Status
Not open for further replies.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
2 guys
8 picks before 9

Yup wrong answer by you
I guess some guys can't figure out simple math :dunno:

Or do you have Rossi and Perfetti as the 2 best players in the draft?

If Rossi and Perfetti are both gone before the Wild pick at 9 that means that at least two of the following would still be available-

Lafreniere
Stuetzle
Byfield
Drysdale
Raymond
Sanderson
Lundell
Holtz

Legegendsofthenorth

Jun 6, 2018
I guess some guys can't figure out simple math :dunno:

Or do you have Rossi and Perfetti as the 2 best players in the draft?

If Rossi and Perfetti are both gone before the Wild pick at 9 that means that at least two of the following would still be available-

Lafreniere
Stuetzle
Byfield
Drysdale
Raymond
Sanderson
Lundell
Holtz

Yup but you said one of Perfetti or Rossi would be there because of simple math. Now you are backing out of that...

Got it

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Yup but you said one of Perfetti or Rossi would be there because of simple math. Now you are backing out of that...

Got it
Actually, I said one of Rossi, Perfetti, or an even better player would be there at 9. Simple reading is a struggle for some as well I guess.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
Lol, it’s good to dream. I want McDavid, MacKinnon, Hedman all on my team.

There’s no way the Habs ever entertain Suzuki for anyone. Danault? Yeah. Danault for Dumba is something I would entertain. Not Domi, not Suzuki. I wouldn’t trade KK just yet either.

So 27yo guy who is UFA next summer. HFboard quality here we go.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Why is Minnesota trading Dumba? I thought he finally turned the.corner

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Why is Minnesota trading Dumba? I thought he finally turned the.corner

Because our center depth after next season looks like this:

Eriksson Ek
Sturm
Rask

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
What does Brodin have to do with that conversation? You're trying so hard, yet failing at every turn.
What are you talking about? Whenever anyone presented Domi or Danault for Brodin, lots of Wild fans say no. They value Brodin very highly, etc. Some guy called out Danault not having much value because he’s UFA next year, yet your own player Brodin (who apparently has near equal value to Dumba) is also UFA next year... does that mean he’s not worth much either?

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
What would the + need to be in Danault extended + for Dumba and Beckman? Wild should also draft Lundell/Rossi so that between Danault, Lundell/Rossi, Stall and Eriksson-Ek they are starting to have some good 2-way Cs.

Last edited:

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
Big time pass. Montreal has Weber and Petry on the Right. Last thing they’re going to do is trade away a young top 6 C for a RHD

Suzuki and KK are staying put.

Habs can get a top 4 D using Domi and picks. Plus, Dumba as a RD, would not be their first option.

I obviously agree with Suzuki/KK being off the table but I disagree about positional needs. Dumba is 26 and Petry is 32. Both bring the same elements to a team. I'd love to do something around Danault extended for Dumba and trade Petry for a kings ransom to a contender. This allows you to get younger without worsening your roster.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
What would the + need to be in Danault extended + for Dumba and Beckman? Wild should also draft Lundell so that between Danault, Lundell, Stall and Eriksson-Ek they are starting to have some good 2-way Cs.

More than you want to include.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Beckman is a solid B prospect and something around Danault extended for Dumba is quite fair. So no, the + wouldn't be substantial.

Certainly it would be.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Isn't Khovanov a center? Kaprizov-Khovanov might be a nice duo right out of the gate.

Khovanov will be playing for Ak Bars for the 2020-21 season, and there's no guarantee he can be a top 6 center in the future.

Reactions: AJ Thelen

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Isn't Khovanov a center? Kaprizov-Khovanov might be a nice duo right out of the gate.

yes he’s a center He is at least a year away. Probably 2 or 3. His development has been a bit peculiar and while his talent is undeniable he has almost no experience playing against men. I think 2 years in KHL is what he needs, or 1 in KHL and 1 in AHL.

Reactions: Gravity

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
What are you talking about? Whenever anyone presented Domi or Danault for Brodin, lots of Wild fans say no. They value Brodin very highly, etc. Some guy called out Danault not having much value because he’s UFA next year, yet your own player Brodin (who apparently has near equal value to Dumba) is also UFA next year... does that mean he’s not worth much either?

Did you ever consider that since every Minnesota fan reacted this way that Brodin might just be a really good defender? He’s a machine. Fancy stats suggest he was the best defensive dman in the league last year and the eye test says the same. Guys like that are rare and exceedingly valuable.

Dumba, on the other hand, is a much less consistent player. He also is sandwiched between 2 skilled small RHD in Spurgeon and Addison. That makes him as an offensively-focused RHD very replaceable. But a year ago Dumba was on pace for 30 goals and had significantly more trade value than Dumba. In fact Dumba and Domi are very similar in that regard. Both were incredible in 2018-19 and took a huge step back. Dumba, to be fair, was coming off major shoulder surgery so many assume his struggles relate to that. Not sure what excuse Domi has.

FireGorton

Laf to Kak
Aug 6, 2020
"All but gone" is probably strong, but Russo's last podcast did say that Guerin seems to be shopping him. That shouldn't be surprising considering Minnesota's strengths, needs and situation heading into the expansion draft, but it's more than just speculation.
Don’t forget he is coming off a bad season due to injuries. Any team giving a top 6 Centre for 6 million cap hit is overpaying.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Did you ever consider that since every Minnesota fan reacted this way that Brodin might just be a really good defender? He’s a machine. Fancy stats suggest he was the best defensive dman in the league last year and the eye test says the same. Guys like that are rare and exceedingly valuable.

Dumba, on the other hand, is a much less consistent player. He also is sandwiched between 2 skilled small RHD in Spurgeon and Addison. That makes him as an offensively-focused RHD very replaceable. But a year ago Dumba was on pace for 30 goals and had significantly more trade value than Dumba. In fact Dumba and Domi are very similar in that regard. Both were incredible in 2018-19 and took a huge step back. Dumba, to be fair, was coming off major shoulder surgery so many assume his struggles relate to that. Not sure what excuse Domi has.
And Danault is a poor center? He's been shutting down top lines these past few years like no other. The guy is a +18 on a bottom-of-the-barrel team lol while leading TOI in all forwards. The eye test would also tell that he's among the very best shutdown centers in the league - if not the actual best. Besides, I keep reading everywhere that one of Brodin/Dumba is available, and that you guys need a center. So obviously it makes sense that Habs and Wild are a likely match...

Also, Domi's excuse is that his coach likes defensive-first players (and Domi isn't known for being that good defensively - he's not bad, like the atrocious Galchenyuk, but he's certainly no Danault either). Domi's had crappy ass linemates all season long (no joke, go check it out: he's been paired with 3/4th liners the entire season) and, yet, was still on pace for 50+ points. In my opinion and in many other Habs opinions, Domi did not take a step back this year, he was just a victim of horrible circumstances laid to him by a dumb dinosaur defense-first coach. Our first center to have scored over 70+ in well over a decade, and he's been given absolutely nothing to succeed (not like he was given much the season he netted 70+ points - he was solely paired with one of Drouin, Shaw, or Byron; meanwhile Princess Danault always had all the best wingers to himself). It would be nice to see Domi get 1 (just 1) solid winger.

That said, I'm 1000000000000000% sure that the Habs are looking at Brodin, just because they just can't have enough defense/defensive forwards, etc. Do you know any other team that has over 15m cap tied to goalies? Lol, yup, it's Montreal! Defense, defense, defense. Even with forwards: it's all about players like Danault, Lehkonen, Byron. We can't score a goal to save our lives, and our "current" 3rd best goalscorer (Domi, the same guy who has been paired with absolute shit all season long) is the guy that Habs are running out of town. Go figure.

Our situation really f***ing sucks. But yeah, take a shot on all our players - it's not like our good ones are going to stay either way (they're either chased away or will rightfully leave once they have the chance in UFA).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad