Tanner Glass on his team.

That's right. Glass was a "deterrent". I'm so fed up with AV and his treatment of DMac. This organization has worked so hard and invested a lot of patience with him. I wonder if this will be AV's waterloo and will the team stand with him or Dylan. This makes me sick. Just for the record, I'm not saying he's a great player but he deserves for the team to give him a fair shot and he hasn't had that with this coach.

GregNYR89

Mar 8, 2016
Brooklyn, NY
Honestly speaking guys, I get excited and happy to see Dylan on the ice. I keep wanting him to do well, make a good pass, shoot the puck, make the check...do anything to show AV that he belongs here and will only get better with more ice time. He definitely shows a presence when he's on the ice. Dylan is not the best D on the team, but I personally would choose him over Stall or Girardi. AV needs to get his eyes checked. AV definitely has his favorites on the team, Dylan not being one of them.

I totally agree that any team would be happy to pick him up and they would be happy. In fact, Dylan would be better off on a team in which the Management believes in him!

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
I think the issue is with McIlrath's neutral zone game.

Off-of face-offs in the D-Zone and O-Zone he's been fairly solid.

However he's gotten taken to town on a few neutral zone rushes.

Maybe the Rangers shield him, maybe they let him play but I think that's probably the last piece of development McIlrath needs to show.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006

I dont know the bolded. Nobody does. If I was forced to guess right now I'd say no, I dont think thats true.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I like Dylan a lot. I will root for him no matter what team he is on. I hope he does have a good NHL career. I hope its in our jersey.

TurgePurge*

IF Dylan goes on waivers and IF he goes unclaimed can we agree that he's just not that good and not that he was ruined?

TheLowKreider

Aug 4, 2009
This team got to a stanley cup because they played young players and let them make mistakes. Afterwards AV started playing retreads and we've been trending downwards. McIlrath will be a monster. We will regret trading him, especially after 6 years of development. Fire this clown.

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
After waiting so many years for MCI to develop into his own it would be a disaster if Groton caves into AV and trades the kid and the kid explodes as an impact player. He is the type of players teams try in vain to develop for years and fail to do so.

TurgePurge*

This team got to a stanley cup because they played young players and let them make mistakes. Afterwards AV started playing retreads and we've been trending downwards. McIlrath will be a monster. We will regret trading him, especially after 6 years of development. Fire this clown.

This is so factually incorrect. That team was elevated over prior teams because of retread Anton Stralman becoming a stud, a sick third line composed of retread Benny Pouliot and 40 year old MSL (even though I wasn't a fan of his game).

Since then is when Hayes fast Lindberg miller became full timers and skjei and mcillrath got a taste and buch and vesey joined the show.

TheLowKreider

Aug 4, 2009
This is so factually incorrect. That team was elevated over prior teams because of retread Anton Stralman, a sick third line composed of retread Benny Pouliot and 40 year old MSL (even though I wasn't a fan of his game).

Since then is when Hayes fast Lindberg miller became full timers and skjei and mcillrath got a taste and buch and vesey joined the show.

Once upon a time Stepan, Kreider, Staal, Zuc, Brassard, Hagelin were young players who struggled and played through their mistakes.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Once upon a time Stepan, Kreider, Staal, Zuc, Brassard, Hagelin were young players who struggled and played through their mistakes.

I think AV has actually been fine with young forwards and how he handles them. It's been the defense that has been a struggle...part of it has to do with what his system asks them to do and part of it is his weird obsession with overplaying vets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad