Rumor: Dumba deal in the works... several teams interested

Status
Not open for further replies.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
At center in Ottawa we have some pieces,A still developing Colin White,and the AHL rookie of the year in Josh Norris and a big Logan Brown that is taking some time...He can be dominate in the AHL at times,but more work is needed...So we are likely out of the running

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Thats a good question... our holes are at RHD and 2C (like you). While dumba fills the RHD hole (in a way that jets fans won't love - we aren't sold on his defence), im not sure how you'd make up the gap in value that remained. Maybe the 9th and someone who could step into a middle 6rw role? Got any of those? We'd probably have to send a roster player back to you guys to balance it out again.

Basically both teams would be dealing from positions of strength but neither would be really happy with what they're getting in return. Most jets fans want laine dealt in a 1-1 deal with a player with similar age, upside and value. Since that's unlikely to happen, we'd be happy to hang on to him.
Sounds like Dumba + #9 + Kunin, which.... ouch, but "ouch" is about what you'd expect.

Does substituting both of next year's 1sts (Min and Pitt) for #9 work? It'd leave Minnesota a chance to draft a center this year while Winnipeg could still probably leverage those picks to trade for one themselves.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Sounds like Dumba + #9 + Kunin, which.... ouch, but "ouch" is about what you'd expect.

Ya, it the Wild had anything (inset John Travolta Pulp Fiction gif) at the center position it may make some sense. But here we are.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
At center in Ottawa we have some pieces,A still developing Colin White,and the AHL rookie of the year in Josh Norris and a big Logan Brown that is taking some time...He can be dominate in the AHL at times,but more work is needed...So we are likely out of the running
colin white could be of interest. i dont know much about him but i have seen his name pop up a few times. care to give some slight details on the kid?

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
colin white could be of interest. i dont know much about him but i have seen his name pop up a few times. care to give some slight details on the kid?
Had a very solid first year when we had some good veterans like Stone JGP ETC still on the team...41 points in 71 games including 14 goals...

Then the following year he was hurt in TC and started pretty slow,and with added responsibilty he struggled with 23 points in 61 games...He works hard ,and is known as the teams rink rat..So I suspect he will be closer to the previous years production,can PK and can be decent at the dot...But as far being a top end number 2,he may get there over time..But On a real good team he would be ideal as a defensive number 3 currently

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Laine will ask for close to 10 millions long term. Montreal can't afford that, especially with price at 10.5 and a flat cap in the near future.

Spending that kind of money on a winger that is not Kane, Ovechkin or Panarin makes no sense (see Marner, Mitch).

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
Maybe Dumba's value isnt as high as people think.

According to Rick Dhawliwal ( one of the most connected insider in Vancouver, works for TSN) the Canucks are heavily in conversation with The Wild regarding Dumba BUT Brock Boeser isnt who they are offering.

Very interesting,

Maybe its something like

Gaudette
Sutter
Hoglander (2nd best prospect in system)
3rd rnd pick

for

Dumba

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

According to Rick Dhawliwal ( one of the most connected insider in Vancouver, works for TSN) the Canucks are heavily in conversation with The Wild regarding Dumba BUT Brock Boeser isnt who they are offering.

Very interesting,

Maybe its something like

Gaudette
Sutter
3rd rnd pick

for

Dumba

I would imagine Guerin would head to the guillotine rather than home if that deal went through. Ouch.

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
imo the Wild messed up.

Once they signed Brodin long term it became almost a given that they were moving Dumba.

They lost leverage in this scenario.

I think they should have moved Dumba first then signed Brodin long term at least then they dont have to look so desperate in trying to move Dumba, which everyone now knows they are.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison

Very interesting,

Maybe its something like

Gaudette
Sutter
3rd rnd pick

for

Dumba
I'm sure that Benning is selling that sort of idea real hard, but the chances of Guerin biting on it are about zero.

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014
The GM of the wild said they are looking for a top 6 center in return. Why is everyone proposing spare parts, picks and wingers?

The ask will be too much and he will either settle for a 50 point second line center with upside or he will keep Dumba. Those are those only two options.

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
I'm sure that Benning is selling that sort of idea real hard, but the chances of Guerin biting on it are about zero.

I think you are under selling players like Gaudette and Hoglander.

Gaudette is a young right handed centre who has the skills to be a 2c in this league.

And Hoglander is Canuck's 2nd best prospect. He was leading the WJC in scoring until he got suspended for the semis and bronze game.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020

Yep. As a Wild fan not overly concerned about that type of deal because he would be absolutely torn to threads by the fan base.

And as far as leverage goes, until the Wild add someone who’s actually a good hockey player on a deal over a year, they still go 4+4 in expansion because the forward they lose isn’t near the quality of Dumba. And if they re-sign Soucy, I’m not sure the forward is on his level either. In my view, leverage in this situation doesn’t really come into the equation.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Jets GM no doubt is kicking tires on a bunch of players & options to see where the market is at. But Dumba really doesn't fill a need on the Jets, Jets need a big phyiscal defensive top 4 D.......Dumba while being talented absolutely isn't that.

Reactions: Luckylarry

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Dumba hasnt been Dumba for a while now is all im saying, maybe his value isnt as high
Dumba needs PP one minutes to improve his point totals. How many teams, that need a PP Dman, will trade a top six forward (especially a centre) for Dumba, when they could sign Barrie for likely the same cap cost as a UFA? Are there any teams in that kind of situation? Dumba’s return, if he is traded, will be less than what Minny is hoping for. There just isn’t much of a market for what he provides, especially at six on the cap.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
They lost leverage in this scenario.
I dunno, he is a decent cap hit, signed for 3 more years, and he shoots right. Those 3 things are huge and will give the Wild more than enough to get a good return.

Also it has looked as though Dumba would be on the move for a while now, I don't think many GM's would be bothered with Brodin signing, they knew Dumba would be shopped around anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad