Rumor: Dumba deal in the works... several teams interested

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
If he's really available you got to think Dubas is all over this this NEEDS a RD
You've gotta prepare to give. Not Bracco + Johnson + 2nd. I'm talking likely Nylander (if he can play C) for Dumba with a small add. Minnesota won't do Toronto any favors whatsoever.

That, or there could be a 3-way deal if Minny doesn't see Nylander as a center. If with Montreal, I could see this:

Toronto gets Dumba + MTL 2nd. Minnesota gets Danault. Montreal gets Nylander.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
You've gotta prepare to give. Not Bracco + Johnson + 2nd. I'm talking likely Nylander (if he can play C) for Dumba with a small add. Minnesota won't do Toronto any favors whatsoever.

That, or there could be a 3-way deal if Minny doesn't see Nylander as a center. If with Montreal, I could see this:

Yeah I'd rather just have Nylander

Reactions: Digitalbooya

A Loyal Dog

Oct 20, 2016
Yeah I'd rather just have Nylander
Makes sense. And if he works out as a center, that would be great for you guys.

The more I think of it, I think Toronto and Minny should make that trade. Or, more so, Brodin if he could be used on the right side - since Toronto would greatly benefit a defensive defenseman on the right side. Nylander for Brodin (extended).

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

Nylander does not play center at all it was tried and failed miserably in game 5

A Loyal Dog

Oct 20, 2016
Nylander does not play center at all it was tried and failed miserably in game 5
Then a 3-way trade should work in your case (Montreal says hello), unless Minny wants to trade for another winger. If Brodin plays equally well on the right side, he should definitely be the one you guys go for.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Then a 3-way trade should work in your case (Montreal says hello). If Brodin plays equally well on the right side, he should definitely be the one you guys go for.

No thanks on the three way

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Then a 3-way trade should work in your case (Montreal says hello), unless Minny wants to trade for another winger. If Brodin plays equally well on the right side, he should definitely be the one you guys go for.

Brodin as no term I doubt any team gives up a top 6 C for him.

DC Comics

Dec 30, 2019
I threw up a little after reading this
And they will probably lose one of their top 4 D in the expansion draft, Makes sense for them to trade Dumba or Brodin for a center if a center is available. Centers are rarely trade. Options seems to be only Domi, Nylander, may be Strome.

A Loyal Dog

Oct 20, 2016
Centers are rarely trade. TSN has only Domi on the Trade Bait (even if he is listed as LW, he is a way better C than LW) TSN Hockey's Trade Bait List - TSN.ca
I agree with you. Domi is a way better C than LW.

That being said, I have a hunch Danault will be the one sacrificed in the end. His comments did not go unnoticed with MTL management (who absolutely hate when players play the blackmail card).

I honestly think Danault would be a great get for any team looking for a center. Minnesota is desperate for one. My only issue is that I don't want to replace Danault with Brodin, who's a defensive-defenseman. We need PMD. If Dumba could play on the left side, he'd be ideal to play with Weber. Otherwise, we could always trade for Dumba, and then find another team who would want Petry (maybe Colorado? as long as it's not for Zadorov, Jost, 2nd, etc lol). With Weber and Petry in their mid-30s, it wouldn't be a bad idea.

Danault for Dumba I think is a great offer both ways.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
As currently constructed, it makes much more sense that the Wild protect 4+4 as opposed to 7+3. Their defenders are significantly better players than the forwards they would expose.

Nylander is one of the few players quasi “available” that I would be comfortable moving Dumba for. His game would align with Fiala and that is what the goal would be in trading Dumba. Even then it is a risk as the team would want him up the middle which many say he is not suited for.

As a Wild fan given the names that have been thrown about at center, I just do not see the upside in trading a player like Dumba. Unless there is a center available that we are not aware of, the Wild likely lose any trade involving him by a comfortable margin.

A Loyal Dog

Oct 20, 2016
As currently constructed, it makes much more sense that the Wild protect 4+4 as opposed to 7+3. Their defenders are significantly better players than the forwards they would expose.

Nylander is one of the few players quasi “available” that I would be comfortable moving Dumba for. His game would align with Fiala and that is what the goal would be in trading Dumba. Even then it is a risk as the team would want him up the middle which many say he is not suited for.

As a Wild fan given the names that have been thrown about at center, I just do not see the upside in trading a player like Dumba. Unless there is a center available that we are not aware of, the Wild likely lose any trade involving him by a comfortable margin.
Danault was ranked 7th among all centers in 5v5/60 production... If he's not good enough for you guys, then lol.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Danault was ranked 7th among all centers in 5v5/60 production... If he's not good enough for you guys, then lol.

I like Danault, he’s a fine player and would fit in well here IMO. But not a player that the team should be interested in moving Dumba for without a significant add on Montreal’s side.

If Brodin is devalued because of his contract status, the same could be said for Danault who seems to be positioning himself for a significant contact.

In needing a center, Dumba is the real true valuable asset they have to put an offer together. I’m not sure Danault is that center you push the chips in for. If that’s the best you can do, you hang onto Dumba and allow him to build his value back up for the next option that comes available down the line.

A Loyal Dog

Oct 20, 2016
I like Danault, he’s a fine player and would fit in well here IMO. But not a player that the team should be interested in moving Dumba for without a significant add on Montreal’s side.

If Brodin is devalued because of his contract status, the same could be said for Danault who seems to be positioning himself for a significant contact.

In needing a center, Dumba is the real true valuable asset they have to put an offer together. I’m not sure Danault is that center you push the chips in for. If that’s the best you can do, you hang onto Dumba and allow him to build his value back up for the next option that comes available down the line.
Absolutely no one on here has devalued Brodin because of his contract status. I brought up the fact that Danault's value is lowered because of said contract status that Brodin's should be as well. That said, it is a legitimate concern and I would believe that an extension should be discussed prior to making the trade (though I read somewhere that it's no longer allowed).

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
Absolutely no one on here has devalued Brodin because of his contract status. I brought up the fact that Danault's value is lowered because of said contract status that Brodin's should be as well. That said, it is a legitimate concern and I would believe that an extension should be discussed prior to making the trade (though I read somewhere that it's no longer allowed).

I’m going to take a hack at this since I made a post about this.

I believe teams can still negotiate an extension before a trade. However, what isn’t allowed is trading someone for a 2nd round pick and adding on the deal “team will get a 1st round pick if player is extended”

please correct me if I am wrong though.

Reactions: A Loyal Hot Dog

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN

Wait a minute, you're not willing to do Domi for Dumba, but then you expect the Leafs to do Nylander for Dumba? :huh:

For what it's worth, I'd personally rather have Danault than Domi. I just trust his consistency more. That said, the Wild need to be sure to get the most value out of this trade that they can, because they only have the one trade to work with. Once they move Dumba or Brodin, they're virtually locked into keeping the other, and they'll also be locked into their new center. I'm not sure Danault has a high enough offensive ceiling to have that level of value to them. But I'm also not sure Dumba is capable of fetching the value they're looking for after this down season. A compromise will almost definitely have to be made.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Dumba would look real nice on the Flyers. Some fans are worried about the expansion draft but I’m more than willing to make a deal with Seattle to take another player.

dumba/provorov/Myers/Sanheim would be a lovely top 4

Reactions: Luckylarry

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
What would the + need to be in Danault extended + for Dumba and Beckman? Wild should also draft Lundell/Rossi so that between Danault, Lundell/Rossi, Stall and Eriksson-Ek they are starting to have some good 2-way Cs.
Romanov

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Is it three more years for Dumba at 6 per? He had one season with 50 points, but otherwise is between 20 and 30. Was that 50 point year an outlier? Was that his career year, and he’s more so the 20 to 30 point guy?

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota

That being said, I have a hunch Danault will be the one sacrificed in the end. His comments did not go unnoticed with MTL management (who absolutely hate when players play the blackmail card).

I honestly think Danault would be a great get for any team looking for a center. Minnesota is desperate for one. My only issue is that I don't want to replace Danault with Brodin, who's a defensive-defenseman. We need PMD. If Dumba could play on the left side, he'd be ideal to play with Weber. Otherwise, we could always trade for Dumba, and then find another team who would want Petry (maybe Colorado? as long as it's not for Zadorov, Jost, 2nd, etc lol). With Weber and Petry in their mid-30s, it wouldn't be a bad idea.

I wouldn’t try Dumba on the right side personally. He finally turned a corner defensively (sort of) on the right side.

Regarding your desire for a puck moving defensemen, I don’t think you should disregard Brodin as that type of player. While you’re 100% correct in referring to him as a more defensive minded player, he still moves the puck extremely well. His point totals are lower but when comparing even strength stats with Brodin and Dumba, I think you would be surprised.

DC Comics

Dec 30, 2019

It is a great offer for both value wise but Habs are not doing it. No trading Danault for RD. Noise from Danault is to help him getting a nice contract not to get trade. He is not going anywhere and he knows it.

Habs don't have a 1C per say but have four middle 6 C. Suzuki and KK are the future and needs to play C to improve. Danaul is the perfect complement of those 2 because his defense. Domi is the goner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad