Player Discussion Dylan McIlrath Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Just thinking about it, had we kept Yandle and Stralman instead of Staal and Girardi, we'd be real Cup contenders right now.

Can you imagine that?!

McDonagh-Stralman
Yandle-Klein
Skjei-McIlrath

We wouldn't even have all this Shattenkirk talk

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Can you imagine that?!

McDonagh-Stralman
Yandle-Klein
Skjei-McIlrath

Sad how 2 contracts absolutely destroyed what not could have, but *would have* been a better team...

Av was coach when Girardi was resigned. I wonder how much of this roster's problems are truly on AV...

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Haha so the good is most things about play and the bad is AV doesn't like him.

AV is a horrendous evaluator of defensive talent, as he's proven over and over and over and over

'Twas a good article by Cerny. I swear he reads these boards, lol. The only thing I disagree with him on is the board/corner battles. I think Dylan is very good along the boards. He can literally smear a guy against the boards and hold him there, while the puck floats free, lol. Maybe I have been biased in my viewing and he has been losing more of those than winning. I'll have to pay more attention.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
:facepalm:

dxwoMZD.png

TankLarkin

Will Cuylle is Ready.
Mar 3, 2012
Rochester, NY
This is really distressing. I've never disliked a coach on any of my teams (football, basketball and baseball) as much as this gum-chewing featherweight. DM is a strong presence, home and away, and plays well enough for at least a six spot. So have at it opposing teams... run our guys as you wish ... unless of course you're afraid of Kreider. A f-ing joke.

PS article unfair about DM not preventing Belesky and others. Guys used to run Detroit's guys when Probert and Kocur were prowling Joe Louis. It's gonna happen. And it's hard to prove all the crap DM prevented when suited up because..... it never happened!

One more time ... AV is an idiot.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014

Cerny just made the argument against deterrents overall and doesn't even realize it.

Again, just getting rid of Dylan when he's immediately capable of playing on the third-pairing and could handle second-pairing minutes with regular playing time is just a bad move.

Hockeyplayer99

Jul 31, 2005
AV is joke. Wouldn't be smart getting rid of MCI, especially when they realize that yes Clendening provides offense, but his defense play is terrible. He will also lose battles in front of the net causing goals against. It showed last pre-season game when he got knocked off the puck. If we are really going after Trouba or Shattenkirk, Clendening really serves no point on this team. Rather keep MCI. If the coach wasn't such a pansy MCI would be playing.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville

Hockey players are gonna hockey and **** is gonna happen. Also, he points to two instances that occurred. He can't point to all the instances that didn't occur when McI was on the ice....because they didn't occur! I'd bet many hits have been averted because of McI's presence....but we have no way tracking it.

TurgePurge*

The way the script has turned with Mcilrath would be like Freddy the Goat toiling around the marlies for two more years, making the leafs going into the 18-19 season as an extra forward, playing 30 games without falling on his face, and then becoming the most popular player on the team with the fanbase!!! And blaming Mike Babcock for ruining his chances at having success!!!

I literally thought every angle through so dont try to poke holes in my analogy. I mean besides The Goat playing in the WJC and being a puzzlemaster and doing work at Chipotle on a daily basis.

OrbitalDynamics

#Unsurprised
May 22, 2008
Stalag Luft JFK
Skjei is "a young player going through the process",so of course coach lug nut will keep a waiver exempt player up and continue to lobby to throw away the first round pick they've invested five years in.

They'll be lucky to get a conditional 3rd for McIlrath now that Vigno has all but said he sucks.

People talk about terrible asset management,this is it.

Blais to Win

Dec 16, 2009
Really unfortunate news. Was really looking forward to him getting a shot finally this year. To be relegated to the press box by a one-dimensional journeyman who never scored more than 6 points for an NHL team is pretty ridiculous, especially when said guy's expertise is supposedly scoring.

Bad feeling about this season already.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
Took McIlrath an eternity to start impressing fans and quell the Fowler talk and just as he's finding his form at the NHL level he can't get in the lineup. Sucks for him, he seems like a great guy and really stayed positive and worked hard when most fans were doubting him.

gump116

Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
New York
Can you imagine that?!

McDonagh-Stralman
Yandle-Klein
Skjei-McIlrath

In this dream world, I'd actually switch Klein and McIlrath. I thought Yandle and McIlrath looked really good together last year (and the numbers backed it up). They might've actually been our best pairing all year. Unfortunately, AV split them up so Boyle and Girardi could play.

The defense above is easily top 10, maybe top 5 in the league (and at a lower cap hit than our current one).

nyrage

Aug 2, 2005
Houston, TX
It's silly to expect someone like McIlrath or any other fighter to be a deterrent. The only way it works is if you go after one of our good players, we go after your good players. That might stop a goon from doing it, but the goon doesn't care if he gets into a fight if he gets his job done.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
In this dream world, I'd actually switch Klein and McIlrath. I thought Yandle and McIlrath looked really good together last year (and the numbers backed it up). They might've actually been our best pairing all year. Unfortunately, AV split them up so Boyle and Girardi could play.

The defense above is easily top 10, maybe top 5 in the league (and at a lower cap hit than our current one).

Sidenote:
Keep in mind both Yandle and Stralman signed with teams in Florida, which affects the total number of the contracts.

Yandle at 6.35m would be closer to 7m
Stralman at 4.5m would be closer to 5.2m

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
This is such a depressing note to start the season on.

"Maybe AV will be different this year!"

Mci isn't in the top 6 and won't even play if Klein isn't ready to go.

"Oh..."

Sucks that we'll have to waste another part of another season having this guy yet again prove that he's not good enough to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $20.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest