Player Discussion Dylan McIlrath Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Don't know what to say anymore.

The hockey gods gave this team a huge gift and AV threw it away. Working out well since the team is winning so much though. Oh wait...

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
This is why I hate the Dylan lovers. Go ahead and tell me deserves to be playing over any of the RHD ahead of him on the depth chart right now. Complain complain complain, AV is a President Cup winning coach, if Dylan was better he would be playing.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
It's not even politics. It's a coach mishandling young players; something AV has been noted to do throughout his career. Not only does he mishandle them and single them out (while letting vets off the hook of responsibility)...but I don't think he trusts any of his 1st or 2nd year players. It's debilitating to the confidence of our youngsters...that's for sure. I kind of want AV fired at this point.

gorangers0525

Dec 15, 2014
This is why I hate the Dylan lovers. Go ahead and tell me deserves to be playing over any of the RHD ahead of him on the depth chart right now. Complain complain complain, AV is a President Cup winning coach, if Dylan was better he would be playing.

You hate people who prefer a team dress their better players? Weird thing to hate. :shakehead

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York

He deserves to play over two of them easily. If AV was a great coach who makes no mistakes he'd have a cup.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse

welcome to the dark side..... oh wait, you sneaky guy you.

my sarcasm meter batteries must be dead.

at this point, just trade the kid. av hates him. he's not gonna play.

problem is, his value aint that great. I'm perplexed as to av's end game here. did dylan kill his dog or something ?

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess

problem is, his value aint that great. I'm perplexed as to av's end game here. did dylan kill his dog or something ?

Hahaha I was bored, my bad.

It really is perplexing, McI-Yandle can help propel this team out of it's funk, they make a really solid pair to compliment McD-Klein. If the forwards pull their head out of their backside, the Rangers can be pretty good, not last year but good enough not to hate ourselves for watching them night in and night out.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
He deserves to be playing in the top 6 of the Rangers right now.

Rank 'em

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=112498559&postcount=12

Edit, To humor you here goes:

1.) McD
2.) Yandle
3.) Klein
4.) McI
5.) Boyle
6.) Staal
7.) Girardi

I think sometimes he ranks with Klein, he's not ahead by much.

Further Edit:

My sarcasm radar was turned off.

Baffling. That is the only way that I would describe the situation.

All good lol.

ThatsNashty61*

Dylan should be playing every night and one of the older, oft banged up RDs should be sitting so he can play. All three of our starting RDs could use time off and at this point none of them are playing so well that they deserve better. Free Dylan.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011

I wondered if Dylan is dating his daughter like in the movie Youngblood. :D

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
LOL I was afraid the boards posters were too young to understand the Youngblood reference. :D
I remember it very well. I think that Keanu Reeves was the goalie, no? And as I recall, from neck down, wasn't it Peter Zezel (who used to torture the Rangers)?

Ok, back to Mclrath.....LET HIM PLAY! LET HIM PLAY! LET HIM PLAY!

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
LOL I was afraid the boards posters were too young to understand the Youngblood reference. :D

Oh hell no.

My favorite thing about that movie was Eric Nesterenko's (he was the hockey consultant and Rob Lowe's dad in the flick) quote when asked how was it teaching Rob Lowe how to play hockey. His reply: "It was like teaching Cheryl Tiegs how to play linebacker."

I love that quote.

I remember it very well. I think that Keanu Reeves was the goalie, no? And as I recall, from neck down, wasn't it Peter Zezel (who used to torture the Rangers)?

Ok, back to Mclrath.....LET HIM PLAY! LET HIM PLAY! LET HIM PLAY!

He was the goalie and Zezel was in the flick as well.

JoeMurphysSkates

Mar 18, 2015
Long time reader (since late 90's ?) who never contributes but this situation is compelling me to post.
SO sick of McIlrath being scratched. AV has really lost me at this point. I think AV has lost the benefit of our doubt : We've already seen how he'll keep playing a completely finished player (like Martin St. Louis on 1st powerplay throughout 15' playoffs) right off the cliff into oblivion.

I really hope they aren't hurting Dylan's development too badly.

I know AC and staff are the pro's and we're just amateur, "arm-chair coaches" but it just seems so obvious the team has better chances of getting back to being a contender in 17' , with an experienced McIrath vs. hoping Girardi finds the fontain of youth
:rant:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes