Status
Not open for further replies.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Put Dylan back in the lineup.
Put Brady back on the left side.
If McD is healthy let him play
If a defenseman sits consider Boyle or Staal.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Put Dylan back in the lineup.
Put Brady back on the left side.
If McD is healthy let him play
If a defenseman sits consider Boyle or Staal.

Staal's been fine. it's Boyle who has to go. If Skjei is playing the right side, he needs to be on the 3rd pairing, but even then, it's not necessary.

McDonagh-Klein
Yandle-McIlrath
Staal-Skjei/Boyle

That's it. That's the solution. If McDionagh can't play, then it should be:

Yandle-McIlrath/Klein
Staal-Boyle
Skjei-Klein/McIlrath

Especially if AV plays each pairing even minutes.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Staal's been fine. it's Boyle who has to go. If Skjei is playing the right side, he needs to be on the 3rd pairing, but even then, it's not necessary.

McDonagh-Klein
Yandle-McIlrath
Staal-Skjei/Boyle

Yandle-McIlrath/Klein
Staal-Boyle
Skjei-Klein/McIlrath

Preach.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Or just scratch Tanner and go 7 D, i.e. the easiest, most obvious solution possible which would give the coaching staff tons of freedom to isolate certain people's assignments on D. Our top forwards aren't getting enough minutes as it is.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011

McDonagh-Klein
Yandle-McIlrath
Staal-Skjei/Boyle

Yandle-McIlrath/Klein
Staal-Boyle
Skjei-Klein/McIlrath

I like Brady a lot. Being a rookie in the playoffs is hard enough. I wish he could play his natural left side.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
wow we could really use somebody that could expose PIT's lack of size along the boards or could deter them from controlled carry-ins down the wings

jeez who the **** could that be?

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I have been really disappointed in how we have handled Dylan this season. We have made it near impossible for him to play with any confidence because we yank him in and out of the lineup with no reason even when he has played well. When he played regularly with Yandle he played with confidence and played well. Last night I was even more upset with how we have treated Dylan. Having Diaz skate in warmups but not Dylan was just the latest slap in his face. Dylan will be a solid physical dman in the NHL. I just hope it is for us.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
wow we could really use somebody that could expose PIT's lack of size along the boards or could deter them from controlled carry-ins down the wings

jeez who the **** could that be?
At this point, I do not see how Boyle can dress for the next game. What is the point? His PP expertise is providing nothing. And to believe that Diaz, who is effectively is an inferior version of Boyle, can help more than MclRath is absurd. Note to AV: What you are doing is NOT working. Try going against the grain of your beliefs.

Kaapodonna

What me worry?
Dec 8, 2007
New Jersey
I have been really disappointed in how we have handled Dylan this season. We have made it near impossible for him to play with any confidence because we yank him in and out of the lineup with no reason even when he has played well. When he played regularly with Yandle he played with confidence and played well. Last night I was even more upset with how we have treated Dylan. Having Diaz skate in warmups but not Dylan was just the latest slap in his face. Dylan will be a solid physical dman in the NHL. I just hope it is for us.

A ****ing men!

Matz03

May 5, 2015
Boulder, CO
McIlrath plays and the team wins, so AV thinks lets make a bunch of changes on the D front and let McDonagh come back too soon.

McIlrath outplayed Skjei in game 2, yet Skjei gets put in on the right to replace the slow footed McIlrath.

A 5 year old can figure out that Yandle-Boyle is a horrid pairing, it was proven time and time again in the regular season but AV is clearly seeing something else out there. That decision cost the team game 3.

And I'm all for Skjei getting some minutes, but defensively he needs a full season or two before getting such minutes in the playoffs.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
McIlrath plays and the team wins, so AV thinks lets make a bunch of changes on the D front and let McDonagh come back too soon.

McIlrath outplayed Skjei in game 2, yet Skjei gets put in on the right to replace the slow footed McIlrath.

A 5 year old can figure out that Yandle-Boyle is a horrid pairing, it was proven time and time again in the regular season but AV is clearly seeing something else out there. That decision cost the team game 3.

And I'm all for Skjei getting some minutes, but defensively he needs a full season or two before getting such minutes in the playoffs.

How did McIlrath outplay Skjei in game 2? Did he do more in the 9 minutes he was on the ice than Skjei did in almost 20?

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
How did McIlrath outplay Skjei in game 2? Did he do more in the 9 minutes he was on the ice than Skjei did in almost 20?

If McIlrath played the game that Skjei did in game 3, AV would never, ever play him again.

Though, it is nice to see AV give a kid a real shot like he's doing with Skjei. Well, at least until Diaz replaces him tomorrow.

Kaapodonna

What me worry?
Dec 8, 2007
New Jersey

I thought Dylan had a couple of mistakes, but so did Skjei. It's obvious AV just doesn't like Dylan. I can't figure it out... Dylan is one of the only D that can get his shots through to the net also. You would think AV would love that.

OrbitalDynamics

#Unsurprised
May 22, 2008
Stalag Luft JFK
Diaz who hasn't played a single NHL game this year?

I wish just one beat writer had the stones to ask Vigno what the actual &%$$ he is doing with McIlrath.

It's obvious Vigno wanted Diaz on team out of camp.

Matz03

May 5, 2015
Boulder, CO
you're right, one guy getting more minutes must mean he was better.

AV has a hard on for Skjei's skating, he's blind to all of the mistakes in his own zone. Skjei was constantly flubbing outlet passes and clears when under pressure, they were constantly picked off and it was so obvious too. It's great to see him get minutes at this stage and get experience, but no I don't think he's the better option at this point.

McIlrath got partially beat wide a few times, but he actually recovered with most of those and didn't allow shots. He was more than solid with his outlets and clears.

The Pens are a quick team and AV clearly thinks Skjei is better on the right fending off those rushes than McIlrath. But Av should've been worried about other stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad